• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Who's buying Batman:AA or Resident Evil 5 this week?

shevanel

I've been waiting anxiously for the BM:AA release.. I'm sure to pick it up.

The RE:5 looks interesting but have not seen much about the game to be intrigued to buy it.

I cannot wait until I can play the full version of BM:AA, I anxious to see the physics they have added that the console versions will not include. I am looking forward to sneeking around enemies and setting up distractions and traps to lure them around so I can pick them off 1 by 1 .. that 3 hook grappling gun is sure to be a blast too!

Oh and not to mention the superb graphics! I must have played the demo 15 times or more.

So who's getting what this week?

System Name Jaffakeik
Processor I9 12900K
Motherboard MSI Pro B660M-A WIFI DDR4
Cooling Arctic Liquid Freezer II High Performance CPU Water cooler- 240mm
Memory Corsair Vengeance LPX Black 32GB (2x16GB) 3600
Video Card(s) 7900XTX gigabyte OC edition
Storage WD Black SN770 1TB SSD M.2 2280 NVME x2
Display(s) TV LG C2
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2 Full Tower Case Tempered
Audio Device(s) Mother board + Sennhiser HD650+ Elgato wave xlr + shure SM7B
Power Supply EVGA 1600w G+
Mouse Glorious Model 0
Keyboard Corsair RBG mini K65 + Steelseries Apex150
Software Windows 11
Benchmark Scores over 9000
i have preodered RE5

System Name Ultraman
Processor Intel core i9 13900HK
Motherboard Alienware/Dell inverted motherboard
Cooling Alienware/Dell cooling solution + IETS GT500 cooling pad
Memory Alienware/Dell 32GB 6000mhz DDR5
Video Card(s) Nvidia RTX4080 12GB
Storage 1TB Dell supplied NVME + Samsung Evo 1TB NVME
Display(s) AOC Gaming CU34G3S/BK
Case Alienware X16
Audio Device(s) onboard/Speakers: Logitech G560
Power Supply Alienware/Dell battery + 330W charger
Mouse Microsoft Pro Intellimouse - White
Keyboard Ducky One2 SF White MX cherry Red
Software Windows 11
Processor Intel Core 2 Duo E7200 3.40GHz (400x8.5)
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P Rev 1.1
Cooling Xigmatek HDT-S1283
Memory 2x Crucial Ballistix DDR2 2GB 4:5 @ 500MHz 5-5-5-15
Video Card(s) Asus GTX 560Ti 1GB TOP Edition
Storage Crucial M4 128GB SSD + WD Black 500GB WD5001AALS
Display(s) Samsung P2370HD @ 1920x1080 60Hz
Case Antec 300
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster Live! 24-bit w/ Creative Inspire T6060 5.1 200W
Power Supply CoolerMaster Silent Pro Gold 600w
Software Windows 7 Professional Edition SP1 64-bit
im disappointed with batman, its just another game that provides the batman experience of using his gadgets. I feel that its only out due to the success of the movie last year, so why couldnt they have tried harder with an actual movie-driven storyline? Joker manages to get away in arkham asylum..oooh (not). Yet again the joker just seems like a comical evil-doer..not the psycho he is in the movie.

What would have been better is an open Gotham City (something like Crackdown / GTA style) movie like sequences occurring (the main storyline that batman has to investigate ... along the lines of fahrenheit; you make your own choices and the game pans out to different storylines) and side missions like busting drug operations etc. more chance of character development for everyone in the game. this way you can drive around / grapple anything you want and go detective mode anywhere to foil crimes that are about to occur or in the process of occuring.

Bear in mind, ive played the demo and assuming the full game will just follow that same pattern..so yeah, i wont be getting it lol

PS - res evil 5 looks good tho!!!

Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5950x, Ryzen 9 5980HX
Motherboard MSI X570 Tomahawk
Cooling Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 4(With Noctua Fans)
Memory 32Gb Crucial 3600 Ballistix
Video Card(s) Gigabyte RTX 3080, Asus 6800M
Storage Adata SX8200 1TB NVME/WD Black 1TB NVME
Display(s) Dell 27 Inch 165Hz
Case Phanteks P500A
Audio Device(s) IFI Zen Dac/JDS Labs Atom+/SMSL Amp+Rivers Audio
Power Supply Corsair RM850x
Mouse Logitech G502 SE Hero
Keyboard Corsair K70 RGB Mk.2
VR HMD Samsung Odyssey Plus
Software Windows 10
I heard that if you pirate batman, batman falls down in flames or something like that while playing, is that true

lol

System Name Jaffakeik
Processor I9 12900K
Display(s) TV LG C2
Mouse Glorious Model 0
Software Windows 11
System Name Ultraman
Processor Intel core i9 13900HK
Motherboard Alienware/Dell inverted motherboard
Cooling Alienware/Dell cooling solution + IETS GT500 cooling pad
Memory Alienware/Dell 32GB 6000mhz DDR5
Video Card(s) Nvidia RTX4080 12GB
Storage 1TB Dell supplied NVME + Samsung Evo 1TB NVME
Display(s) AOC Gaming CU34G3S/BK
Case Alienware X16
Audio Device(s) onboard/Speakers: Logitech G560
Power Supply Alienware/Dell battery + 330W charger
Mouse Microsoft Pro Intellimouse - White
Keyboard Ducky One2 SF White MX cherry Red
Software Windows 11
Of course I do :), almost for 2years :D
off-topic:
what part of northampton do you live?? i've lived in northampton my whole life and please accept my steam id friend invite :D

