1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Which duel pump water loop setup is best?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Chewy, Nov 30, 2007.

1. Chewy

Chewy New Member

Thanks Received:
    I have 2 configurations, which one would be better for a duel pump set-up?

A:
    [​IMG]

B:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

or should I do 2 separate loops? I have a t-line sitting around, also I have 3 90" angle fittings 2 are most likely going on the rear rad.

2. DaMulta

DaMulta My stars went supernova

Thanks Received:
    I like number 1

3. Bluefox1115

Thanks Received:
    why not do 1 pump for cpu/chipset, and the other pump for video cards since you have 2 pumps and 2 radiators? you could also do your HDD on the video card pump if you wanted to.. all depends on your temps and how you feel about them.. honestly i'd get the ram coolers too.. no matter what you do, you're gonna have a mess load of tubes.. :(

4. panchoman

panchoman Sold my stars!

Thanks Received:
    +1

5. Bluefox1115

Thanks Received:
    now that i look at it.. is there gonna be enough pushing power on the first pump in #1 to push the water from the res, to the pump, then to the cpu and UP to the rad then down to the next pump? a lot of loopage for 1 main pushing pump..

6. Chewy

Chewy New Member

Thanks Received:
    Now that Im awake and not so tired #1 does look the niceist.. I thought maybe #2 had the pumps more separated.

I thinktheres going to be enough power because the top pump pushes the fluid to the gpu block, rear rad, the res and than to the bottom pump. the bottom pump pushes up to the top rad than to... eh I would like my cpu after the big rad :p I'll try fixing/looking into it after work. gtg

7. panchoman

panchoman Sold my stars!

Thanks Received:
    Chewy says thanks.
  8. sneekypeet

sneekypeet Unpaid Babysitter Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I have to add my 2 pennies in here .....why not just opt to get another small res and run 2 seperate loops as suggested by Bluefox?

9. Chewy

Chewy New Member

Thanks Received:
    I been thinking about that, I plan on setting up something in Bios so that if my temp hits a certain degree my comp will turn itself off (incase a pump died). Im pretty sure its posible to do this in bios or another way! :p lol.

One thing is that the gpu would be on the rear rad and I think the rear fan would be taking most the heat coming off the backside elc of the card.. might not be enough heat to worry about when on water cooling.

Well heres the loop I just came up with with Tiggers help.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. panchoman

panchoman Sold my stars!

Thanks Received:
    while sneeky's suggestion is a good one, my problem is that one of the 2 will get a 120 rad and the other will get a 360 rad, whereas with the current setup, both of them would share a total of 480 rads you know. if he was to opt to get another rad as you said, it would just increase the cost, and thats unncessary i think, because if the cooling will suffice for chewy, then why should he buy another rad?

11. Chewy

Chewy New Member

Thanks Received:
    my bigger rad is a 240mm, perfect for cooling a quad core.

the 120mm might be enough to cool my gpu.. deff if it had a bigger fan on it but Im keeping my case quiet.. have a nocturna 48cfm fan on the rear rad.

12. panchoman

panchoman Sold my stars!

Thanks Received:
    i c, well chewy if you want to do seperatre loops, thats fine, though in my opinion i think one loop will be better..

13. Chewy

Chewy New Member

Thanks Received:
    naa Im doing 1 loop I dont think my 1 rear rad will be enough cooling for the gpu for my likeing (because of it exausting most of the heat off the card, sound card elc), and even than I would have to use my t-line for that loop or get another rad (more buying/time:p).

and oh no I just looked and I dont have my cpu after my 240mm rad.. back to the drawing board :p or do people think that my cpu will be ok like that?

14. Bluefox1115

Thanks Received:
    the more you have running through the same loop, the more heated water gets moved to other components after passing the CPU/GPU especially.. one more thing to think about.2 loops would be the ideal cooling.. 1 for cpu/chipset.. and another for gpu/hdd.. its all up to what you want though.

15. intel igent

intel igent New Member

Thanks Received:
    everything is equal in 1 loop so orientaition doesnt matter (maybe .5c deg diff, maybe)

2 loops would perform better but takes up more space.

it is BEST to use shortest, straightest runs of tubes while minimizing bends for best results.

16. Chewy

Chewy New Member

Thanks Received:
    How does this look for a duel loop? The T-line is a bit short it'll be about 9 inches long (should be enough.. ?).

[​IMG]

Heres a loop Tigger drew up for me. I was going to use this but having 2 loops will be easier for me to task since this is my 1st WC project.. wish I had a 5.25 bay res though.

[​IMG]

Splitting the loop into two will make it easier to change a video card elc too.. I just wish I had a second res instead of the T-line since I cant use the res up on the cpu loop, nowhere to put it.

17. Bluefox1115

Thanks Received:
    2 loops would be best as said before.. but.. your 2 loop design seams flawed in some way, cant put my finger on it.. just go steal a WC setup from COMPUSA. LMAO