1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

When will nVidia release new drivers?

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by hat, May 5, 2007.

1. hat

hat Maximum Overclocker

Thanks Received:
    I believe it is more than appropriate to use a big WTF!! here. As you can see, nVidia has not released new drivers for the GeForce 7 series and lower for quite some time, in fact, it's been 183 days since they last released new drivers (Excluding beta drivers) for the GeForce 7 and lower. In which case, it's been just over half a year since they last released drivers for GeForce 7 and lower.

This is sort of a let-down for me as I enjoy the occasional driver update. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong on my calculations.

Crunching for Team TPU 5 Million points folded for TPU
  2. newtekie1

newtekie1 Semi-Retired Folder

Thanks Received:
    I've been modding the 97 series drivers to work with my 7900GTs and 7600GT. Sometimes they work great, others it is a disaster(the inability to enable SLI is the biggest problem most of the time).

But yes, I am very pissed that us 7 series and lower users haven't seen an official release in over 6 months. It seems nVidia has just abandoned us, the 93 series drivers were extremely shitty too, which only adds to the pain.

Crunching for Team TPU 50 Million points folded for TPU
  3. hat

hat Maximum Overclocker

Thanks Received:
    I think we should all sign a petition using this thread and e-mail it to nVidia asking for new drivers :rockout:

Crunching for Team TPU 5 Million points folded for TPU
  4. anticlutch

anticlutch New Member

Thanks Received:
    ATI > nVidia in terms of drivers. I'm not entirely happy with their track record on updating the 8000 series either...

5. newtekie1

newtekie1 Semi-Retired Folder

Thanks Received:
    NVidia's driver department is probably going nuts right now with all the drivers they have to keep making, it isn't surprising that they are slipping in all areas, but it is insane to leave what is essentially your largest customer base without a driver update for over 6 months.

I'm never going to say I won't buy from either nVidia or ATI again though, both don't exactly have the greatest track record.

Maybe rushing their DX10 cards to the market wasn't the greatest idea, but they felt they needed to and they felt ATI wasn't far behind. Of course it turns out 6 months later that ATI was very far behind. On one side you have a company with the hardware out, but driver problems, and on the other you have a company that doesn't even have hardware out yet. IMO, NVidia released the hardware too early, but ATI is waiting way too long. I'm waiting to see the official first ATI driver release for DX10 hardware, I doubt it will be that good.

Crunching for Team TPU 50 Million points folded for TPU