1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

What was the scariest game you have ever played?

Discussion in 'Games' started by PCpraiser100, Feb 1, 2009.

1. kyle2020 Guest

Its been nothing but good so far, plus I got it super cheap so I cant complain. Comfy too! :D
  2. DarkMatter New Member

Thanks Received:
    Half Life franchise never really scared me for the most part. Only, I think it was in Opposing Force, when you had to enter some really dark sewers or something like that. There were some big and powerful mosters there. Yeah that scene was scary, but other than that, nope. Intriguing, yes, like Ravenholm in HL2 and the scene you mentioned in Ep1, challenging to the senses, but not really scary IMO.

Half Life games have a very good atmosphere that doesn't pass unnoticed, but it's been always solitude what they have make me feel. And same with STALKER, I always felt solitude, and sadness for something I can't explain completely. Then again, that's the same feeling that real life ghost towns or cementeries have on me, even at night. Might be because I don't believe in the paranormal. Well I do believe in the possibility of existence of some paranormal forces, but I strongly believe they can/could be explained by science, maybe not just yet: there's so much we still don't know about the universe that I think it's possible in one way or another.
  3. AphexDreamer

AphexDreamer

Thanks Received:
    On that note, I came up with a Theory explaining Ghost scientifically. Let me put into perspective for ya first.

Lets say we have a 2D World with 2D Creatures living on it, they can't see beings in the 3'rd dimension because they can't comprehend the idea of an UP or down because they are not physically capable of doing such a move. Now here we come and invade there 2D land. We can move up and down through their world. Now whenever we move through their world they would only see us in 2D shapes like circles and squares and we would change shape as we move through. This would be very weird looking to the 2D creatures. More to that we can seemingly be in front of them move up on out into the 3'rd Dimension disappear (At least to them) and reappear some where behind them.

Now my Scientific theory is that Ghost are in fact Being's from the 4th Dimension. It explains everything so well. How it is the look transparent, their ability to disappear and reappear and go through walls. It makes since you know. And if string theory goes through and they do proof the existence of like 10 dimensions they I'm even more confident in it.
  4. DarkMatter New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yep that's exactly what I have always thought and was specifically thinking of that when I wrote that, string theory included. I wouldn't say that the string theory is proved though. I'm convinced of it already anyway. It does make sense and opens so many doors to all the things we can't really explain of our universe, like particles that teleport or "time-travel", or stelar corpses (galaxies for the most part) that are believed by some to travel faster than light speed (because of their apparent doppler) when that is impossible.

The simple idea that the time could have more than one dimension (and two and three) is thrilling too. And when it comes to ghosts: There's no doubt that each of us has a distinct energy footprint, which is created by our body and our brain, basically the sum of every interaction of our atoms. Who's to say that when we die and the atoms that formed us get spread in OUR TIME and OUR 3 dimensions, they get spread in other dimensions too? With such possibilities, science and religions can somehow go hand by hand.
  5. trt740

trt740

Thanks Received:
    I think gears of war is kinda scary .
  6. MadClown

MadClown New Member

Thanks Received:
    NY, the state were you cant defend yourself
    Big Rigs, always scared me how fast rigs can go in reverse.