Processor Intel E8400 @ 3.6ghz (1.25v)
Motherboard Evga 680i SLI
Cooling ASUS Arctic Square
Memory 4GB GSKILL PI Black (2x2GB) 4-4-4-12 @ 1.8v
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 275 Superclocked
Storage WD 320GB (B3 revision)/WD 160GB
Display(s) Acer X241W
Power Supply PC Power and Cooling Silencer 750w
Software Windows 7 Ultimate x64
I'm getting Batman: Arkham Asylum. Bought a new card a while ago, so it came with the free download of the game. :D

When I played the demo, it seemed like a great game. Even though some people say "the storyline isn't as good as it should of been", the demo to me shows that they sure did a good job of polishing the game around the current storyline and events.

I heard that if you pirate batman, batman falls down in flames or something like that while playing, is that true

lol

I read about that on Fudzilla with an article they posted the other day. It's something like a room of poison gas, but still pretty funny.

HookeyStreet

Eat, sleep, game!
im disappointed with batman, its just another game that provides the batman experience of using his gadgets. I feel that its only out due to the success of the movie last year, so why couldnt they have tried harder with an actual movie-driven storyline? Joker manages to get away in arkham asylum..oooh (not). Yet again the joker just seems like a comical evil-doer..not the psycho he is in the movie.

What would have been better is an open Gotham City (something like Crackdown / GTA style) movie like sequences occurring (the main storyline that batman has to investigate ... along the lines of fahrenheit; you make your own choices and the game pans out to different storylines) and side missions like busting drug operations etc. more chance of character development for everyone in the game. this way you can drive around / grapple anything you want and go detective mode anywhere to foil crimes that are about to occur or in the process of occuring.

Bear in mind, ive played the demo and assuming the full game will just follow that same pattern..so yeah, i wont be getting it lol

Batman: Arkham Asylum is one of the best games of the year! You should never judge a game just by a demo ;)

System Name Bones Beast
Processor Intel Core i7 4770k@4.5ghz
Motherboard ASROCK Extreme 3 Z87
Cooling Corsair H100 4x120mm fans!
Memory 2x4gigs Corsair Vengance 2400mhz
Video Card(s) XFX R9 290 @1151/1350/Corsair H55
Storage Samsung 120gig 840/OCZ Vector 120gig SSD/500gig SG/320
Display(s) Samsung S27A950D 27in 3D 120hz monitor
Case NZXT S340
Audio Device(s) Asus Zonar d1/Z506 Speakers
Power Supply Coolermaster GX750watt PSU
Software Windows 10 64bit
I played the demo for BMAA and liked it alot so will be getting it, Itll do till MW2 comes out lol

newtekie1

Semi-Retired Folder
Processor Intel Core i7 10850K@5.2GHz
Motherboard AsRock Z470 Taichi
Cooling Corsair H115i Pro w/ Noctua NF-A14 Fans
Memory 32GB DDR4-3600
Video Card(s) RTX 2070 Super
Storage 500GB SX8200 Pro + 8TB with 1TB SSD Cache
Display(s) Acer Nitro VG280K 4K 28"
Case Fractal Design Define S
Audio Device(s) Onboard is good enough for me
Power Supply eVGA SuperNOVA 1000w G3
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
I'll get Batman because the demo was really fun, hopefully the whole game is like that.

I'll be pirating RE5, since I wasted my money on RE4, and it was more fun going outside and playing with rocks than it was playing RE4...

System Name Jaffakeik
Processor I9 12900K
Display(s) TV LG C2
Mouse Glorious Model 0
Software Windows 11
off-topic:
what part of northampton do you live?? i've lived in northampton my whole life and please accept my steam id friend invite :D

Town center.

System Name The Dove Box Rev 3.0
Processor i7 8700k @ 4.7GHz
Motherboard Asus Maximus X APEX
Cooling Custom water loop
Memory 16GB 3600 MHz DDR4
Video Card(s) 2x MSI 780 Ti's in SLI
Storage 500GB Samsung 850 PCIe SSD, 4TB
Display(s) 27" Asus 144Hz
Case Enermax Fulmo GT
Audio Device(s) ON BOARD FTW
Power Supply Corsair 1200W
Keyboard Logitech G510
Software Win 10 64x
I got a free download of Batman, gonna dl on the 15th from NZone. Should be pretty sweet with teh Physx :p

shevanel

I'll get Batman because the demo was really fun, hopefully the whole game is like that.

