1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

which 9800 pro bios for XT flash?

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by Chivalry, Oct 10, 2004.

1. Chivalry New Member

Thanks Received:
    hi.. sorry to bring this up as i see its been posted about numorous times already... but i tried flashing my bios and i got a message saying in flashing red letters in dos something about it not being able to flash or something.... i rememebr reading about being able to force a flash to take... but u must be absolutly sure that the Bios u use is compatible with your grpx card....
    I have a gecube 9800 pro 128 meg 256 bit with Samsung 425 K4D263238E-GC2A memory... which bios is suitable for this card? i was recomened the BBA (Built By) Radeon 9800 "XT" 128MB Samsung E-Die bios as this is meant to work well with my memory? but was just trying to varify that this is the best bios b4 i force the flash... sorry for another 9800 flash bios thread :)... nice friendly informative forums u got here though,, heh :p

2. Quazi New Member

Thanks Received:
    The E-Die bios didn't work for me. There's another bios for Samsung memory chips, try it. Also, I was flasing these 128MB 9800Pro's pretty regular at one time, for personal use and to re-sell on auction. I founf the Club3D 128MB 9800XT bios to work very well. If the card is BBA, then the Sapphire, ATI, and Club3D bios's works well. Good luck.

3. Chivalry New Member

Thanks Received:
    thnx for replying :) might sound a daft question... but what exsactly qualifies a card to be BBA? i know it mean built by Ati but is there diferent charecteristics of these cards to other manufacturers cards?... how would i know if mmine is BBA or not?

4. Chivalry New Member

Thanks Received:
    oh.. and quazi? just out of curiosity.... out of all the cards u flashed... what would u say the % of a bad flash are?? did u get many?? or none?....

5. Chivalry New Member

Thanks Received:
    anyone else? :0( just neeed a bit of advice so i dont kill my 9800 pro :)

6. Viper007Bond New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yes, you'll need to use the -f tag to force the write as it technically isn't the same BIOS. I just did this mod today in fact. :)

Make sure you backup your default BIOS though just in case. ;) AND DON'T REBOOT IF SOMETHING GOES WRONG!

7. Chivalry New Member

Thanks Received:
    just curious which bios u used in the end viper??? and what make ram is on your card? :)

8. Viper007Bond New Member

Thanks Received: