1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Where is this error message coming from? Anyone got a clue?

Discussion in 'General Software' started by Black Panther, Mar 21, 2010.

1. Black Panther

Black Panther Senior Moderatorâ„¢ Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    It happens as soon as I start up Firefox on my desktop pc.

I've been using the same tabs since like forever, so I don't think it's a problem with any of the sites?

The first tab is Wikipedia, the second one is dc-stats where I check my crunching achievements, the third is of a local online newspaper, the fourth is of a local blogger, 5th and 6th are GN and TPU, 7th is a Samsung review which tab I had on before the problem arose, same goes for the 9th tab which is from the Dell website which gave me no problems before, and the 8th tab is facebook. :confused:

[​IMG]
  2. TheLaughingMan

TheLaughingMan

Thanks Received:
    Most likely the clock on your computer is wrong. Make sure the clock is on the right date and time otherwise this will happen with every site because the certificate will appear to not be valid yet.
  3. newtekie1

newtekie1 Semi-Retired Folder

Thanks Received:
    I'm going to guess someone is hosting with GoDaddy, or has their security certificate through GoDaddy at least, and it has expired. Today is the 21st, and the cert expires on the 21st, so the date probably isn't wrong.

Which website is using a secure connection, AKA you have to log into it, I'm guessing it is the dc-stats one.
    Crunching for Team TPU More than 25k PPD
  4. Black Panther

Black Panther Senior Moderatorâ„¢ Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    @ TheLaughingMan - pc's clock always been correct.

What's even weirder is that today I started FF with exactly the same tabs and didn't get that error.

Wth?
  5. newtekie1

newtekie1 Semi-Retired Folder

Thanks Received:
    As I said, someone security cert expired, they've probably renewed it. And since dc-stats was the only tab that still seemed to be loading when you took the screen grab, I'd guess it was them.
    Black Panther and TheLaughingMan say thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU More than 25k PPD