1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

which CPU should i buy?

Discussion in 'System Builder's Advice' started by El_Mayo, Apr 20, 2009.

1. chuck216

chuck216

Thanks Received:
    I'd personally go for the Phenom II 940, but then again I'm a little biased.

2. Jadawin

Jadawin

Thanks Received:
    I recommended the Phenom II 940, too - and I'm using an Intel Q6600. But I just built a machine for someone on a budget and it was AMD all the way, CPU, chipset on mainboard and a HD 4870. I have used ATI, Nvidia, Intel and AMD in my time and I never chose anything because of the manufacturer, but because of it's price/performance ratio. I earn my living using my knowledge, I literally can't afford to be biased.

3. n-ster

Thanks Received:
    He's buying with a friend that works at fujitsu :) oh and he wants a monitor... get the VH226H or equivalent :) (a bit pricy maybe lol)

Take Daren's recommendation but get the 940BE if it's only 10 pounds more o_O (how does that work?) and get a 4870 1gb instead... you'll be set for a very long time :) hopefully your friennd will make that cheap enough to get it under 400 pounds including monitor xD