1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

which the Best AMD processor that can match i7 3770K performance or beat it.

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by michael, Dec 7, 2013.

1. michael

michael

Thanks Received:
    May be I am. I just wanted to may system to run VMs and practice on it but in the process I thought of making best case in town atleast top 10 :)
    my case is not yet ready due to some sluggish delivery from ebay.com, here in India case mod stuff it is very costly and limited courier stuff is available.

I think my case would beat this case in LOOK.

Hi Guys, Thanks for your valuable replies. here in our state there is currently a Huge problem of high electric bills being generated to all consumers, so currently I am not thinking about any AMD processor which is high in power consumption.

Thanks a lot.

Please learn to post properly - Quadruple posts are untidy and pointless, if you want to add something, use the "Edit" button on an existing post, or use the "quote" button on any amount of posts you want to answer, then they will be condensed into one :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2014
  2. Dent1

Thanks Received:
    A single processor alone, would not contribute negatively to your electricity bill. A CPU is probably the most energy efficient appliance in your property.

3. studmark

Thanks Received:
    wtf r u for real <AMD processor which is high in power consumption.> um get rid of your washer and dryer 1 kilowatt =1000 watts any way not try to be rude or banned but......

4. Fourstaff

Fourstaff Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    You use either once every few days, and ~ an hour each time. Compare it to using your computer for a few hours a day it adds up. General rule of thumb will be about £0.5/wyr, so expect your electricity bill to be £25 more expensive a year if you are picking a 100w part compared to a 50w part. Not sure about other countries with cheaper power.

5. Dent1

Thanks Received:
    £25 a year wouldn't stop me from getting the component I want. If I'm video editor, and I can encode my files quicker I will earn back the money lost on annual power consumption in a day.

If I was ordering 100+ computers for an office, I can see how power consumption can be a game changer.

6. Fourstaff

Fourstaff Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    No it wouldn't, but if you consider the cost over the lifetime of the product, you may be able to get something more powerful and efficient and end up paying about the same (or slightly more). Its highly important in servers, I think desktop users should spare a thought or two too.

7. Durvelle27

Durvelle27

Thanks Received:
    Where were you when I sold my 8350 & motherboard

Crunching for Team TPU