• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

What Keyboard should i get?

System Name TaichiTig
Processor i7 6800K
Motherboard ASRock X99 Taichi
Memory 32GB DDR4 3200
Video Card(s) RTX 4070
Storage SSD + Misc. HDDs in DrivePool
Display(s) BenQ PD3200U, Samsung C32HG70
Case Antec Twelve Hundred
Audio Device(s) Behringer UMC404HD, LSR308, Shure SRH840, AKG K612, Etymotic HF5
Power Supply Corsair 750TX
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Deck Legend Ice Tactile
Software Win10
Deck Legend user chiming in here. I found mine for $100, gently used. Before buying it, before I had used any mechanical keyboard, I might have wondered if it was worth $100, or the $150 it usually costs. And my answer is this: if I could go back in time and choose again whether or not to buy it, I would even if it was $150. You can find info on its aesthetics, functionality, and specs anywhere so I'm just posting to answer the question "is it worth it?" from my perspective.

Buy quality, buy once.

might aswell pick up an IBM Model M keyboard then lol

Unicomp customisers are the copy of those, they bought the plans or the tech or something and started making the boards again. Great for typing but i dont know if they are good for gaming.

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Processor AMD FX 8350@ 5.0GHz
Motherboard Asus TUF 990FX Sabertooth R2 2901 Bios
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Memory 16 GB Gskill Ripjaws X 2133 (2400 OC, 10-10-12-20-20, 1T, 1.65V)
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 290 Sapphire Vapor-X
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, WD Velociraptor 1TB
Display(s) NEC Multisync LCD 1700V (Display Port Adapter)
Case AeroCool Xpredator Evil Blue Edition
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Seasonic 1250 XM2 Series (XP3)
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK Pro
Software Windows 7 Pro 64
Unicomp customisers are the copy of those, they bought the plans or the tech or something and started making the boards again. Great for typing but i dont know if they are good for gaming.

You gotta recall that the feedback of them will be faster than dome type switches, n i believe u dont even have to press the key fully to get the command u want

Last edited by a moderator:

AsRock

TPU addict
Processor AMD 3900X \ AMD 7700X
Motherboard ASRock AM4 X570 Pro 4 \ ASUS X670Xe TUF
Cooling D15
Memory Patriot 2x16GB PVS432G320C6K \ G.Skill Flare X5 F5-6000J3238F 2x16GB
Video Card(s) eVga GTX1060 SSC \ XFX RX 6950XT RX-695XATBD9
Storage Sammy 860, MX500, Sabrent Rocket 4 Sammy Evo 980 \ 1xSabrent Rocket 4+, Sammy 2x990 Pro
Display(s) Samsung 1080P \ LG 43UN700
Case Fractal Design Pop Air 2x140mm fans from Torrent \ Fractal Design Torrent 2 SilverStone FHP141x2
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V677 \ Yamaha CX-830+Yamaha MX-630 Infinity RS4000\Paradigm P Studio 20, Blue Yeti
Power Supply Seasonic Prime TX-750 \ Corsair RM1000X Shift
Mouse Steelseries Sensei wireless \ Steelseries Sensei wireless
Keyboard Logitech K120 \ Wooting Two HE
Benchmark Scores Meh benchmarks.
I personally wouldn't use Cherry MX Blues for gaming, you can do it but its not ideal.

Deck Legends are absolute quality keyboards but are pretty basic and pricey. Its a shame most of the inferior quality boards offer more of the flashy stuff. Same with the Das keyboards really nice to use but basic as far as features go.

The Razor board, some of the keys interfere with each other like the spacebar, the spacebar has shit stabilizers, dont know if its the same now but the they had a shitty OEM, problems with firmware, keycap quality could be better, the fact its glossy and made by razer, looks plasticy, strange font on the keys, keys are looser, on the right hand side they decided to put the usb and audio ports problem is most people have their mice on that side of the desk, MX Blues should be marketed for gaming they are not gaming keys sure you can use them for that and its okay but its not ideal like MX Blacks are but then thats like saying you can type on Blacks but they arnt better.

The reason Cherry MX Blues are not ideal for gaming is because of the actuation point. The actuation and release point can throw people off when gaming, MX blues are bouncier than say Browns. "Some don't like the fact that the release point is above the actuation point. This can cause some trouble with double-tapping."
http://park16.wakwak.com/~ex4/kb/tech/cherry_mx_click.swf

Yes it looks plasic and it is lol, although it's still a very heavy for a keyboard. I like the clicky sound my self it actually encourages me to use less force on the keys and yes i have had the double click when not wanted but found out it was just to lack of voltage on the southbridge maybe due to me using all USB connections on the system. And i forgot about the audio ports and the usb connection is terrible for a right handed person and totally sweet for a left handed person lol.

Last edited by a moderator: