1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

which security software is better

Discussion in 'General Software' started by skellattarr, Nov 30, 2008.

1. skellattarr

skellattarr

Thanks Received:
    I'm using avg 8 and zone alarm rite now but i can get CA security suit 2007 thrue timewarner for free i just want to know which is best

2. 95Viper

95Viper

Thanks Received:
    Yep I use ZoneAlarm, but am going to switch, 'cause their on-access scanning makes file operations slow and they don't seem to be addressing the issue. Have to leave it off and that defeats the purpose of it.

Been using COMODO on my 64 bit Vista and seems to work pretty good and it is free:http://www.comodo.com/

I tried CA one time and they didn't impress me, with the firewall, so I quit them.:)

3. mullered07

mullered07 New Member

Thanks Received:
    i used to love avg free and free zonealarm, now they have both gone to pot. both buggy, both slow and inept at doing what they are meant to.

atm i have comodo internet security and spybot s+d and windows defender, and they all seem to do a good job (have disabled comodo's system protection as the popups when installing a program can be somewhat bothersome) use little to none system resources (memory ;)) and seem to work rather well together.

4. niko084

niko084

Thanks Received:
    Personally for 99% of people Internet Security packages are useless..... More marketing then anything.

But if you want one that does its job and doesn't drag your computer into the dirt, Kaspersky and Nod32 work very well, on top of being 2 of the most respected.

5. m.oreilly New Member

Thanks Received:
    nod32 for av, mbam and superantispyware for the rest. oh, and a decent router w/firewall. i don't usually run an av, though from time to time i do those free online scans (eset online scanner/nod32). mbam has really save my @ss several times (for those hard to rid malware), and used together (one after the other, not both running real time) have become must-haves.

6. Boyfriend New Member

Thanks Received:
    I am using Kaspersky Internet Security 8.0.0.506. It is working fine and like charm. I don't ever suffer any virus problem. User education is most important thing irrespective of security software, as it is like ur first line of defense. Judge every file coming and going out of ur system. Don't let anyone anonymous to use ur computer.