1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

What new KB and mouse

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Pinchy, Dec 9, 2007.

1. Pinchy New Member

Thanks Received:
    Looking at a new keyboard and mouse. I love my current Logitech MX5000, but its simply crap for gaming. The keyboard is fine, but the mouse constantly "lags" and holds back, and I just cant play CS like that :p.

So, im going to sell the MX5000 set on ebay and with what I get, purchase a new keyboard and mouse.

Just throw any suggestions at me, regardless of price (just so long as they arent overly expensive).

I would prefer wireless, but if it isnt going to happen, I shall settle for a wired set.

So far, im looking at the G7 wireless mouse. Apparently its really good, esp for wireless. Got no idea about the keyboard :D.

Any suggestions welcomed :)

2. Woah Mama! New Member

Thanks Received:
    For keyboard two come to mind immediately for me. The Logitech G15 and the Razer Tarantula. I haven't any experience with the Razer, but the Logitech ever since I used it in a computer store for a 'demo' has stuck with me since I tried it in its original design. With the G15s reputation I don't see how you could go wrong, it is wired though so may not suit you. I once had a Microsoft Deluxe wireless optical desktop, the Keyboard even with new batteries always cut signal in racing games etc and running in FPS games was nigh impossible. I think the price at Gizmomart is the best you will get one, luckily it is in NSW too and is where I will be buying my G15.

Pinchy says thanks.
  3. Batou1986

Batou1986

Thanks Received:
    G7 is exelent ive had mine for over 2 years now and love it except for the fact that ist the ugly green and silver one.

not once have i had a single connection problem or anything i can plug the receiver into any computer and use it immediately without any drivers or software

i actually need new feet for it and it could use a paint job cause where my palm sits the paint is starting to come off because i use it that much

"but the mouse constantly "lags" and holds back"
    that is the exact reason i cannot stand any corded mice now i can not overstate how much better it is to have wireless for that reason alone

as for the g15 i have the older blue lighted one and my friend recently got the new orange one there nice i like mine but i don't use half the stuff on it the windows key lock function is nice so u dont minimize your games accidentally the lcd is nice too but im usualy to busy starring at my monitor to look at it altho it is handy for changing music and stuff wile gaming

Pinchy says thanks.
  4. Chewy

Chewy New Member

Thanks Received:
    do you need wireless? also the g3 is a great mouse for the $$$, a bit short on buttons though... as for the keyboard you could get an eclipse if you dont need macro keys or a g11/g15.

Pinchy says thanks.
  5. tigger

tigger I'm the only one

Thanks Received:
  6. Widjaja

Widjaja

Thanks Received:
    I agree with this set up.
    Only thing is the mouse is not wireless.
    Gamers most of the time don't for wireless mice because of responsiveness compared to one with a cord.

G3 is a nice mouse since it's either left or right, similar style to Razer mice.

I use a big and relativley bulky Logitech MX518 gaming mouse, similar to what your are using now but corded.
    Only goes up to 1600dpi, but I don't go above 900dpi max.

And the cheapest Logitech multimedia keyboard.
    Since I didn't want too many extras on my keyboard I could accidently hit.

Plus I like the quality of Logitech products.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2007
    Pinchy says thanks.
  7. Batou1986

Batou1986

Thanks Received:
    the main reason i like the g15 keyboards over the saitek ones is the letters on the keys light up not just the area around the keys

8. Chewy

Chewy New Member

Thanks Received:
    I like tiggers set-up, if you could opt for the g15 it has mods here on tpu for the screen. I personnally went with a g11 and couldnt be happier, the g15's screen wouldnt work with my keyboard tray/desk..

check and see if the newer satik eclipses light up better, the g series needs lots of room.

9. tigger

tigger I'm the only one

Thanks Received:
  10. Pinchy New Member

Thanks Received:
    After a quick look, a G15 + G7 is looking good :D...still dont know about that orange LED though.

Im going to look into it more now :)

Thanks for all the suggestions!