1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Who's downloaded the Windows 8.1 preview update?

Discussion in 'General Software' started by NdMk2o1o, Jun 26, 2013.

1. NdMk2o1o

NdMk2o1o

Thanks Received:
    For some reason the installer says the update is not applicable to your computer? (Win 8 Pro x64) anyone else try this what was released today?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/download-preview

EDIT: It appears the error is because the download is named Windows8-RT-KB2849636-x64 so looks like it's only for ARM based RT Windows 8 versions even though there's nothing suggesting that on the actual download page, so where's the x86 8.1 update people?
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2013
  2. Ahhzz

Ahhzz

Thanks Received:
    hahaha from what I'm seeing, it looks like all they did was make a button that puts the Start Screen back up :) Real productive....
    Mindweaver says thanks.
  3. Mindweaver

Mindweaver Moderato®™ Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Nice! lol but yea I'm thinking about downloading it to see if I like it. I've only got one machine running 8 right now, and I've not used it in about 3 months.. I like 8, but it just get's old.. I mean the so called app's store isn't very good.. and there's not a lot of content. Over the holiday I plain to install 8.1. :toast:
    Crunching for Team TPU
  4. Compgeke

Compgeke

Thanks Received:
    I have, a few days ago actually via MSDN. There are a few other changes such as "My Computer" is now "This PC" and merges all the "Library" folders on top of your drives (fucking annoying). They also did away with WinSAT. Feels a lot faster as well.

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2013
  5. Derek12

Thanks Received:
    I also had the Update not applicable BS and I got the ISO, but I would lost all programs and only backup my documenst, I will wait to the final version and if it makes me reinstall then it can wait.
    And after some $&·$"$ now I get this
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 28, 2013