1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

whats the best Video editing Laptop?

Discussion in 'System Builder's Advice' started by Asus7950DCII, Jan 10, 2013.

1. Asus7950DCII New Member

Thanks Received:
    Budget doesnt matter but dont cross 4000$ (its not the budget but thats an Over KILL) name top 10 with reasons please this isnt for its for general Knowledge so i can help others and dont get any attenion... and my sister is in to this stuff ( shes 20 yr old ish)

i would like them to be chosen performance wise + reliablity wise

Thanks to all Who answer the question
  2. The Von Matrices

The Von Matrices

Thanks Received:
    Well, the questiion is how much you value portability. The most powerful "laptop" is one of the 17" desktop replacement notebooks with 6-core processors. But they are huge, weigh more than a small child, and cost more than a used car, so if you value portability at all then probably a 15" or 17" with a mobile quad core processor will work. I don't know what kind of video editing software you (or your sister) use, but that would affect the recommendation. Some video editing software can use GPU acceleration (Sony Vegas comes to mind) and csme can't. If you use software than can use a GPU, then you would want one in the laptop; otherwise, a powerful processor with integrated graphics would be fine. As far as reliability, I do not have any advice since I have no experience in the laptop market. I would also look toward the screen because if you edit HD video then you will want a screen that can display at HD resolution.
  3. Asus7950DCII New Member

Thanks Received:
    Sony Vegas & ADOBE PREMIER CS6
  4. Binge

Binge Overclocking Surrealism

Thanks Received:
  5. johnspack

johnspack

Thanks Received:
    A high end gaming or workstation laptop, that will run you 3k to 5k. And it's not made to run on batteries for long either......