1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Which Firewall To Select...?

Discussion in 'General Software' started by 7mm, Dec 24, 2007.

1. 7mm

7mm

Thanks Received:
    Hi There, I'm In a Confusion of Selecting Firewall. First Take a Look At My Setup...

AMD Athlon 64 X2 3600+
    ASUS M2NPV-MX (With nVidia GeForce 6150 Chipset)
    1GB + 512MB RAM

This Board Here, Comes With nVidia Active Armor Firewall, Which Installs It Self While Initial Setup. Never Heard of It So, I'd Like To Ask a Help For Suggesting a Firewall For My PC, Should I Go With nVidia Active Armor OR Some Popular Choices Like PC-Tools, Comodo & ZoneAlarm. Please Help!

2. theonetruewill New Member

Thanks Received:
    London - Close your eyes and you'll see me
    Zonealarm is great, so is Comodo. The Nvidia one is terrible.

3. francis511

francis511

Thanks Received:
    http://www.filehippo.com/download_comodo/

You can get free comodo at above link as well as some others, but they can really slow a system, even more than some antivirus suites. Really sure you want one ?

4. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    I like payware firewalls better like OUtpost Firewall as it can give you so much controll on what leaves the computer. How ever if your using XP 32bit version you could try Outpost 1.0 as it's freeware.

BUT if you want life to be really simple use Zonealarm or a like... Just to me they don't do all that much compared to Outpost Firewall. There is al so Tiny Firewall but i'm thinking that would be way to complex for you ( No offense intended ).

With Outpost Firewall 4.0 you can block ads of all sorts. Restrict content shown very good if you have kids. Just to name a few things it can do..
    http://www.agnitum.com/purchase/

Last edited: Dec 24, 2007
  5. 7mm

7mm

Thanks Received:
    Thanx For the Replies People, I'm Currently Using PC-Tools Firewall Plus (Freeware). Used Comodo Pro 2.4 Also. Zonealarm Had Been Excellent Experience To Me, But The Latest Version Just Bothering Me a Bit With Executing Demanded Programs After 10-15 Seconds. I'd Put Comodo Pro 2.4 & PC-Tools Plus Are Lighter Even On The 256 MB PC.