1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

What software do you use on your HTPC?

Discussion in 'General Software' started by Live OR Die, Sep 6, 2010.

1. Live OR Die

Live OR Die

Thanks Received:
    im using iMEDIAN HD at the moment i dont think its that good im looking for some thing better that plays all formats of MKV's, iMEDIAN HD doesn't play all DTS formats, so something with a inbuilt library to thanks.

2. brandonwh64

brandonwh64 Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!

Thanks Received:
    well as of right now my last upgrade will be a BR drive once i can get one and im thinking of trading my ATI 4870 for a GTX 260 due to the LG tv not liking it too much but since i dont have BR i dont have much software except codecs and some games

Crunching for Team TPU
  3. wickerman

wickerman

Thanks Received:
    hands down my favorite is XBMC, even supports GPU accelerated HD decoding. Easy management of library for tv shows, movies, music, photos, etc, and the scrapers download all the episode content, covers, etc for you. Has a windows, linux, OSX, and linux-based liveCD client. Has built in addon manger so you can browse for new skins, streaming content, and so forth.

Really its the best software I've found for any HTPC build as it scales very well to match each level of hardware.

Live OR Die says thanks.
  4. Live OR Die

Live OR Die

Thanks Received:
    thanks wickerman ill try it out @ brandonwh64 yer i went for i3 with a onboard gpu it works really good i picked up a evga h55v to go along with it.

5. brandonwh64

brandonwh64 Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!

Thanks Received:
    Im running a ATI 4870 :) its alittle overkill for watching movies but it kicks ass at games when i need it

Crunching for Team TPU
  6. caleb

Thanks Received:
    +1 on XBMC.