1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

What's up with my microphone?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by hat, Dec 19, 2009.

1. hat

hat Maximum Overclocker

Thanks Received:
    I think my soundcard might be jacked up. Every once in a while people on vent complain that it sounds like I'm talking through a fan. If I click on listen to this device in the sound properties I can hear it too. This also happens with What U Hear when I try to record stuff so it's not the microphone, and it's not the modified drivers I'm using cause it does it with Creative's official drivers too.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  2. hat

hat Maximum Overclocker

Thanks Received:
    No ideas?
    Crunching for Team TPU
  3. Arrakis+9

Arrakis+9

Thanks Received:
    learned this the hard way... creative cards + recording = screaming

Really what i think it is is the drivers i've had similar probloms when i used to use vent/teamspeak while gaming in CS:S people would tell me all the time that my mic is messed up and i had to minmize and fiddle around with the settings in the recording options.. my best reccomendation, it might not be somthing that you want to hear, is to go to a realtek chip for audio or sigmatel, i havent had a problom using either of those two with the described problom your talking about.
    hat says thanks.