1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Which Cooler??

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by Diablic Ninja, Aug 17, 2005.

1. Diablic Ninja New Member

Thanks Received:
    What cooler is better?? The Thermaltake Sonic Tower 4-in-1 Heatpipe Cooler or the Thermaltake Tower112 Copper Heatpipe Cooler "CL-P0024"?? Go here for the 4-in-1 http://www.xoxide.com/thermaltake-sonic-tower-4-in-1-heatpipe-cooler.html here fo rthe second one http://www.xoxide.com/tower112.html Or this one Thermaltake Beetle CL-P0086 90mm Multi-Color LED Light Beetle 4 in 1 CPU Cooler w/LEDs + Heatpipes Find that at http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16835106057 Or the Zalman 7700Cu

Thanks
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2005
  2. zAAm

zAAm

Thanks Received:
    Personally I would go for the Zalman 7700Cu but that's just me. The other coolers are too big and heavy and stand out too for from the board putting additional strain on it... AND the Zalman provides excellent performance! ;)
  3. turbopsi New Member

Thanks Received:
    The 7700Cu is way better than those thermaltake coolers.

I hate those thermaltake heatpipe skyscraper things.. I bet if you set your case down too hard, half your motherboard will be ripped in half with one of those things mounted to it.
  4. rcdraft New Member

Thanks Received:
    One thing you should be aware of with the CNPS7700 is that it is VERY heavy, 918g, and may not fit all motherboards. I would check reviews on your cooler choices and if possible see them up close at a
    PC outlet. Here's one review for the Zalman CNPS7700 http://www.hardcoreware.net/reviews/review-253-1.htm
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2005
  5. nightelf84 Guest

Thermalright XP-90
  6. TeufelHund New Member

Thanks Received:
    Please for all the sake of all humanity do not but the thermaltake tower 112 im not trying to undermine thermaltake in any way but I purchased the thermaltake tower 112 a while ago and I still love it I found in my pc it cooled better than the zalman coolers!! however recently ive had to remove it and im looking to sell it cause not only has my motherboard bent slightly in the middle there is also a bulge by the cpu socket created by the special bracket though this is by tightening the bracket to much but if you dont the cooler is so heavy it will exert too much force on the one side of your chip or slide around!
  7. gR3iF

gR3iF New Member

Thanks Received:
    i love the sonic tower its made for a quiet and cool pc and i cant oc best with it i tried the zalmann the boxed :S and the best i could get was the big typhoon dont know why cools best i think
  8. TeufelHund New Member

Thanks Received:
    ah the best is just to go for watercooling it will probably outlast air cooling it just seems there are too many cpu heatsinks on the market all claiming to be good and it seems they are all good in certain areas and bad in others either too noisy or just doesnt cool that well
  9. wtf8269

wtf8269 New Member

Thanks Received:
    That or an XP-90C or XP-120. The best coolers around in my opinion.
  10. nightelf84 Guest

What socket will this cooler go on anyway? When you say which cooler is better, are you looking mainly at cooling performance, or other features as well? Noise levels? Argghhh.. thinking makes my head hurt..

I agree with wtf8269 when it comes to cpu coolers.. Thermalright XP-90/90C or XP-120 is in its own CLASS! Don't bother with thermaltake or zalman. If your worried about weight, then get the original XP-90. The copper version is superior only by 1-2 degrees from most reviews I've read. If your worried about noise, team it up with a panaflo fan.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2005
  11. Diablic Ninja New Member

Thanks Received:
    So what cooler is better the Thermalright XP-90C or the Thermalright XP-120?? Isn't pure copper better then nickel?? I don't know.

-Thanks
  12. wtf8269

wtf8269 New Member

Thanks Received:
  13. turbopsi New Member

Thanks Received:
    The 7000BCu isn't so bad, I would take a look at that as well. It fits most motherboards.

Keeps my cpu nice and cool at 2400mhz with 1.8v. 27c idle, and 40c load
  14. nightelf84 Guest

Excellent find. One has to also remember that the XP-120 equipped with a 120mm fan provides cooling to a large surface area of the motherboard thus cooling the RAM, MOFSETS, Chipset even :)