1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

why are FIFA08 graphics like crap ?

Discussion in 'Games' started by wolf2009, Jul 8, 2008.

1. wolf2009 Guest

y r the graphics much better on xbox 360 version, wats wrong with PC version ?

i turned up the graphics to highest settings .
  2. dng29 New Member

Thanks Received:
    the real question is why are you playing fifa 2008? pes 2008 is 10x better. i can't wait for pes 2009.
  3. DrPepper

DrPepper The Doctor is in the house

Thanks Received:
    Bad port and its because the cant be bothered putting effort into it because it has low sales on the pc compared to everything else.
  4. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Fifa 08 on the PC uses the old engine. It's still fun, but very poorly done.
  5. wolf2009 Guest

i play both ,pes imo has degraded this year . hopefully next year will be better .
  6. dng29 New Member

Thanks Received:
    pes 2008 degraded this year? how so? i thought it's a lot better than 2007 or pes 7. i'm using the kitserver and it's awesome. i play this game religiously almost daily. i bet fifa 2009 will be just the same crap like last year. i'm sorry, but ea can't do futbol justice.
  7. wolf2009 Guest

i agree , i am like u , i have played pes since the pes 3 days every week . it is better than fifa . but the gameplay has turned to a lot arcade style, very fast . some features r missing from this years pes , like the ability to take quick free kicks and some others . although i still like it better than fifa, but pes 6 was better .
  8. MatTheCat New Member

Thanks Received:
    PES 2008 was a bloody atrocity that destroyed many a gaming community that would hold big organised offline gmaing competitions etc. I used to help run a PES guild that would hold regular tournaments in pubs so I should know.

FIFA08 on the consoles was a huge step forward for the FIFA franchise and nothing at all like the drivel that wentn before under the FIFA name. PC owners however have to make do with the PS2 version for FIFA08 and from what I hear FIFA09 is going to be more of the same with a Wii style point and drag gameplay system thrown in. %$&^%&"& EA, GIVE PC OWNERS THE GODDAMN CONSOLE VERSION!!!

Since the 360 is really just a mid range gaming PC running DX10/9 and games are made for consoles on PC's anyway, there is no reason why EA couldnt easily produce a so called 'next-gen' version for the PC.

Well more old gen FIFA crap on PC just means that once again, EA lose out on my custom.
  9. dng29 New Member

Thanks Received:
    i believe fifa 09 on the pc will have nextgen graphics, but i don't really care much. i'm looking forward to pes 09. this game looks awesome. i love pes 08 with a kitserver. i hope they will keep making kitserver for pes 09.