1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Where can I buy screws?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Azn Tr14dZ, Jun 19, 2006.

1. Azn Tr14dZ New Member

Thanks Received:
    Where can I buy screws for hard drives, DVD drives, floppy drives, for PCI and stuff like that. I went to CompUSA and all they had were stand offs, no screws. I don't know what the screws are called myself. If any of you guys know where to get those kind of screws for computer, please tell me...:respect:

2. POGE

POGE New Member

Thanks Received:
    Lol, radioshack. :)

3. Azn Tr14dZ New Member

Thanks Received:
    Are you serious! Wow...2 min away from my house, never knew. I personally don't go there so yeah...I wouldn't know. Thanks POGE!

4. markkleb Guest

5. Azn Tr14dZ New Member

Thanks Received:
    I just saw them at Radio Shack online. It's walking distance from me. Fry's Electronics is like 30 minutes away. I still go there, but since they have em at RS, then I'll get em there.

6. strick94u

strick94u New Member

Thanks Received:
    have a super place to buy everything not far from me call altex electronics they are all over texas anyway I can get a set on the self there for 5 bucks has 10 of every screw you would ever need including fan screws and thumb screws for your case. you can order online too
    altex.com

7. Frogger

Frogger

Thanks Received:
    got a Jack Daniels bottle full of them I use it for a door stop i the work shop can't believe you have to BUY them why don't you try asking the tech at your local comp store he'll prob just give you some

8. Azn Tr14dZ New Member

Thanks Received:
    I did earlier at CompUSA. I said "do you have any of those screws for hard drives and PCI slots etc." He said yeah, but they're like $3. And they were sold out. The people at CompUSA here aren't friendly and are stupid.

9. OOTay

OOTay New Member

Thanks Received:
    i have to order all my parts online cuase my town doesnt have any comp shops and like well most wanna be ones like radio shack suck and i use to go to this great little hardware shop that had everything that you needed but the closed so, yeah the internet is my store lol...

10. Alec§taar New Member

Thanks Received:
    Someone who's going to find NewTekie1 and teach hi
    If you lived nearby? I have an excess of them over 15 years around hardware

See subject line, & if I ever sent you the box I keep them in via snailmails of ANY kind?

LOL, it'd cost (large)...

Hence, the subject line.

(SO, if any of you were nearby I'd let you pick them out as you needed them free of cost (not ALL though, but a good amount - they will probably never get used here is why!))

:(

On that note - anyone ever notice how screws tend to collect up? Plenty of extras!

:)

(Heh, anyway - The box I keep them all in? It weighs like a treasure chest, from probably 10 computers in that time of mine)...

APK