1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Who'll be the better president?

Discussion in 'TPU Frontpage Polls' started by W1zzard, Oct 1, 2008.

?

Who'll be the better president?

Poll closed Oct 6, 2008.
  1. Barack Obama

1,290 vote(s)
    57.9%
  2. John McCain

333 vote(s)
    14.9%
  3. But I want George W. Bush

177 vote(s)
    7.9%
  4. Don't care

429 vote(s)
    19.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WarEagleAU

WarEagleAU Bird of Prey

Thanks Received:
    To be honest the whole thread should be closed. Ill admit it provides some nice info and entertainment but some folks are getting too carried away. Im really just not up for posting my thoughts in here if I have to verify them as :source:

2. SK-1

SK-1

Thanks Received:
    Amen I am glad it is over in 3 weeks.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D93QF82G0&show_article=1

WarEagleAU says thanks.
  3. das müffin mann

das müffin mann New Member

Thanks Received:
    how about we debate something else then?

oh i have one, what do you guys think about off shore drilling?
    no need to cite sources, and keep it civil
    just trying to move away from this acorn business

WarEagleAU says thanks.
  4. FordGT90Concept

FordGT90Concept "I go fast!1!11!1!"

Thanks Received:
    He wanted out four+ years ago. "Now" doesn't work when there is over 100,000 troops and equipment on the ground due to logistics. "16 months," is synonymous with "now" in military terms.

Powell and Bush made a case for the war (weapons of mass destruction) which Congress accepted. Bob Woodruff wrote a lot on all the failures of the Bush administration in regards to the Iraq war and it really shadows the failures of previous Presidents like Nixon where they tried to micromanage the war instead of letting the generals do their job. Let me put this in points:
    -With the intelligence we had in 2003, it was correct action to go into war.
    -In hindsight, knowing the intelligence was flawed, the war was most likely unecessary.
    -Bush mismanaged the war from when he declared "Mission Accomplished" in 2003 up until 2007 when the push for the surge began.
    -Bush did not take the advice of generals to heart; the same can be said of Nixon during Vietnam.
    -Wars like Iraq end when the existing government has been destroyed; however, whenever you unseat a government, you have to replace it with a new one which takes at least a decade.
    -The war officially ended when Bush did the whole "Mission Accomplished" apperance. Ever since, it has been a peace keeping and counter-insurgency operation.
    -We should never get completely "out" unless our relationship with Iraq goes south. There should always remain a small force to show we have vested interest in the area (see Germany, South Korea, Japan).
    -I trust McCain to take the advice of the generals and make appropriate decisions from that. By that, I mean the number of troops deployed and the amount of resources available in Iraq will be kept at appropriate levels for the conditions the Iraqi government requires to maintain stability.
    -I trust Congress to grant whatever is necesssary (within reason) to the comamnd-in-chief in order to achieve success.
    -Success is defined by the Iraqi government no longer relying on USA for anything major.

Eh? Right now, I don't think we have any sworn enemies except bin Laden's crowd. There is diplomatic hostilities with Iran and Venezuala but Iran's President has little public support and Chavez still gets most of his money from oil trade with USA. North Korea is being more cooperative, Russia has a big question mark on their head, and China is excited about trade with the West.

Yeah, lots of people weren't happy about the decision to invade Iraq but who ever is? War is ugly; no one likes it. Fight the little wars to prevent the big ones.

A "subsidiary" is owned/operated by a common leadership. An "affiliate" has no leadership ties but a common goal.

This is from a lawsuit filing against ACORN...

Actually, they are all toss up right now. Michigan also has had complaints which the McCain campaign has withdrawn campaigning from. These fraudulent votes could easily sway the states one way or another and in turn, sway who gets elected.

WarEagleAU says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  5. trt740

trt740

Thanks Received:
    okay I have had my fun and it has been fun good luck to you all. Make sure you vote I'm unsubscribing to this thread. Obama will give me heath care and I pay zero taxes because of how I retired. all the things I posted are because hes wrong for the country , but hes actually great for me personally. If he wins yaaa for me ,but in my opinion you fellas are gonna be very sorry come tax time. I won't either way. :D

Last edited: Oct 15, 2008
    WarEagleAU and Bigjohn say thanks.
  6. FordGT90Concept

Thanks Received:
    I don't have a problem with it. I mean, we're going to tap those resources sooner or later so, why not?

Crunching for Team TPU
  7. das müffin mann

das müffin mann New Member

Thanks Received:
    hell yeah i'd tap those resources

sorry i felt compelled to say that

WarEagleAU says thanks.
  8. SK-1

SK-1

Thanks Received:
    I'd tap that:rockout:

WarEagleAU says thanks.
  9. TUngsten

TUngsten

Thanks Received:
    The funny thing with all the ACORN issues is that we only know about them because ACORN employees are required by law to report any inconsistencies they notice, yet also required to submit all voter registrations they collect.

Hence, the "Mickey Mouse" reg form was flagged by an ACORN employee. These issues weren't "uncovered" by some covert Republican voter fraud taskforce, they are just using info that ACORN has itself provided in accordance with the law.

here's a link from a UK source for those who can't agree on what US sources are biased...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/cifamerica/2008/oct/13/election-acorn-voter-fraud

"Here are the facts. Acorn verifies the legitimacy of every registration its canvassers collect. If they can't authenticate the registration, or it's incomplete or questionable in other ways, they flag that form as problematic ("fraudulent", "incomplete", et cetera). They then hand in all registration forms, even the problematic ones, to elections officials, as they are required to do by law. In almost every case where you've heard about fraud by Acorn, it's because Acorn itself notified officials about the fraud that's been perpetrated on them by rogue canvassers. Most officials who run to the media screaming "Acorn is committing fraud" know all of the above but don't bother to share those facts with the media they've run to. None of this is about voter fraud. None of it. Where any fraud has occurred, it's voter registration fraud and has resulted in exactly zero fraudulent votes."

