1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Which one is better?

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by FaLKReN, Mar 27, 2013.

1. FaLKReN New Member

Thanks Received:
    Okay, this might be an odd question, but here it goes: I currently have an Intel i5 2500K, but I might upgrade that soon. Until then I'm thinking between these two cooling options: ARCTIC COOLING Freezer i30 and the CORSAIR Hydro Series H100. Now before the flame war starts, I realize that the H100 costs at least twice as much and they're not easily comparable. And yes my case can support both so that's not a problem either. I also realize that they're completely different.

So I quess the real question is this: Is it worth investing twice as much money into the H100, will it be that much better, or I should use the difference to buy something else? Or it doesn't matter how much I overclock the 2500K the i30 will be able to keep it on reasonable temperatures and I don't need a watercooling solution.

Thanks in advance :respect:

2. Sasqui

Sasqui

Thanks Received:
    It always matters!

I can't speak to either of those, but can say in general that a good water cooling system will generally get you tops 10% more overclock over really good aircooling but yea, it's fun and there's bragging rights, yadaa yadaa yadaa. Ignore my system specs, lol.

Welcome to TPU.

Aquinus and FaLKReN say thanks.
  3. FaLKReN New Member

Thanks Received:
    Within reasonable limits ofc, I like my system stable :) Basically I'm looking for a good solution, and these two seem to offer good cost/value in their categories.

4. Sasqui

Sasqui

Thanks Received:
    Stability is overrated! Joking. One joy of overclocking is finding that stable zone, the one right before that crash into a tree zone

5. FreedomEclipse

FreedomEclipse ~Technological Technocrat~

Thanks Received:
    IMO, its a waste of time going for the H100, go with something a little cheaper like an Antec 920 or a Corsair H80i,

I had 2500k setup with an Antec 920 literally until last week but I traded gear with another member here.

I had my 2500k running at 4.9Ghz@1.38v rockstable and temps rarely went above 60'c unless I was stress testing.

the 2500k isnt a very hot chip compared to SB-E or IB processors

FaLKReN says thanks.
  6. Cotton_Cup

Cotton_Cup

Thanks Received:
    well depends where you live. if it's cold there or if there are snow days or something. or if you live in a tropical area or the desert one. IMO if you can get the h100i get it (in a store in our country it's a few bucks cheaper don't know why).

7. FaLKReN New Member

Thanks Received:
    Great to hear that :) In my country there is like $15 between the H80i and the H100, which is not much and I'm willing to pay that, and I really trust Corsair products, so I quess I'll look for a review on both and decide from there. Thx for the answers.