1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

What's your Diablo 3 fps?

Discussion in 'Games' started by niko084, May 16, 2012.

1. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    *looks at your specs*

uhhh... blame nvidia? *shrug*

2. enojy New Member

Thanks Received:
    That's really strange! Not sure what to say to help... I can't. When limiting my FPS to 60 (from ~110 average) in Diablo 3, I noticed a 10c drop in GPU temperature, down to 55c. This is an ATI card, though, which I do believe are known to run a little cooler than comparable nVidia GPUs.

I've heard a few things about Diablo 3 not being all that well-optimized for SLI/Crossfire setups; using one card almost exclusively with the other providing minimal benefit. Do you have any software that monitors the usage and statistics of the cards in tandem?

3. entropy13

entropy13

Thanks Received:
    It has nothing to do with SLI though since I stopped using two of them because of the weather over here. :laugh:

I'm underclocking the card almost near the minimum values possible in Afterburner. LOL

4. ZenZimZaliben

ZenZimZaliben

Thanks Received:
    For huge mobs my systems was slowing down... I found that if I turn off viewing Monster Hitpoints and stop showing damage it doesn't lag at all.

Mussels says thanks.
  5. enojy New Member

Thanks Received:
    Thanks for the suggestion. My performance was well enough, but I found that turning off damage numbers (sans critical strikes) and health bar hitpoints made this game a hell of a lot easier to visually trace, especially as a witch doctor (with DoTs and constant AoE damage going out.)

6. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    good tips, i'll try that on my laptop.

7. Melvis

Melvis

Thanks Received:
    Just installed this on my old rig (FX-57, 2x1GB DDR500, 9600GT) and it runs the game on max settings at a rez of 1680*1050 at around 40-60FPS. Not bad at all :)

Put the Shadow setting down to Medium for a bit smoother play.