1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Why are Canada prices less than US prices?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by vawrvawerawe, Nov 13, 2012.

1. vawrvawerawe

Thanks Received:
    Depends on where you live. There are almost no mexicans where I live. There are a lot of asians though. There are probably less than 1% mexicans here, and I can't remember the last time I saw a mexican. Mexicans live closer to the Mexico border; but in the north USA bordering canada there are almost no mexicans.

There are also very few black people in this city. I think there might be 1 black person in my church, and it's a big church. But I don't think I've met them.

There will always be racial disparities and racial profiling.

Moreover, you might not realize, but in the USA, if you enter the emergency room, it is required by law that you are treated, even if you cannot show any proof of your ability to pay. Moreover, healthcare bills cannot legally affect your credit rating or go on your credit report; and also, if you can prove you don't have the money to pay your medical bills, especially directly relating to an illness, then the government will help you out as long as you are proactive and take the time to find help.

The USA is not at all a bad place to live if you need help. Unlike many other countries. Granted, Healthcare in the USA is definitely sub-par unless you have a lot of money; but at least a person having chest pains isn't going to be ignored by medical staff in the ER.

Also, although racism still exists, you must consider that massive amount of benefits that any US minority receives, even taking it too far with things like "Equal Opportunity Employment" and other controversial issues. Minorities is the USA have no right to complain. And if they feel oppressed, there is the option to move to another state, which is not available to do so easily in any other country in the world.

And sure, if you live in a bad area in the inner city, there is a risk of being shot. But most normal places in the USA outside of bad areas in certain major inner cities, that risk does not exist.

The problem with many Americans, is that they, (myself included at times) take so many things we have for granted. It's easy to think the grass is greener on the other side, when you haven't been to the other side. Truth is, the grass is usually greenest here in the USA.

p.s. I am a US Citizen.
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2012
    Dent1 says thanks.