1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

What's the best wireless keyboard?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by LoWRiDeR82, Aug 14, 2011.

1. LoWRiDeR82

Thanks Received:
    Hi guys,

I want to buy a new keyboard. I am looking strictly into wireless ones, and I want the very best in responsiveness/gaming among the wireless ones.

What are the suggestinons? ( i know wired is considered better but i'll sacrifice that milimilisecond for a cool wireless keyboard )

I only wish razer launched a wireless keyboard as they did with my Razer Mamba mouse!

2. Hockster

Hockster

Thanks Received:
    I've never had any issues with my Logitech KB's. I've had 3-4 over the years and other than batteries dying at the worst possible moment they've been fine. You might want to look at Bluetooth ones. They have a much better range.

3. brookechooke New Member

Thanks Received:
    Microsoft 5000

4. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    i <3 my dinovo edge, but its out of most gamers price ranges. not something you want to treat badly.

5. LordJummy

LordJummy New Member

Thanks Received:
    What's the point of using a wireless keyboard at the desk? The only time I use my wireless keyboards is if I'm at the TV in living room or bedroom. I can't use a non mechanical board at the computer. Although I do use a wireless mouse for every day work and such. The logitech performance mouse MX.

IF you need a wireless keyboard for gaming or something just go with a wireless Microsoft or Logitech board. Read the specs and know what you're buying.

6. Fourstaff

Fourstaff Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    He is probably looking for "consumer feedback" rather than what the manufacturers tell him. Keyboards can be very personal, but maybe less so compared to mice.

I have a very limited desk space, sometimes I need to move the keyboard away so that I have space to put my food, wireless keyboard makes this a lot simpler. But I cannot afford a wireless keyboard >:'(

7. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    less cables, for one. some people live with neat freaks, or are neat freaks. (sorry - "chaos impaired")

other than that i dont use it at the desk, its for my 40" TV in the living room. cordless but gaming grade is a huge bonus there.

8. LordJummy

LordJummy New Member

Thanks Received:
    I understand that, as I am a bit of a neat freak too. I try to use my wireless mice as much as possible when not gaming because the wires bother me running in between my monitors.

I just couldn't use a keyboard that isn't mechanical for my work. Switching to my wireless boards in the evening for watching movies or whatever feels like I'm typing on a toy.