1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

When are the new dual x16 crossfire boards out

Discussion in 'Motherboards & Memory' started by AsphyxiA, Jan 4, 2006.

1. AsphyxiA

AsphyxiA New Member

Thanks Received:
    as the title suggests when are these out? i want i want gimme!
    oh and also will it support rambus? just recently read that rambus sold some rights to AMD! is it too early to tell yet?
  2. TooFast New Member

Thanks Received:
    rambus? the boards will be out in mid Feb/06
  3. DanTheBanjoman SeƱor Moderator

Thanks Received:
    If the memory controller is on the CPU as is default for modern AMD CPU's I'd say no. Since the CPU won't support it. Perhaps Rambus (XDR) will be used with the new socket.
    Then again I'm not sure if it will be that great. We all remember what hapenend when Intel tried to force Rambus into home computers.
    Rambus was godly for those high end workstations/server before the P4 though, if Rambus prices are still as high as before AMD might just limited to Opterons. I guess we'll know in time. Unless I simply didn't do my homework and the plans are already public :)
  4. AsphyxiA

AsphyxiA New Member

Thanks Received:
    hey thanks should have relized that rambus was determined more by the chip rather than the mobo. oh well the ram i have already is killer so why even think about. anyway thanks for the input