1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Where to find pnp drivers since I have no internet at the moment

Discussion in 'General Software' started by theubersmurf, Jul 8, 2013.

1. theubersmurf

theubersmurf

Thanks Received:
    How do I get by? Mostly by taking my laptop to a coffee shop I like, but my desktop doesn't have any internet until the new WiMAX system our building has switched over to gets fully up and running, and I wanted to bail out on Comcast asap, so I need to find a way to manually download pnp drivers. Anyone know where this kind of thing might be found?

2. NdMk2o1o

NdMk2o1o

Thanks Received:
    I thought plug n play drivers are automatically installed with Windows and help it recognise devices such as USB ports and devices connected to them, PCI devices etc

3. theubersmurf

theubersmurf

Thanks Received:
    they do, but they are often downloaded via windows update, while some stuff is stored locally, others windows contacts windows update for. Those are the drivers I'm looking for.

4. NdMk2o1o

NdMk2o1o

Thanks Received:
    What drivers specifically? I suggest you invest in a usb flash drive and store your critical system drivers on it, failing that you can tether your mobile phone and use it's internet connection ( I have done this with a new Windows install after realising I didn't have LAN drivers) and if you cant do that, download the drivers straight from your phone then connect it via usb and copy them over. The hassles of not having an optical drive lol