1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Who is the youngest person

Discussion in 'General Nonsense' started by Corrosion, Apr 12, 2008.

1. Corrosion

Corrosion New Member

Thanks Received:
    To get throat cancer? ive been smoking for around 5 or 6 months now and i looked at troat cancer images online. and saw some symptoms. it kinda scared me cuz my vioce is horse today and i have a cloged nose and those were some of the symptoms, also when i swallow it feels like theres something in the back of my throat. do u thing i could get throat cancer this early?

2. beyond_amusia

beyond_amusia New Member

Thanks Received:
    Not unless you had advanced AIDs. Smoking will occasionally do that, espeacially if you are up all night puffin away. :p I suggest switching to Lights, and avoid Menthols... Menthols will kill you faster and they make you sick a lot.

Corrosion says thanks.
  3. Corrosion

Corrosion New Member

Thanks Received:
    I smoke marlboro reds i smoke like a pack every 3 or 4 days. i guess reds are one of the worst.

4. Dr. Spankenstein New Member

Thanks Received:
    Probably not cancer, yet!

But you body is trying to tell you that is working hard to keep that poison out of you (by creating mass amounts of protective mucous.)

They take people to the hospital for "smoke inhalation".

Quit while you're ahead. Big tobacco kills it's best customers!

Corrosion says thanks.
  5. Kreij

Kreij Senior Monkey Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Here is any easy way to find you. Don't smoke for a couple of days. If it goes away, you are good to go and should just stop smoking.
    If it is still there, it is probably just a minor virus or something else, but could be that the few months of smoking is going to cause you a horrific, painful death in which you beg for zombies to eat your flesh before it falls of your bones,

I smoke a pipe. If it worries you, quit.

Corrosion says thanks.
  6. Kreij

Thanks Received:
    Sorry, my last post was tongue in cheek and worthless.

There are children who get cancer at young ages for unknown reasons. There are also people who smoke all their lives and do not get cancer. The medical profession has no idea why, how or what to do about it. The cures are equally as bad as the affliction.

That being said, smoking may not shorten your life, but what it will do is reduce your quality of life. It probably does not show now, but as you get older your stamina will suffer and the things that you use to just do for fun will cuase you to stop and have to rest.
    Want to go up in the mountains where the air is thin? Smoking will make you look like an 80 year old.

It's not now, it's in 20 years when you will not be able to keep up with your children or granchildren that you will regret your desicion to smoke.

Quit ... Now.

Corrosion says thanks.
  7. Corrosion

Corrosion New Member

Thanks Received:
    ok thanks for the help, idk i was just getting nervous cuz i was looking at pictures on google and they grosed me out. k ill quit for a little bit and keep it posted.

8. GJSNeptune

GJSNeptune New Member

Thanks Received:
    Smoking hinders your immune system, so cold-like symptoms could be one of your dozens of colds every year. :D

If you're smoking Reds, you should probably get your will straightened out soon. No joke. :laugh:

Throat cancer is probably lower on your list of concerns. Look at pictures of smokers' lungs. Plus your fingernails are always yellow. You constantly REEK. Your face wrinkles. I hate being around smokers. Plenty of other ways to de-stress or look cool, no?

Corrosion says thanks.
  9. Kreij

Thanks Received:
    You have only been smoking for 6 months.
    Quit. It will only take about 3 weeks and you will break the habit.
    It is something you must want to do, not somthing someone else can tell you to do.
    If you do, you will not regret it.

Corrosion says thanks.
  10. Nitro-Max

Nitro-Max New Member

Thanks Received:
    Great Yarmouth, United Kingdom.{East Anglian Coast
    First of all you must acknowlege that smoking is never going to be good for you and you are infact killing yourself slowley by doing so you are gambleing with your life.

Alot of people think it only happens to others but that other could be you who knows?

Corrosion says thanks.
  11. Dr. Spankenstein New Member

Thanks Received:
    The mere fact that you created this thread show that you are concered AND are aware that this is not a positive thing to do to your body. That's a good thing. You haven't created that addiction that makes regular smokers grab a cig as they roll out of bed and continue until they turn in.

I can't be a hypocrite. I smoked for 18 years. But I realised what it was doing to me and gave it up. I will smoke the occasional pipe for enjoyment...

Like GJSNeptune said, find another means to unwind.

Corrosion says thanks.
  12. Corrosion

Corrosion New Member

Thanks Received:
    i know i need to find something else. i used to smoke bud but it costs to much and i dont wanna get into trouble. what other things could i do?

