1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Who's buying Batman:AA or Resident Evil 5 this week?

Discussion in 'Games' started by shevanel, Sep 13, 2009.

1. shevanel

shevanel New Member

Thanks Received:
    I've been waiting anxiously for the BM:AA release.. I'm sure to pick it up.

The RE:5 looks interesting but have not seen much about the game to be intrigued to buy it.

I cannot wait until I can play the full version of BM:AA, I anxious to see the physics they have added that the console versions will not include. I am looking forward to sneeking around enemies and setting up distractions and traps to lure them around so I can pick them off 1 by 1 .. that 3 hook grappling gun is sure to be a blast too!

Oh and not to mention the superb graphics! I must have played the demo 15 times or more.

So who's getting what this week?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Jaffakeik

Jaffakeik

Thanks Received:
    i have preodered RE5

3. kurosagi01

kurosagi01

Thanks Received:
    wow arciks you live in northampton D:

4. choppy

choppy

Thanks Received:
    im disappointed with batman, its just another game that provides the batman experience of using his gadgets. I feel that its only out due to the success of the movie last year, so why couldnt they have tried harder with an actual movie-driven storyline? Joker manages to get away in arkham asylum..oooh (not). Yet again the joker just seems like a comical evil-doer..not the psycho he is in the movie.

What would have been better is an open Gotham City (something like Crackdown / GTA style) movie like sequences occurring (the main storyline that batman has to investigate ... along the lines of fahrenheit; you make your own choices and the game pans out to different storylines) and side missions like busting drug operations etc. more chance of character development for everyone in the game. this way you can drive around / grapple anything you want and go detective mode anywhere to foil crimes that are about to occur or in the process of occuring.

Bear in mind, ive played the demo and assuming the full game will just follow that same pattern..so yeah, i wont be getting it lol

PS - res evil 5 looks good tho!!!

5. KainXS

KainXS

Thanks Received:
    I heard that if you pirate batman, batman falls down in flames or something like that while playing, is that true

lol

6. Jaffakeik

Jaffakeik

Thanks Received:
    Of course I do :), almost for 2years :D

7. kurosagi01

kurosagi01

Thanks Received:
    off-topic:
    what part of northampton do you live?? i've lived in northampton my whole life and please accept my steam id friend invite :D

8. Squirrely

Squirrely

Thanks Received:
    I'm getting Batman: Arkham Asylum. Bought a new card a while ago, so it came with the free download of the game. :D

When I played the demo, it seemed like a great game. Even though some people say "the storyline isn't as good as it should of been", the demo to me shows that they sure did a good job of polishing the game around the current storyline and events.

I read about that on Fudzilla with an article they posted the other day. It's something like a room of poison gas, but still pretty funny.

9. HookeyStreet

HookeyStreet Eat, sleep, game!

Thanks Received:
    Batman: Arkham Asylum is one of the best games of the year! You should never judge a game just by a demo ;)

10. Boneface

Thanks Received:
    I played the demo for BMAA and liked it alot so will be getting it, Itll do till MW2 comes out lol

11. newtekie1

newtekie1 Semi-Retired Folder

Thanks Received:
    I'll get Batman because the demo was really fun, hopefully the whole game is like that.

I'll be pirating RE5, since I wasted my money on RE4, and it was more fun going outside and playing with rocks than it was playing RE4...

Crunching for Team TPU 50 Million points folded for TPU
  12. Jaffakeik

Jaffakeik

Thanks Received:
    Town center.

13. mlee49

mlee49

Thanks Received:
    I got a free download of Batman, gonna dl on the 15th from NZone. Should be pretty sweet with teh Physx :p

14. shevanel

shevanel New Member

Thanks Received:
    1+

15. enzolt

Thanks Received:
    yeah..because movie-based games are always the best huh? :sarcasm: :slap:

16. shevanel

shevanel New Member

Thanks Received:

Was watching The Dark Knight your first impression of the jokeR? The joker IS a "comical evil-doer" !! This game is going to be sweet.. Ive already played a few bits n pieces on 360 and it was badass. Batman/Joker are comic book characters by default, remember?

17. joinmeindeath417

joinmeindeath417 New Member

Thanks Received:

Clearly you aren't a batman fan, and if you are you definitely aren't when it came to the comics, they wanted to strictly follow the comic books and not the movies, IMHO i liked the comics far more than the movies, i do like the movies too, this game is amazing i got all the riddles challenges and what not on the PS3 version, i know the PC version should be better.

18. InTeL-iNsIdE Guest

I will be getting both, been looking forward to RE5 for about a year and Batman AA since I played the demo :toast:

19. KainXS

KainXS

Thanks Received:
    Its funny, but seriously, I hear that games after HALO 3 OSDT are going to use a brand new copy protection system kind of like static CD Keys from a friend of mine who works for microsoft in texas.

20. shevanel

shevanel New Member

Thanks Received:
    just spent 2 hours trying to find a copy. walmart sold out, target has all the new releases except BM:AA... gamestop sucks for PC gamers..

21. Jaffakeik

Jaffakeik

Thanks Received:
    I will receve my copy of RE5 tomorrow or after tomorrow latest.

22. newtekie1

Thanks Received:
    I know it is a little off topic, but I have to say I commend the makers of Batman:AA for that little copy protection hook. I actually like copy protections like this, ones that don't affect the legit consumer in any way. Another example is earthbound, that would make the game harder if it was pirated, and then freeze on the last boss and delete all your game saves. It is things like this that I thing probably work the best.

Though with the Batman hook, a new crack that gets around it will likely make it onto the internet fairly quickly, if it hasn't already.

I usually buy my new releases from Amazon. It beats driving around town all day trying to find a copy, and they are usually cheaper too. And I swear they send out pre-ordered games early, because every time I've done it, I've recieved it on either the day it was released, or the day after.:rockout:

I'm still in the process of beating ProtoType, so I think I'll wait on Batman:AA until I finish that. Hopefully the price drops a little by then.

23. shevanel

shevanel New Member

Thanks Received:
    what do you mean by the copyright protection hook?

24. newtekie1

Thanks Received:
    The copy protection hook in the article Squirrely posted.

Basically, there is a part in the game where you are above a gas chamber filled with gas. You are supposed to glide over the gas. But they put a copy protection hook in the game that makes batman fall into the gas if you are using a pirated copy. So you can't get past that part if you have a pirated copy.

25. shevanel

shevanel New Member

Thanks Received:
    hahaha sweet. i thought he was just kiddin!1