1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Which game to get for my PS3? BF3 or The Orange Box?

Discussion in 'Games' started by happita, Jul 6, 2012.

?

PS3: Battlefield 3 or The Orange Box?

1. Battlefield 3

6 vote(s)
    60.0%
  2. The Orange Box

2 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. Neither, get something else (explain)

2 vote(s)
    20.0%
  1. happita

happita

Thanks Received:
    My brother got a PS3 a few weeks ago. We have a few games, namely COD 4, Black Ops, World At War, Resident Evil 5, etc.
    I have played a few of the games, but noticed that in Black Ops you can actually go split-screen mode while doing online deathmatch, capture the flag, and other modes while playing with my brother.
    My biggest choice to make is whether or not to get BF3 or The Orange Box. This purchase is more for me than it is for him, but both of us are going to be playing it regardless. Do either of these games have the ability to do split-screen in online modes.
    I am leaning towards The Orange Box just because it is so much fun. Please help me decide!!

2. CaptainFailcon New Member

Thanks Received:
    TBH as much as I hate shooters on the console get BF3
    the orange box was a reallly shotty port

3. Darkleoco

Darkleoco

Thanks Received:
    BF3 all the way because it simply has more continuous entertainment value than the orange box.

CaptainFailcon says thanks.
  4. theonedub

theonedub habe fidem

Thanks Received:
    I think I have a copy of BF3 for the PS3 that I never ended up playing more than an hour or two of. I'll see if I can check whether or not you can do splitscreen online like in CoD.

You might want to check out StarHawk. I'm 99% sure you can do split screen online (the original game titled WarHawk let you do 4 player split screen online which was lots of fun years ago). If its even half as fun as the first its a great game. It also has tanks, infantry, and flying :D

happita says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  5. DannibusX

DannibusX

Thanks Received:
    I'd say The Orange Box, but Valve didn't do the PS3 port and from what I've heard it's really buggy.

BF3 all the way.

6. happita

happita

Thanks Received:
    Source: PlayStation 3 Version section on Wikipedia article on "The Orange Box"

The best opinion I can get is one from a person who actually has the game and can tell me about their experience with it. Also if it is able to do split-screen online modes in TF2 :D, which is the main reason for getting the entire Orange Box to begin with, I could care less about the other games bundled with it as I already have it for PC.

7. happita

happita

Thanks Received:
    Found out that neither of these games supports split-screen online, so I just went with everyone's suggestions and got myself some Battlefield 3. Game is pretty damn sweet. Thanks for helping guys.

edit: I can't close this thread, damn work computers. If a mod sees this, please close, thanks :)