1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

whats wrong with my Hd4670 agp card?

Discussion in 'AMD / ATI' started by Master, Jan 12, 2010.

1. Master

Master

Thanks Received:
    hello guys , i bought this card almost a month ago , and couple of weeks ago i noticed that
    the whole enviroment in game is somekinda blured except objetcs in Space 1 meter radius around me which are vivid and in full detail (when i am kinda far from an object(e.g 2meters) at first its blured and has alittle detail , but when i approaches it and almost touch it it gets is full detail.
    at first i thought thats because of the 'draw distance' option which is in the games ( and shows the objects which are far from you in less details or even doesnt show them to you) , but i was wrong ! that has nothing to with them , because when i navigated to the Catalyst Control Center , the Anti-Aliasing Option, in windows 7 , there was this problem again , as you know in win7 there is a playing demo in Anti-Aliasing section which reflects the different setting the user chooses, i have the same problem there too.
    i have updated the card driver to 9.12 but no luck .
    the card vendor is Club3d .
    i dont know what to do , it really bothers me in alot of games !
  2. Fourstaff

Fourstaff Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I think its the Anisotropic Filtering (AF) that you should be bothered about rather than AA
    Master says thanks.
  3. HalfAHertz

HalfAHertz

Thanks Received:
    You know, a screenshot goeas a long way... ;)
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2010
    Master says thanks.
  4. Master

Master

Thanks Received:
    ok, i try to get a screenshot to show you what i mean , the reason i didnt post any screenShot is that at home i dont have any internet connection , and plus no game was installed .
    today i install a game and show you the pics afterward .
    before that could it be because of the malfunctioning card? or no thats a windows /driver related problem ?
    and oh by the way , i think after installing the newest hotfix for 9.12 catalyst driver for my card , its temperature in idea has increased compared to the former hotfix(9.11)! is it normal too with ati cards?
    thanks alot again.
  5. Master

Master

Thanks Received:
    i took some screenshots form Crysis Warhead .
    the game is set on Enthusiast . I lowered the resolution down to 1024* 768 and windowed to be able to take screenshot .
    in ATI Catalyst Center , i set the Anisotropic Filtering to 16 , and AI optimization to Advanced , i also set a option which was for transparent AA stuff to maximum quality !!
    the results are as below .
    ScreenShots Download link
    you can see ScreenShots online here :
    as you can see when im kinnda far from an object , the object is not shown , but when i approch more the object becomes visible and the more i approach , the more the object details develop !
    i think this issue was even worse when i had the 9.11 driver installed !
    anyway is there a way to disable the windows Xp driver verification feature ? because whenever i try to install either of hotfixes (9.11 or 9.12 ) , the installation ends with a yellow sign indicating the installation has not gone smoothly . When i take a look at log file , i see that the Display Driver was not installed , reason ? it says , the driver is not digitally signed !
    so how can i cope with this problem too ?
    thanks in advance
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2010
  6. Master

Master

Thanks Received:
    any help?:(
  7. werez

werez New Member

Thanks Received:
    The screens look pretty normal to me i can`t actually see any blur ... try not to set AA and AF from ATI CCC , and let the aplication decide for every game . Then go and make your own settings ingame . BTW are you sure that enthusiast is not too much for your Hd4670 , not to mention AA ? :) how many fps do you get 10-15 ? what you describe are just low framerates . The gpu can`t keep up with the game . Try lower resolutions / lower details .
    "When i take a look at log file , i see that the Display Driver was not installed" - i know that notification can be skipped by ignoring it ( don`t you get a continue anyway button? ) . Anyway make sure you uninstall the drivers before you install new ones .
    But like i previously said , you can`t play CRYSIS with the Hd4670 smoothly . Maybe , just maybe you will get like 25 fps on high details 1024x768 .
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2010
    Master says thanks.
  8. Master

Master

Thanks Received:
    thankyou very much . the reason i set to enthusiast was that , i wanted to make sure the game is set to show in maximum detail , why ? because as i showed you the pictures , i cant see some objects in full details! while im alittle bit far from them !and even worst some objects are not visible at all !
    i posted some pictures when i was underwater ! see at first there are 3 leaves ! but when i approach just a step! another one turns up! or in other pics which i showed you .
    its pretty obvious that some objects dont exist , but when i approach they get created!!
    is this a problem with the card? or driver ? or no its pretty natural ?

and the framerate yes its really low . i just set the settings that way to test , not for the actual gaming .
    and that continue button you mentioned , no , that popup window never shows up! i also changed the setting under the sign driver option , and chose to install those drivers anyway, but yet no luck .
  9. HalfAHertz

HalfAHertz

Thanks Received:
    I think you get this "pop-up" problem because the card just can't manage loading everything at those settings
    Master says thanks.
  10. slyfox2151

slyfox2151

Thanks Received:
    is there an option called LOD?
    Master says thanks.
  11. Master

Master

Thanks Received:
    i dont think so , i didnt see one .
  12. werez

werez New Member

Thanks Received:
    I don`t know ... you should format , make an OS clean install , install the latest drivers , and see if that works . Also try scanning the card for artifacts on stock clocks with Ati tray tools or something and see how that goes . If the card is not artifacting i don`t what defect it may have . Anyway , is the card on stock clocks or did you overclock it ? IF nothing works , just RMA the card .
  13. Master

Master

Thanks Received:
    i dont think so , because when i set the setting to minimum , the same issue still persists!
    i made a clean os install (xp sp3). and the card is in its stock clock . ok . when i get home i test the card with ati tools for any kind of artifacts .
    before that i sent an email to club3d support today for the driver update issue, no answer yet .

i dont remember the same problem with my beloved now dead Msi 6600 256 mb agp 8x card in crysis !

thank you every one for your time in helping me .