1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Where to buy OEM GPU fan only?

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by Ripsaw, Dec 10, 2004.

1. Ripsaw New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hey guys, the little factory installed fan on my PowerColor Radeon 9600 Pro card needs to be replaced. When the PC is started cold (like after sitting unused a few hours), the fan makes that squalling noise caused by I guess a problem with the cheap sleeve bearing they used. Does it about 15 seconds then quiets down and runs fine.

Where the can you find a direct replacement for the oem fan? All I can find is complete heat sink and fan combos, which all I really need is the fan. I've scoured the net (google searchs) to no avail.

10 Year Member at TPU
  2. ReconCX New Member

Thanks Received:
    contact the company that made it (powercolor) and tell them your fan is failing, ask them for a replacement policy. Most of the time, things this cheap they'll just send you a second one HSF no questions asked.. if not, ask them if you can buy one direct.

10 Year Member at TPU
  3. C&C Freak 2K New Member

Thanks Received:
    If not then splurge for better cooling. A Vantec Iceberq4 is $15 max.

10 Year Member at TPU
  4. Ripsaw New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, No luck with PowerCrap the company, so I'll likely get a 3rd party cooling solution. Probably get just the standard Iceberq CCB-A1A for $8.99, all I'll need since the GPU won't go past ~ 465mhz anyhow.

10 Year Member at TPU