1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

what to do with this card??

Discussion in 'NVIDIA' started by Darkgundam111, May 30, 2009.

1. Darkgundam111 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Well I had bought a BFG GeForce 6600GT OC card wayyyyy back in the day. And now i can't seem to get any info on it on the BFG website. It has died (dunno what happend, just doesn't work, blank screen), and I have no clue what to do with it since it does say it has lifetime warranty. Any ideas?
  2. neatfeatguy

Thanks Received:
    I know with EVGA, when you purchase a new card you have to register the card (send in the registration card in the box....not sure if they do this) online and provide proof of purchase (send a copy of your receipt).

If your EVGA card breaks - somehow, someway - EVGA will send you a replacement or the newest equivalent because you registered your card with them.

I'm not sure how BFG works with their warranty, but I'm guessing it has to be similar. So as long as you registered your purchase with them, they'll stick by with their warranty. For a replacement, you'd probably see something like the 9400GT or maybe 9500GT - but that's just my guess.
  3. Drizzt5

Drizzt5 New Member

Thanks Received:
    If it was xfx and you sent it back they'd give you a gtx295 because they are just that great.

Sometimes if you don't register in a certain amount of time after purchasing it then it has no warranty for EVGA. I am not really familiar with BFG.
  4. sneekypeet

sneekypeet Unpaid Babysitter Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I say go to BFG and register the card, then create a support ticket, and let that lead to an RMA number.
  5. Darkgundam111 New Member

Thanks Received:
    bigggggg problem if i have to register it. cuz when i go to the site, like i said, they have no info about the card whatsoever, meaning it doesn't recognize the id and stuff on the card. so yeah im just clueless as to what i should do wit it.
  6. sneekypeet

sneekypeet Unpaid Babysitter Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    so get in touch directly. Use emails, live support, whatever they offer other than the reg process. Explain the situation and wait, Im sure with a bit of patience someone will get to you with a solution.
  7. Darkgundam111 New Member

Thanks Received:
    ok, i'll try that on monday, since i believe thats when they are open to calls and stuff. will update on what happens.
  8. ap4lifetn New Member

Thanks Received:
    didn't they have a promotion where they would upgrade your old cards to the 8/9 series for a low price?
  9. 95Viper

95Viper

Thanks Received: