• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

what should i get

P

psychomage343

i've got maybe 60-70 bucks us i can spare on some coolers for my 7900's right now i've got them at 600/800 with no vmods, i'd like a better air cooler i can get relatively cheap that will allow me a small vmod while still keeping sub 60c load temps? i've got the cards in an antec 900 so cooling obviosly isn't a problem, just evga's stock coolers suck a$$.

WarEagleAU

Bird of Prey
System Name Pandemic 2020
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 "Gen 2" 2600X
Motherboard AsRock X470 Killer Promontory
Cooling CoolerMaster 240 RGB Master Cooler (Newegg Eggxpert)
Memory 32 GB Geil EVO Portenza DDR4 3200 MHz
Video Card(s) ASUS Radeon RX 580 DirectX 12 DUAL-RX580-O8G 8GB 256-Bit GDDR5 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video C
Storage WD 250 M.2, Corsair P500 M.2, OCZ Trion 500, WD Black 1TB, Assorted others.
Display(s) ASUS MG24UQ Gaming Monitor - 23.6" 4K UHD (3840x2160) , IPS, Adaptive Sync, DisplayWidget
Case Fractal Define R6 C
Audio Device(s) Realtek 5.1 Onboard
Power Supply Corsair RMX 850 Platinum PSU (Newegg Eggxpert)
Mouse Razer Death Adder
Keyboard Corsair K95 Mechanical & Corsair K65 Wired, Wireless, Bluetooth)
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
The Antec Nine Hundred is an awesome case, I know as I own it and got it soon after it come out (Think Im the first person on TPU with this case). The good thing about this case is, airflow and fans. The side fan, when you install it, can either suck out air or blow it in, either way has excellent benefits. So, you should be ok to mod your cards without the need for an overly expensive cooler. However, I will recommend these few right here:

Zalman VF900

Artic Cooling Axxcelero 1

Zalman Fatal1ty Edition

Thermalright

All these should offer lower thermals than the stock you currently have. Coupled with that case, and they should offer excellent temps. There are a few reviews here on TPU of newer VGA coolers that are pretty good. I highly recommend checking them out. Good luck.

P

psychomage343

unfortunately the zalman's are out of my price range, i love the axxcelero 1, it's got great cooling so i've heard and in my reletively cool room with the 900 it should perform as expeceted, and shit 20 bucks for 1 that's perfect, i'll have some extra cash left over lol

vipercrazy

Processor athlon 64, venice at 2.75, 1.58v
Motherboard asus A8N-32 sli deluxe
Cooling rosewill led tower thing
Memory ocZ 1 gig performace series oc'ed with ratio
Video Card(s) bfg tech 7900gt oc
Storage WD caviar 320gb
Display(s) sceptre 19in widescreen hd ready
Case NZXT lexa
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply Hiper type-R blue 580w
Software xp 32 bit
i would try anything that puts the hot air out of the case, that seems the best way to go, opposite of what the stock ones do, just blow the hot air all around.
the silencer seems nice and big, but just make sure to get the right paste, its covers everything if i can remember correctly
i want someone to get it, to see if i should upgrade to it or not, i get up to 65c with mine, but its rare
my memory has the sinks on it so it can run around 800 fine, the core i have trouble with, everything above 545 was unstable, i had it at 580 for a couple days though

P

psychomage343

nice viper but mine already do 600 on stock cooling, i'm looking to vmod a small amount and stay at sub 60 temps, at stock vcore i'm running 55or so,i'm looking to do the same at a higher voltage and higher oc

P

psychomage343

what about the vantec iceberg6? anybody had any luck with these??