1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Which BF2142 unlocks did/will you choose and why?

Discussion in 'Games' started by W1zzard, Oct 23, 2006.

1. W1zzard

W1zzard Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I was wondering if anybody could comment on the different unlocks.

I took the grenades first, then the two run speed upgrades

2. hv43082

Thanks Received:
    I chose C4 and cloak device first. Always fun to sneak up on people and collect their dog tags! :p. Next the Special Ops tree plus grenade and running endurance.

3. W1zzard

Thanks Received:
    cloaking device works good?

4. tigger

tigger I'm the only one

Thanks Received:
    how do you collect dog tags?

ive got med revive tool,grenades and shotgun

5. Agility

Agility

Thanks Received:
    Ok how do you unlock? I can only get a dagger,gun,med for my assasult in single player. And my rank never promotes even after i get 40points. The map cycle just keeps on going on and on...

6. W1zzard

Thanks Received:
    kill someone with a knife and you automatically take his dog tag .. i once took out a whole reactor room of enemies with just a knife :)

7. Agility

Agility

Thanks Received:
    what do you do with the dog tag? sorry pure noob..

8. Boneface

Thanks Received:
    Dogtags are what u get when u knife someone...And i went with all the recon first..its a lethal combo...the unlocked guns for it are awesome and then u get demo packs and claymores and cloak..beleive me its what ive used most of the 20hr i played and it rocks...hey wizz whats your ingame name?...Mines Boneface69...and the cloaking device works good..i got taken out by a sniper once and switched to cloaking and move to a better position without him seeing my and took him out with 1shot

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 24, 2006
  9. W1zzard

Thanks Received:
    playername is W1zzard i'm playing only EU servers though

10. Boneface

Thanks Received:
    We play where ever we can find a ranked server anyway...lol

11. rh535

Thanks Received:
    How is the upgrade options? Is it worth the $50 to buy the game?

12. Boneface

Thanks Received:
    if u ask me yes it is worth it...i have a friend that swore he wasnt going to get the game then bought it and loves it

13. ktr

ktr

Thanks Received:
    this game is much better than bf2 and worth $50.

i have unlocked so far is the AVR and working my way to the voss.

14. hv43082

Thanks Received:
    It's OK. Cloaked while running creates a black shadow that is stand out on snowy maps. It's good to sneak up on vehicles though. To tell the truth, it gets me killed more often than not :laugh: .

15. W1zzard

Thanks Received:
    c4 seems to be very useful when trying to blow up reactor cores .. even if there is defense just storm into the room, place all your c4 while circling around the core, then blow yourself up at some point.

this works because everybody is looking at the entrance and is not ready to move a lot to adjust the aim. and once you are inside the room they are afraid of minus scores for friendly fire :D BOOM! you can take down a brand new reactor room in three good suicide runs

16. hv43082

Thanks Received:
    I think the game play is now more team oriented and more noob friendly. How, you asked. Well Titan will earn you more points than conquest. A Titan round can earn you over 100 pts (although it lasts longer than Conquest). Titan is team based and hence you need teamwork. While I enjoy such cooperation, I also hated it because a skilled player must play titan to get points instead of conquest. You don't get to showcase your skill as much. Next noob friendliness. The guns are especially noobie friendly. Just hold your machine gun while you are standing and walking and you are bound to kill someone. How is it that the recoil gets better the more you shoot??? :wtf: . The crosshair gets smaller and smaller the more you shoot. Are you kidding me? The concept of burst fire is diminished. Spray and pray is far more common now. Far less nades spamming. Good or bad??? For me personally I enjoyed BF2 more since skill players can make a difference.

17. ktr

ktr

Thanks Received:
    it gets better because...

1) momentum
    2) soldier starts steading the gun. (applies more muscle to it). think about shooting an lmg, the first shots will be crapy, but then you will tighten your muscles and then the accuracy increase.

but remember that the guns muntions is not really strong, and it does overheat in 1-2 seconds when it builds the best accuracy.

18. hv43082

Thanks Received:
    Yes, you can steady the muscle more after the first shot but after the 7,8,9, 10, etc shots of consecutive firing, the recoil should overwhelm your muscle steadiness. I've shot real gun before and it's like that. Most accurate shots are 2-5. Real guns do not overheat quickly like that. EA is compensating accuracy with overheating but in the wrong way. It should be less accuracy over time from auto firing mode and less overheating.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2006
  19. Agility

Agility

Thanks Received:
    I would go for assassult light machine gun. Its good.

20. ktr

ktr

Thanks Received:
    the voss is my next unlock!

so far (according to me and many bf2142 forums) the two weapons of unlock choice is the AVR an VOSS.

21. Slater Guest

It shouldnt get better because even though you tighten your muscles the barrel heats up and that changes the velocity of the bullets and can also alter their path of flight.

22. ktr

ktr

Thanks Received:
    also the liner bullet recoil should straigten out the gun...

23. Slater Guest

Depends, with an AR, yes the recoil is mostly linear but that wont make a heated barrel any more accurate. also, with an AK the recoil is very verticle.

24. 15th Warlock

15th Warlock

Thanks Received:
    My first unlock was the grenades, then a sprint booster, the EMP mine for engineer, the Herzog shotgun for assault and the squad leader beacon, I think I really messed up my unlocks for the first 5 hours of gameplay, as it seems new unlocks will be harder to come by :(

What I mean is that I just realized I really need to unlock the Koenig H-AVR rifle, it has way more firepower than the Engineer's default rocket launcher, but the unlock paths I've chosen has taken no where closer to unlocking this rifle :( Damn, if I had know better, I use the engineer kit most of the time :mad:

Maybe I'll delete my soldier and create a new one, I've only played for 5 hours anyway, do you guys know if I keep my BF2 veteran status if I delete my current soldier?

Crunching for Team TPU