DaedalusHelios says thanks.
  10. FordGT90Concept

Thanks Received:
    Then why was it that county auditors were the ones rejecting some 2100 ACORN submitted fraudulent registration (same handwriting on all of them) forms? ACORN can say one thing and do something else entirely. Perhaps they are lacking on QA. Regardless, they either need to put a stop to it or they need to disappear.

Crunching for Team TPU
  11. TUngsten

TUngsten

Thanks Received:
  12. ckoons1

Thanks Received:
    of course use the oil while looking for a future fuel replacement. that's why it's there. to be used

13. FordGT90Concept

Thanks Received:
    From CNN:

Crunching for Team TPU
  14. Bigjohn

Bigjohn

Thanks Received:
    Proves a hell of a lot in OHIO where the democratic party enabled this "register and vote on the same day" early voting scheme -- without requiring ID!! Obama and Acorn trying to steal OHIO and any other state they can through this type of crap.

Love this video.

Gerbles was spot on when he said "control the media, and the children, and you control the nation for generations..."

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2008
    WarEagleAU says thanks.
  15. Bigjohn

Bigjohn

Thanks Received:
    They don't. In states that do not require voter identification, then, well, ACORN just regiters anyone they want... as often as they want!

16. Hayder_Master

Hayder_Master

Thanks Received:
    im from iraq and my vote go to obama
    and by the way guys i see here people here talk about iraq , if anyone need real information about iraq im ready any time , and if anyone think the iraq is suck or all people there are bad please ask me and im explain anything , im not here to troll, im just want to show hidden fact's cover's with lie's
    thanx a lot tpu member's

17. DaedalusHelios

DaedalusHelios

Thanks Received:
    You are a good man. You are the bright future of Iraq. I think people like you deserve your country back. :)

Hayder_Master says thanks.
  18. Hayder_Master

Hayder_Master

Thanks Received:
    thanx my friend you are the better man, and i don't want only my country back , only we need is peace , peace can give as time to develop iraq and our self , we just want to like other Europe country's or maybe like America , we are country of money but no one have the money

19. mdm-adph

mdm-adph New Member

Thanks Received:
    Wow, so many questions -- Sunni or Shia? Do you like Saudi Arabia or Iran better?

Since we're all tired of talking about the US election, might as well talk about this.

20. mdm-adph

mdm-adph New Member

Thanks Received:
    Okay, just this once, since the question was asked nicely:

Well, first of all, I don't really see how you see me as a "super Obama supporter" or anything -- yeah, I've been sticking up for him in this thread, but mostly just because he seems to be the current target (it's amazing just how little talk of McCain has gone on here -- apparently there's very little to talk about with him).

Though, your original question -- how are they even remotely alike?

Well, they're both fairly unusual men as far as "normal" politicians are concerned, eh? Ron Paul -- quasi-libertarian, a true-Republican -- couldn't be more different from the rest of the current Republican party in the US if he tried. His sudden upswell of support among those of the "Internet" generation shows good things as far as how Libertarian principles are thought of by that group of young people.

And Obama -- well, he's a half-black/half-white child of a broken marriage who's managed to bring himself up to the position of potentially being the President of the US. You have to admit seeing his picture in the big line of "Famous Portraits of US Presidents" would be rather striking, right? :laugh:

I admit that politically, the two men probably couldn't be more different, but then again the role of the US President has often been seen (or at least, should be seen) as one whose job is to protect the US Constitution rather than be a source of legislative action. When the President is trying to create laws from the White House, there's a problem.

In that respect, I think that either man could protect the constitution just as well as the other -- Obama, with his background in constitutional law and his time spent as a lawyer, and Ron Paul with his solid Libertarians principles.

EDIT: Oh yeah -- both men are also very much against the US invading Iraq. Forgot about that one.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2008
  21. Bigjohn

Bigjohn

Thanks Received:
    God bless you and those of you in your country who want peace.

But Obama would pack up the coaliition troops and leave you all to your own, to fight Al Qaida alone. To fight the war-lords... alone.

At least John McCain has the courage to tell the american people that, even though it's NOT POPULAR, it's still important to help Iraq get their country back on it's feet.

Obama was against the "surge", as we call it here - the recent actions to root out insurgents in Iraq... but now he must admit that it worked. Iraq grows safer and more stable every day, thanks in great part to people like you. And of course thanks to our brave American men and women who are risking their lives voluntarily over there.

22. mdm-adph

mdm-adph New Member

Thanks Received:
    It's so nice of you to ignore the fact that this is now what the Iraqi people apparently want (troops out in 16 months).

Though, it'd be nice to hear what hayder.master has to say about it.

23. Bigjohn

Bigjohn

Thanks Received:
    Oh, and lets' not forget -- Obama is all about universal health care...
    How's that working out in the UK, you ask? Well, to Obama, it's just GREAT!

But is it?

24. mdm-adph

mdm-adph New Member

Thanks Received:
    OMG UR RIGHT

There must be people climbing over one another trying to get to the US to experience their wonderful health care system.

Wait a sec -- there's not.

DaedalusHelios and WhiteLotus say thanks.
  25. SK-1

SK-1

Thanks Received:
    No wait another sec, they are...http://www.worldnetdaily.com/?pageId=77536