1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Which case has better airflow and quality?

Discussion in 'Cases, Modding & Electronics' started by tuunade98, Jan 10, 2013.

1. tuunade98

Thanks Received:
  2. Melvis

Melvis

Thanks Received:
    My vote goes to the coolermaster ;)

tuunade98 says thanks.
  3. Jack1n

Thanks Received:
    Coolermaster.

tuunade98 says thanks.
  4. lilhasselhoffer

lilhasselhoffer

Thanks Received:
    I don't think you're asking the question that needs to be asked. Any case can have good or poor air flow. I've seen Phantom cases (huge, think full size ATX with room for eATX boards) that were overheating due to fan orientation problems, while uATX cases having similar components were acceptably warm.

Both of the cited cases are similar. For more internal space (I'm running off the assumption that cleaner wiring will likely offer you better air flow) and more fan positions, I'm going to give this to the Coolermaster.

Seriously though, cheaper cases don't have poor flow. Less thought out builds do.

tuunade98 says thanks.
  5. Sasqui

Sasqui

Thanks Received:
    Coolermaster

tuunade98 says thanks.
  6. Xenturion

Thanks Received:
    Quality-wise, they're probably about equal. I've built a rig in a CM HAF 912 and would definitely recommend it. Its design aesthetics aren't for everyone, though. I've used several NZXT chassis and wasn't disappointed with any of them, either.

Cooling-wise, they're probably about equal, likely with the HAF 912 edging the Guardian out simply because the 912 has a front fan pulling just through mesh where as the Guardian has a front fan behind a door/ventilated face-plate. In reality, so long as you're not putting anything insane in there, they'll perform similarly. (My definition of insane would be like, Quad GTX 480's on an X79 platform) The guardian does come with 3 fans instead of 2, which might be a consideration.

I'd just go with whichever you like best. You'll be happy with the results either way.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2013
    tuunade98 says thanks.
  7. RCoon

RCoon Gaming Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I believe i saw a review somewhere, and the Rosewill Thor V2 came out with insanely good temperatures. Not that i can seem to find them available in my country however.

tuunade98 says thanks.
  8. Mindweaver

Mindweaver Moderato®™ Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I've got 4 HAF 912 cases and for them to be a mid-tower they are huge, and have plenty of room. It's a great case and I would recommend it to anybody on a budget and wanted plenty of space for goody's and airflow. :toast: Oh and I recommend buying fans to go on the top as well. It doesn't come with the top fans.

I've got a "Storm Scout" case for my main gaming rig, because of the top handle. I've thought about replacing it with a HAF because the HAF has so much more room and I don't go to lan parties as much any more. :toast:

tuunade98 says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  9. tuunade98

Thanks Received:
    thanks for the help guys, one other question, may be a stupid one. How do i know if my motherboard will be compatible with this case? and how many connectors do each of the case fans have? because im not sure whether or not i have enough cables for the fans.

EDIT: i've got the OCZ 550w fatality psu by the way... and it comes with 5 peripheral cables. I use those cables to connect the fans right?