1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

white screen

Discussion in 'ATITool Bug Reports' started by dirtydog, Dec 30, 2006.

1. dirtydog New Member

Thanks Received:
    i was folliwing your guide , and got up to find max core , it ran ok for about 5 mins , then little boxes started to apear as yellow arround the "carpet cube" , next thing , the screen went white , i left it for 20 mins , then restarted my pc as nothing was loading ect , now when i load my screen doesnt recognze the card , and i cnt even see the load up screen ,

im not a super tech guy , i bought a radion x1650 HIS , please someone tell me how to at least restore my card so its useable again , ty

2. technicks

technicks

Thanks Received:
    Hi. Sorry to hear that.

Did you watch the temperature while overclocking?

3. Steevo

Steevo

Thanks Received:
    The core was probably fried.

Another one bites the dust.....

10 Million points folded for TPU
  4. dirtydog New Member

Thanks Received:
    is there no way to hardware test it? i literally bought it 2 days ago , anyway i can send it back with out them knowing ? i have reciept + packaging

5. Steevo

Steevo

Thanks Received:
    No, you shouldn't send it back. That is unethical, as well as makes it harder on the rest of us.

I'm not trying to sound harsh here, but really unless you can afford to lose the hardware, or really know what you are doing OC'ing isn't for you. Many of us here have learned the hard way. I haven't yet, but give me time.

Your hardware test would be to pull it, put it into another machine, and see if it boots. Most likely won't. But ya never know. Or just try reseating it in your system, and check the cables.

Buy another one and be happy with what you have, or if you are willing to accept the loss, try again, but watch what happens, do a bit more research, and be ready to shut it down when the artifacts appear on the cube, the yellow bits. Then learn to either make a profile for the card for gaming, or flash it with a modded BIOS.

See, there is alot to learn about OC'ing one of these cards.

10 Million points folded for TPU
  6. pt

pt not a suicide-bomber

Thanks Received:
    just for curiosity, at wich speeds were you running it?

7. dirtydog New Member

Thanks Received:
    n idea about speeds, ok so m card works on my bros + dads comp, how do i remove what ever atitool put on my computer?

8. pt

pt not a suicide-bomber

Thanks Received:
    add/remove programs on control panel
    atitool hasn't put anything in your computer besides the programm

9. peach1971

peach1971 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I´d say, grab your bros or dads card.
    Maybe you can enter safe mode (pressing F8 repeatetly at start).
    It’s worth a try.
    Good luck!

10. Alcpone

Thanks Received:
    I bet your arse was going for abit lol

Tip of the day!

If you don't have a clue, try not to fuck about w/ things you seriously don't have the confidence or knolwedge to do!

;)

11. dirtydog New Member

Thanks Received:
    worked a charm , but i used onboard card for that , ty very much :D

yep your right , but i did fully read the quick start guide and it seemed so simple, so i thought id give it ago. obviously i thought wrong but thankfully no harm done.

ty for the help to the helpfull people, your legends , to the other guys "poking fun", grow up.

12. Alcpone

Thanks Received:
    Anyone who leaves their comp running w/ a white screen for 20 mins needs to grow up I would of thought!

;)

Last edited: Dec 31, 2006
  13. Demos_sav

Demos_sav New Member

Thanks Received:
    remove the ATI drivers from your system and re-install them. Now your card will be recognized and next time be more careful.;)

14. dirtydog New Member

Thanks Received:
    im actually really stupid lol , i have my ati hooked up to my projecter which was turned off , when i restarted the comp and my moniter came up with " no input" , thats coz for some reason it decided to change over to s-video lol, only found out after i re-installed xp (re-installed couple of days ago so not a prob really ) , refitted card , then restarted. still no input , switched on projecter to put a dvd on to relax and there was my desktop -.- lol.

but still thank you guys for your support. and for the speed it was given, sorry it was a waste of time over somethign that didnt happen, but as i said i dont know this stuff and stupidly thought it was easier then it is :x , might have to get out some of my old cards for testers in future ( after ALOT of reading first :p ), but again thanks a million, awsome advice = service.#########

how about anyone how leaves a white screen for 20 mins ,
    1. might be the reason theyre posting on this forum ?
    2.dont have a clue what theyre doing? ( which i already admitted multiple times ;)

i dont see why some of you come onto support topics to make yourselfs feel more "special" , but fine , you know sooo much more then me , im completly stupid for thinking that it would be as easy as i did , your a god at this stuff compared to me ect ect ....

############

just another note = does anyone know any decent sites ect as a kinda get started into overclocking ect? to be honest all i know about it is that u make stuff faster / better :S, any links would be awsome, ty.

15. pt

pt not a suicide-bomber

Thanks Received:

www.techpowerup.com

16. Alcpone

Thanks Received:
    LOL

Anyone who knows me knows I don't come on here to make myself feel special at all, if your going to tell me to grow up for giving you a tip then spitting your dummy out ofcourse i'm going to reply like that!

Your new to this forum so I don't know you from adam, you must earn one's respect i'm afraid lol

But anyway, as it's nearly new year let's not hold it against each other and you will get some good advice from this site, when I first posted I couldn't be arsed to give any advice at that point so that's my bad for taking piss I suppose!

Glad you sussed it out in the end, that's usually the way of finding stuff out, trial and error!

:cool:

17. Ketxxx

Ketxxx Heedless Psychic

Thanks Received:
    aww feel the love! group hug! :D

18. dirtydog New Member

Thanks Received:
    lol not a prob , i was just making a point ;) , and i didnt have much of a sense of humor then bearing in mind i thought id just fried £130 before even getting use from it :p, sorry for being a bit pissed off :p