1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

What is up with this x1950pro

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by ny_driver, Apr 21, 2007.

1. ny_driver

ny_driver New Member

Thanks Received:
    :eek: I 1st installed it a few days ago and it was amazingly fast (worth every penny was my 1st impression) Anyways I had some odd snow after racing awhile, so I uninstalled it and ran Drivercleaner pro in safe mode, defragmented and cleaned up my computer, then re-installed using the newest cat 7.4 drivers:shadedshu then when I test I notice a significant FPS loss(15-20 fps or more) so I say hmmm...must be the drivers. I uninstall and run the DCpro in safe mode again and re-install using the original drivers from the cd expecting it to be amazingly fast again, but NO LUCK. I'm positive I had everything maxed just like I do now, on the 1st day when I was so impressed.

Anyone ever experience such a thing or heard of it?:cry:please help me

2. tkpenalty New Member

Thanks Received:
    racing? Eh? I reckon you should get Omega drivers... they rule.

3. ny_driver

ny_driver New Member

Thanks Received:
    thx for the tip tk:respect: is it possible that I may have disabled AGP acceleration somehow? I was just reading about that in the Omega drivers readme, that after installing those drivers you may have to reinstall the latest AGP chipset driver on motherboard.EDIT: wow those drivers were amazing nearly tripled the FPS, but it went snowy in like 5 minutes. I took a screenshot but I can't get it to resize for some reason. It just looked like snow, except different and a bit worse, but this time it went away when I closed the 3d application. It was running great with no problems except the crappy framerate, and now jawdropping framerate but got snow in 5 minutes.:banghead:I think I will swap out the PSU, and then try again.:toast: pray for me;)

EDIT: It started artifacting way faster with the new PSU.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2007