I'll be pirating RE5, since I wasted my money on RE4, and it was more fun going outside and playing with rocks than it was playing RE4...

1+

Processor AMD Threadripper 3970x
Motherboard Asus Prime TRX40-Pro
Cooling Custom loop
Memory GSkil Ripjaws 8x32GB DDR4-3600
Video Card(s) Nvidia RTX 3090 TI
Display(s) Alienware AW3420DW
Case Thermaltake Tower 900
Power Supply Corsair HX1200

yeah..because movie-based games are always the best huh? :sarcasm: :slap:

shevanel

Was watching The Dark Knight your first impression of the jokeR? The joker IS a "comical evil-doer" !! This game is going to be sweet.. Ive already played a few bits n pieces on 360 and it was badass. Batman/Joker are comic book characters by default, remember?

joinmeindeath417

System Name SINNAH
Processor AMD Phenom II x4 955 3.8ghz AIR
Motherboard ASUS M4A79XTD EVO
Cooling 3 fans of MADNESS
Memory 4GB ADATA XPG DDR3 1600G
Video Card(s) ATI 4890 1GB GDDR5 memory
Storage 500gb SATAII
Display(s) 23" 1080p Acer H233Hbmid
Case Antec Three Hundred
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply OCZ StealthXStream / 600W / Active PFC
Software Windows 7 Professional 64bit

Clearly you aren't a batman fan, and if you are you definitely aren't when it came to the comics, they wanted to strictly follow the comic books and not the movies, IMHO i liked the comics far more than the movies, i do like the movies too, this game is amazing i got all the riddles challenges and what not on the PS3 version, i know the PC version should be better.

I

InTeL-iNsIdE

I will be getting both, been looking forward to RE5 for about a year and Batman AA since I played the demo :toast:

Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5950x, Ryzen 9 5980HX
Motherboard MSI X570 Tomahawk
Cooling Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 4(With Noctua Fans)
Memory 32Gb Crucial 3600 Ballistix
Video Card(s) Gigabyte RTX 3080, Asus 6800M
Storage Adata SX8200 1TB NVME/WD Black 1TB NVME
Display(s) Dell 27 Inch 165Hz
Case Phanteks P500A
Audio Device(s) IFI Zen Dac/JDS Labs Atom+/SMSL Amp+Rivers Audio
Power Supply Corsair RM850x
Mouse Logitech G502 SE Hero
Keyboard Corsair K70 RGB Mk.2
VR HMD Samsung Odyssey Plus
Software Windows 10
I'm getting Batman: Arkham Asylum. Bought a new card a while ago, so it came with the free download of the game. :D

When I played the demo, it seemed like a great game. Even though some people say "the storyline isn't as good as it should of been", the demo to me shows that they sure did a good job of polishing the game around the current storyline and events.

I read about that on Fudzilla with an article they posted the other day. It's something like a room of poison gas, but still pretty funny.

Its funny, but seriously, I hear that games after HALO 3 OSDT are going to use a brand new copy protection system kind of like static CD Keys from a friend of mine who works for microsoft in texas.

shevanel

just spent 2 hours trying to find a copy. walmart sold out, target has all the new releases except BM:AA... gamestop sucks for PC gamers..

System Name Jaffakeik
Processor I9 12900K
Display(s) TV LG C2
Mouse Glorious Model 0
Software Windows 11
I will receve my copy of RE5 tomorrow or after tomorrow latest.

newtekie1

Semi-Retired Folder
Memory 32GB DDR4-3600
I know it is a little off topic, but I have to say I commend the makers of Batman:AA for that little copy protection hook. I actually like copy protections like this, ones that don't affect the legit consumer in any way. Another example is earthbound, that would make the game harder if it was pirated, and then freeze on the last boss and delete all your game saves. It is things like this that I thing probably work the best.

Though with the Batman hook, a new crack that gets around it will likely make it onto the internet fairly quickly, if it hasn't already.

just spent 2 hours trying to find a copy. walmart sold out, target has all the new releases except BM:AA... gamestop sucks for PC gamers..

I usually buy my new releases from Amazon. It beats driving around town all day trying to find a copy, and they are usually cheaper too. And I swear they send out pre-ordered games early, because every time I've done it, I've recieved it on either the day it was released, or the day after.:rockout:

I'm still in the process of beating ProtoType, so I think I'll wait on Batman:AA until I finish that. Hopefully the price drops a little by then.

newtekie1

Semi-Retired Folder
Memory 32GB DDR4-3600
what do you mean by the copyright protection hook?

The copy protection hook in the article Squirrely posted.

Basically, there is a part in the game where you are above a gas chamber filled with gas. You are supposed to glide over the gas. But they put a copy protection hook in the game that makes batman fall into the gas if you are using a pirated copy. So you can't get past that part if you have a pirated copy.