• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Where can i get schematic diagram for Asus M4A88TD-V evo/usb3 motherboard?

Should i forget about the diagrams and get a new mobo?

• Yes

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Just trying to fix a USB over current problem that is still plaguing my mobo. Any help?

Attachments

• 11 september 366.jpg
    11 september 366.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 515

brandonwh64

Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!
Unplug the front USB from the motherboard and try to boot it. If that works then your USB ports on the case are damaged

System Name Chaos
Processor Intel Core i5 4590K @ 4.0 GHz
Motherboard MSI Z97 MPower MAX AC
Cooling Arctic Cooling Freezer i30 + MX4
Memory 4x4 GB Kingston HyperX Beast 2400 GT/s CL11
Video Card(s) Palit GTX 1070 Dual @ stock
Storage 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD + 1 TB WD Green (Idle timer off) + 320 GB WD Blue
Display(s) Dell U2515H
Case Fractal Design Define R3
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair HX750 Platinum
Mouse CM Storm Recon
Keyboard CM Storm Quickfire Pro (MX Red)
Get the motherboard out of the case it's currently in, visually inspect all the USB ports on the board to see if there's a damaged/shorted one then test the system with the bare minimum of components (just the CPU+heatsink and one stick of RAM) and power it up to see if it's working.

If not, probably one of the internal USB hubs is screwed.

Make sure to check there isn't any metal debris stuck to the board shorting something out.

Finally, try with a different power supply.

If the motherboard is still erroring out (I see you reset the BIOS already), then chuck it and get a new one.

Get the motherboard out of the case it's currently in, visually inspect all the USB ports on the board to see if there's a damaged/shorted one then test the system with the bare minimum of components (just the CPU+heatsink and one stick of RAM) and power it up to see if it's working.

If not, probably one of the internal USB hubs is screwed.

Make sure to check there isn't any metal debris stuck to the board shorting something out.

Finally, try with a different power supply.

If the motherboard is still erroring out (I see you reset the BIOS already), then chuck it and get a new one.
Tried this too. Removing battery, BIOS reset , booting with min components, diff power supply, but still nothing.

brandonwh64

Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!
Have you taken a flash light and looked inside the motherboard USB ports to see if there is anything stuck in there or bent that could possibly be touching anything? Only other option I know is to check the USB controller on the board to see if its damaged or burnt.

McSteel ninja'd me LOL but yea that

Have you taken a flash light and looked inside the motherboard USB ports to see if there is anything stuck in there or bent that could possibly be touching anything? Only other option I know is to check the USB controller on the board to see if its damaged or burnt.

McSteel ninja'd me LOL but yea that
Did that. I even washed the mobo itself :D and even removed a USB 3 controller from the mobo(desoldered it), still it won't boot.

System Name Chaos
Processor Intel Core i5 4590K @ 4.0 GHz
Motherboard MSI Z97 MPower MAX AC
Cooling Arctic Cooling Freezer i30 + MX4
Memory 4x4 GB Kingston HyperX Beast 2400 GT/s CL11
Video Card(s) Palit GTX 1070 Dual @ stock
Storage 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD + 1 TB WD Green (Idle timer off) + 320 GB WD Blue
Display(s) Dell U2515H
Case Fractal Design Define R3
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair HX750 Platinum
Mouse CM Storm Recon
Keyboard CM Storm Quickfire Pro (MX Red)
Ah, then you're looking to get to the bottom of the issue out of a combination of curiosity and frustration.

I've been there, as I fiddle around with electronics as well... In this instance, I don't think it's worth it.

You're looking to find out where the OCP circuitry is and where it gets its cues from? AFAIK there should be something like the National Semi's LM3544 or a similar USB power splitter with built-in OCP tied to the BIOS chip's external data pin... I don't think the USB3 is triggering the OCP warning, which you basically proved by desoldering the controller (which itself offers OCP protection).

Not sure about that board exactly but you ain't gonna find a block diagram anywhere outside ASUS' in-house service premises... Just look at all the ICs on the board and look them up online, there's no easier way.

It's a 4-layer board, so tracing the connections will be tricky. Internal layers are the power and the ground plane anyway, data goes on top and bottom.

Ah, then you're looking to get to the bottom of the issue out of a combination of curiosity and frustration.

I've been there, as I fiddle around with electronics as well... In this instance, I don't think it's worth it.

You're looking to find out where the OCP circuitry is and where it gets its cues from? AFAIK there should be something like the National Semi's LM3544 or a similar USB power splitter with built-in OCP tied to the BIOS chip's external data pin... I don't think the USB3 is triggering the OCP warning, which you basically proved by desoldering the controller (which itself offers OCP protection).

Not sure about that board exactly but you ain't gonna find a block diagram anywhere outside ASUS' in-house service premises... Just look at all the ICs on the board and look them up online, there's no easier way.

It's a 4-layer board, so tracing the connections will be tricky. Internal layers are the power and the ground plane anyway, data goes on top and bottom.
Spot on. I am frustrated because am powerless hence the extremes. I will try your suggestion.