1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Where can I put my 360 Rad. in my soon to be New Case ??

Discussion in 'Cases, Modding & Electronics' started by DOM, Oct 15, 2007.

1. DOM

DOM

Thanks Received:
  2. panchoman

panchoman Sold my stars!

Thanks Received:
  3. DOM

DOM

Thanks Received:
    :confused: well that hold my rad.

4. DaMulta

DaMulta My stars went supernova

Thanks Received:
    Cut 3 120 holes at the bottom of the case.

5. DOM

DOM

Thanks Received:
    well it fit ? I know the psu is at the bottom, hmm... I guess im going to ask Darksaber how much space there is at the bottom or can you ask your friend :)

Dimensions (LxWxH): 415 x 135 x 46mm

6. DaMulta

Thanks Received:
    I forgot that it was on the bottom.

7. DaMulta

Thanks Received:
    I wonder if you could put it here somehow.

[​IMG]

8. DOM

DOM

Thanks Received:
    cuz I know the top has 2 X 120mm fans but I really dont want to cut anything and it has the wcing holes on the back

I think this is the one I need MCB-120â„¢Revision 2 "Radbox" radiator/fan housing

9. DrunkenMafia

Thanks Received:
    I very much doubt you will be able to mount a triple rad on the back of the case like that Dom. I would cover most of your pci slots and possibley your psu output... My bet would be either mounting it on top of the case on the outside or inside the top, it almost looks perfect for it.

10. DOM

DOM

Thanks Received:
    I guess im going to have to wait :( and see what I can come up with where to put it

11. t_ski

t_ski Former Staff

Thanks Received:
    I had a standard mis-tower atx case a while back that I rigged up something similar to a RadBox to hold a 3x120mm radiator on the back. It worked OK, but that case was only slightly bigger than the radiator lol

With this case you should have more room, plus with the radbox you are not limited toonly mounting the fan above the other fan - the radbox allows the assembly to mount off center from the back case fan IIRC.

Crunching for Team TPU
  12. mrw1986

mrw1986

Thanks Received:
    I'm mounting a 360mm rad using a RadBox...you won't have any problems. I'm getting the Gigabyte Aurora case, great case for liquid cooling.

13. DOM

DOM

Thanks Received:
    i'll see how the rad looks on the back I was looking at the Gigabyte Aurora but really dont like the way the front looks and its smaller then the Cooler Master Cosmos :ohwell: well be getting here tomorrow :D

14. t_ski

t_ski Former Staff

Thanks Received:
    I told DOM he needs to post pics of the build for all of us. Let's make sure he doesn't forget, eh? ;)

Crunching for Team TPU
  15. DOM

DOM

Thanks Received:
    I well got nothing better to do during the day but I still need to drain the coolant so it might just be the pics of the case lol still need to oder the Microcool Black MOSFET Chipsinks and sum MX-2 to put on the CPU, NB, GPU, SB also lap the CPU which im going to need some more sand paper :)

16. t_ski

t_ski Former Staff

Thanks Received:
    I might be able to help with that. PM sent ;)

Crunching for Team TPU
  17. DOM

DOM

Thanks Received:
    PM replyed ;)

18. Chewy

Chewy New Member

Thanks Received:
    I think you can stick a 360mm rad up to fairly easily.. Im doinf something similar but Im only using a 240mm rad.. wish aI had a thermalchill rad though..

well heres a couple links, http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1144567

well I had another link from Nicx forums where a guy put a thermalchill 240mm rad with 2 35mm fans inside his Silverstone tj09 case with a little modding..

I thinif you cut out that center bracket you will fit a 360mm rad , as could of with a little bit of overhang.

that top vent thing on the Cosmos can be taken off too so I think you could screw a 360mm rad snug to the roof of the case drilling some holes up top.. it will have a little bit of overhang but you can still force air trough the vents well enough.

I should be getting my case tomorrow :D The cosmos was to tall to fit under my desk so I went with this Silverstone.

edit: reading trough this thread more I see you said you didnt really want to cut the case, but do it! internal mounting is the way to go :p well for me maybe the rad outside will look sexier on that case and for you.. I want all my rads internally mounted Im getting a 120mm rad to go with the 240mm I got off LT-Lws (tpu member)... and Im going to have duel pump whic I have to find the best place to place each pump :S lol

I like internal mounting but the swiftech rad box loooks nice and is very easy to set up too. I like how it does not effect the case ventilation.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2007
  19. DOM

DOM

Thanks Received:
    yeah I know but if I cut I dont have the tools and which well cost more then the $20 for the rad box thing

but well see when I get it here tomorrow when you get are to :p post spme pics to ;)

20. Chewy

Chewy New Member

Thanks Received:
    I will make a thread.. I have a decent web cam maybe I can borrow one.

21. DOM

DOM

Thanks Received:
    It's here 44lbs. with it in the box :laugh:

22. Chewy

Chewy New Member

Thanks Received:
    I just got mine.. had to go to the depot to pick it up.. also my 120mm rear rad is not going to fit with the chipset/vreg optional fans because they stand up straight.. so maybe I should of went with a radbox and another 240mm rad.. or a 240-360mm Thermochill radiator lol which would be optimal. but ohwell.

Case is still in box but once I get it out and get a little more organized I will take a few pictures elc.

44lbs !? holy lol I thin mines like 28lbs with packaging. brb in a bit gotta help someone with something..

23. DOM

DOM

Thanks Received:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 20, 2007
  24. t_ski

t_ski Former Staff

Thanks Received:
    Looks good - time to start modding :D

Crunching for Team TPU
  25. Chewy

Chewy New Member

Thanks Received:
    heres my case inside.. I did some measuring and a 360mm rad would overhang about 1.5" off each side of my vent holes.. the middle bracket is between the fan is 1.3", yours looks about the same so yeah you could mount it internal just drill some holes up top to screw your rad to the case.. or you could drill/tap (make screw holes for screws) onto the side of the radiator so you can use that bracket that originally was for the case fans to mount the rad ;)

well heres my case, I have the 120mm rad sitting on the back thin Im going to drill some holes so my tubing stays within the case.. but I have a delima I prob wont be watercooling my 8800gts I am more than likely going to sell it since I want a black pbc card and the new 8800's are coming out. hopefully theses a black pbc 8800gt or the new gts...

[​IMG]