1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

What's next for Treyarch and Call Of Duty?

Discussion in 'Games' started by HookeyStreet, Jul 29, 2011.

1. HookeyStreet

HookeyStreet Eat, sleep, game!

Thanks Received:
    As we all know, Treyarch handles the historic side of the CoD franchise whilst Infinity Ward/Sledgehammer cover modern warfare. If Activision stick to tradition, we should expect a new CoD from Treyarch next year.

I know they wouldn't talk about it much now (if at all) incase it takes some of the limelight off MW3, but has their been any leaks or rumours about what conflict it will be covering? Or can any of you historians think of a cool idea for the next installment?

2. WhiteLotus

WhiteLotus

Thanks Received:
    Hopefully there wont be a next.

3. xenocide

xenocide

Thanks Received:
    Odds are they will make a "Futuristic" CoD alongside Sledgehammer.

4. de.das.dude

de.das.dude Pro Indian Modder

Thanks Received:
    i liked the historyish parts more. it was more fun somehow.

5. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    If they keep going with CoD....

[​IMG]

I bet you read that in his voice too.

yogurt_21, purecain, Kursah and 3 others say thanks.
  6. Depth

Thanks Received:
    3 guys versus 600 russians and a leader who ends up shooting one of the said three guys as the game ends. Also a god awful vehicle section and some explosives.

Hating aside, I think a World War 1 game would be a nice change

Red_Machine says thanks.
  7. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    What sit in a trench and wait for them to reload their artillery? Then when it stops you rush across an open field into waiting maxim guns. Then run back and wait for the artillery to start again? By level 12 when no one can afford to shoot anymore you call a truce? :laugh:

Red_Machine says thanks.
  8. WhiteLotus

WhiteLotus

Thanks Received:
    Do you know what would REALLY be a change. A fucking American independence era CoD. You know with muskets and shit. Or hell, Spanish conquistadores era, or even just good old cow boys and Indians.

Now THAT would be different. THAT would be a change. But I guess no body thinks for themselves these days.

burtram and erixx say thanks.
  9. KieranD

KieranD

Thanks Received:
    Treyarch made all the spin offs, people just remember world at war and black ops but i remember the crappy PS2 games too!

Honestly i dont care if the make another game or not.

10. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    I remember CoD:UO. The best CoD ever made and it was by Treyarch......back when they were friends with IW. But WaW changed all that.

H82LUZ73 says thanks.
  11. Captain.Abrecan

Captain.Abrecan New Member

Thanks Received:
    COD will never die, there are too many addicts scrambling for the next release. They will never get bored with it.

12. Frick

Frick Fishfaced Nincompoop

Thanks Received:
    Sure it will. When it has been milked to death and replaced by something else. It won't happen this year though.

13. KieranD

KieranD

Thanks Received:
    Gray Matter Interactive was absorbed into Treyarch. Infinity Ward didn't some of the original team members leave?

Yeah United Offensive was pretty good.

I dont think COD will die either, its got a market and after all Activision is just there to make money so you would expect them to keep milking it till its dry. LOL thats what i was saying! If people get bored another franchise will pop up.

EDIT: Yeah well most of the non main games where made by different random developers.

14. HookeyStreet

HookeyStreet Eat, sleep, game!

Thanks Received:
    There was talk about a 'futuristic' style CoD a while back. But I was glad it wasn't to be released this year instead of MW3.

15. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Pretty much. But all they need to do now to "revive" the franchise is just replace the engine. When they do that all the nit wits will come running back.

16. DannibusX

DannibusX

Thanks Received:
    They're going to slap a Treyarch sticker on CoD4 and sell it again.

They're running out of actiony historical conflicts to base the game on. They could make a straight up Vietnam or Korea game I suppose.

17. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    A proper Vietnam or Korea game would be epic. Problem is most kids wouldn't be able to tell WW2 from Korea.

18. FreedomEclipse

FreedomEclipse ~Technological Technocrat~

Thanks Received:
    CoD:UO was a great game....I still have very fond memories of it. Some of the best games ive ever had were on CoD:UO and BF2.

No idea if they plan to come out with another CoD. but one thing im damn certain, Id rather gauge out my eyes with an electric cattle prod then buy another CoD game.

Even more so since they are being assholes again and removing dedicated server support for MW3. Activision took dedicated servers away, treyarch gave them back after everyone complained and whined about it. and now Activision are going to take them away again :roll:

Its amazing to see how far the franchise has declined. even MW1 wasnt even vaguely close to how epic classic CoD:UO was. But then again both of them are Console driven, they make a game with the console in mind first. but the console people dont know any better because they never got to play or experience the genius that is CoD:UO Unless they had it on PC.

Just let the franchise die already.

19. f22a4bandit

f22a4bandit

Thanks Received:
    A sad but very true statement. Kids these days don't give history a second thought (most of them at least), and would probably say "there was a war in Korea?!?!?!"

20. Shihabyooo

Shihabyooo

Thanks Received:
    What is Korea ? :confused:

If anyone knows a reason -no matter how stupid it is- why the idiots in Activision decided to nix dedicated server please enlighten me.

21. erixx

erixx

Thanks Received:
    there are so many ideas for more games waiting for realization, it is just sad

Or do a proper D-Day for the anglos (and others that like it) that actually is factual and immersion, not only the beaches and then some disconnected woods and old towns...

A French Resistance FPS Vive De Gaule!!!!
    A Spanish Civil War FPS No pasaran!!
    (there are strategy games already)

Or a stealth game based on the Cementery of Prague (Umberto Eco's novel)...

etc ...

22. Frick

Frick Fishfaced Nincompoop

Thanks Received:
    Totally agree. Humans have waged war for ages and ages, it's just pick a year and a place and at least for the past 500 years it's almost guaranteed there's been some totally "awesome" battles/wars held there.

23. H82LUZ73

H82LUZ73

Thanks Received:
    there fixed ....

PS
    cod went down the lets keep them coming crap after treyarch made cod3 for ps3,After that code red the big red one or as it was called the big steamy pile of .....Cod4 was the last good multiplayer .

nope they are going the way BF3 is right now and they will charge you a fee for it .....

Last edited: Jul 30, 2011
  24. FreedomEclipse

FreedomEclipse ~Technological Technocrat~

Thanks Received:

So BF3 is going to be subscription based???? where is the proof? Im going to cancel my pre-order if I have to buy a f**king time card every few weeks just to play the damn game

25. CDdude55

CDdude55 Crazy 4 TPU!!!

Thanks Received:
    There was once a time when the COD series was awesome, but i think as the series went more mainstream they let the quality slip. They realized that the series was worth so much that it didn't matter if they made significant changes or not, so they just started copy and pasted the same game over and over again with a number change in the title and finding that it works. Or at least that's my theory as to why i haven't been enjoying COD since after COD4:MW.

COD:UO was made my Gray Matter Interactive but they got merged into Treyarch cause Activision said so.

Before Black Ops Treyarch was always considered the ''crappier'' of the two COD makers, the series would fluctuate based on whether the game was made my IW or Treyarch. But then again, Treyarch only made spinoffs and not the main series, so it was sort of inevitable.