13. Nitro-Max

Nitro-Max New Member

Thanks Received:
    Great Yarmouth, United Kingdom.{East Anglian Coast
    If you've only been smoking for 5 or 6 months quit NOW!! its alot easier than say 2 years down the line and that 1 box every 2 or 3 days will turn into a box a day maybe more.

Corrosion says thanks.
  14. GJSNeptune

GJSNeptune New Member

Thanks Received:
    Tell us why you smoke, and what stresses you. We can help you find alternative, healthy ways to release.

I guarantee you will regret smoking when you're older. If you really need convincing, talk to an ICU nurse.

Corrosion says thanks.
  15. Imsobored152 New Member

Thanks Received:
    SMOKING IS BAD, but yeah, im a smoker too.
    I go for the worst poison, menthols. But I smoke the lights so its all good. lol yeah right

Best advice is to quite while your ahead. I've tried, and it didnt work. When I have kids I'll make the right decision to stop. I think that will be enough motivation to stop.

Find something that is important to you that you could loose because of smoking, cancer, emphazima(sp?) or whatever other disease, and use that as motivation. Get a squishy stress ball if your a stressful smoker. IF anything, switch to a pipe, its alittle safer than cigs, but just as addictive. just my .02

Corrosion says thanks.
  16. ShadowFold

ShadowFold New Member

Thanks Received:
    My dad had to try and quit 7 times before my grandma got lung cancer.. then he quit. Kinda sad how he had to get scared into stopping :ohwell: stop while you can man..

Corrosion says thanks.
  17. Corrosion

Corrosion New Member

Thanks Received:
    yeah i shall quit soon. i smoke alot when im on the phone or when im stressed. i dont know whatelse i could substitute for it though.

18. Thermopylae_480

Thermopylae_480 New Member

Thanks Received:
    The way the mutation that causes cancer from smoking works in an interesting way. You might smoke 1 cigarette and get cancer sometime in your life, or you could smoke 100 cigarettes for the rest of your life and never get cancer. Fun, fun. It's like a game of Russian roulette, only you don't get to know when the bullet hit you. Everyone should smoke for the adrenaline rush it gives you.

I personally don't smoke, but I think if you want to you should. I think the cigarette companies are wonderful, you get all this information about how bad tobacco products are for you from the time you can stand, how addicting they are and so forth. Yet people still start every day. Women are the fasting growing group of smokers too! Imagine, such good marketing. You have the perfect product, it kills you, and is addictive and everyone knows it. You get to sell your product and know you'll have customers for life, that is job security!

Last edited: Apr 12, 2008
    Corrosion says thanks.
  19. JC316

JC316 Knows what makes you tick

Thanks Received:
    Chew gum and keep a toothpick in your mouth, you are just doing it out of habit. It takes two weeks to form a habit and two weeks to break it, you just have to keep your willpower up.

I see the effect of smoking when I see my grandad, he smoked all of his life and now he can't go 20 feet without getting out of breath due to emphysema. It's horrible to hear him breath, he sounds like darth vader.

Corrosion and hat say thanks.
  20. Corrosion

Corrosion New Member

Thanks Received:
    OK, i quit smoking today. i was looking at the back of my throat in the mirror and saw some white dots. so im gonna wait i little bit and if it progresses ill go to doctor. and if they say i have cancer and they have to do sergery or whatever im gonna shoot myself. im not gonna live with that. idk if im being to paranoid but im just gonna stop smoking.

21. ShadowFold

ShadowFold New Member

Thanks Received:
    those dots are probly just mucous packets.

Corrosion says thanks.
  22. Corrosion

Corrosion New Member

Thanks Received:
    I have a sore throat too. idk...

23. ShadowFold

ShadowFold New Member

Thanks Received:
    Thats kinda what causes sore throats :p

Corrosion says thanks.
  24. hat

hat Maximum Overclocker

Thanks Received:
    QUIT. NAO.
    For the love of God, quit... my Grandfather smoked and developed bladder cancer, and the cancer got so bad his bladder hit his large intestine and fused, and then the cancer ran rampant through his digestive system. Taking a shit was horrendously painful, and he had a catheder that went straight into his bladder (at least it didn't go through his member) for the last year of his life. The last month or so, he had a colostomy bag. He had to go for dialysis every 2 days. One day he said fuck it and decided to die.

My mother had Asthma since she was 2, and has been smoking for 20 years. She developed COPD and Emphisyma. She recently took this Chantix stuff which helped her cut down a great deal. Eventually she will flat out quit, I hope.

Corrosion and JC316 say thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  25. Corrosion

Corrosion New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yeah bro i quit. i couldnt imagine taking a shit in pain. i take 2 craps a day.

JC316 says thanks.