1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Where to buy 7W EU Adapter and Cable for Nexus 7 (2013) (Original)

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by puma99dk|, May 8, 2014.

1. puma99dk|

puma99dk|

Thanks Received:
    is there anywhere in the UK, Germany or somewhere i can find a original Asus 7W EU Adapter plus cable for a Nexus 7 (2013) version?

since i purchased my tablet in the UK @ Amazon i received UK wallcharger and that has bugged me ever since and i could use a normal EU one, so don't need to share it with my phone.

Source: http://www.asus.com/Tablet_Mobile_Accessories/7W_Adapter_and_Cable_for_Nexus_7_2013/

So if anyone got a link, i would be happy for the help ^^

2. RCoon

RCoon Gaming Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Fleabay and Amazon might be your best bet. Just check wattage and amp correspondence and you're good to go.

puma99dk| says thanks.
  3. puma99dk|

puma99dk|

Thanks Received:
    as far as i know it doesn't matter if the charger is putting out 10amps when the device can only charge with about 1.35amp or that's what i got told on xda when i tried a 2amp charger for my LG Optimus G E975 it didn't charge faster with a 2amp then the original.

4. RCoon

RCoon Gaming Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I remember reading somewhere that certain chargers are not complaint with certain specs, so they essentially could catch on fire when plugged in for long periods of use. I also recall @Mussels did a review on various types of charger cables and wha charge output they could provide. I found it very useful.

http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/usb-phone-chargers-mussels-tests-some.191542/#post-2986728

5. puma99dk|

puma99dk|

Thanks Received:
    i use the original usb wire that came with my Nexus 7 2013 device and also for my phone since the original LG cable for my phone can't charge anymore only do data :(

6. Law-II

Law-II

Thanks Received:
    Hi

Look here [Not sure if this is still needed]
    Source - here

atb

Law-II

puma99dk| says thanks.
  7. puma99dk|

puma99dk|

Thanks Received:
    nice Law-II i was like looking why only a charger that looked like a universal laptop charger :laugh:

[​IMG]

but the original Nexus 7 2013 charger is there too, i think this is the pic that confused me the first time i looked that:clap:

but this site only ships to UK can't see it will ship to DK where i live :(

but i guess i need to ask my gf if she can send it to me if i get it delievered home to her ^^

Law-II says thanks.
  8. Law-II

Law-II

Thanks Received:
    Hi

Maybe look here [am unable to navigate the site]

http://eshop.asus.com/de-DE/

atb

Law-II

puma99dk| says thanks.
  9. puma99dk|

puma99dk|

Thanks Received:
    hmm they show a 10W charger while the one on the UK site is 7W but i guess either of them is fine, bcs Asus.dk lists both.

but i guess i will just ask my gf later if she will do this for me, easier then speaking german or asking Asus.dk bcs in my country the asus office don't know anything 99% of the time when u ask them:roll:

Law-II says thanks.