1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Why blue screen error occurs only when I close my explorer?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by michael, Aug 27, 2014.

1. michael

michael

Thanks Received:
    Hi Guys,

For past one month , I am experiencing very strange blue screen error which pops up only when I close my explorer before shut-down, normally it occurs while closing heavily opened tabs (When I have around 10 + tab opened in explorer) I am using Torch explorer.

When this blue screen occurs the system scans for 4 to 7 seconds and then it itself restarts.

It has been seen that when I close the explorer after I close each individual tab then this blue screen error does not occurs.

Recently I also formatted my SSD and reloaded windows 7, but still yesterday I faced same problem within 4 hours of fresh install.

Processor:i7 3770k

Motherboard:Asus P8Z&&-V Deluxe

My system specs are in my profile.

2. xLDKx NewYorker

xLDKx NewYorker

Thanks Received:
    What's the error code? Mine only BSOD's when I leave the room... must be the NSA fucking with me :D
    I think mines due to my HDD not re-initializing after sleep

michael says thanks.
  3. michael

michael

Thanks Received:
    Error code... I will check that, but my machines does some scanning and then reboots successfully to login prompt. For last 5 -6 days that error has not occurred as I simply close down all the opened tabs first and then close the browser and then all opened folders and files. this saves me from blue screen error.:rolleyes:

xLDKx NewYorker says thanks.
  4. xLDKx NewYorker

xLDKx NewYorker

Thanks Received:
    I'm not gonna be any help here, but i'm sure if you showed someone your crash dump they would be happy to help...

5. TheHunter

TheHunter

Thanks Received:
    michael says thanks.
  6. OneMoar

OneMoar

Thanks Received:
    torch browser has been known to carry malware uninstall it and use something else also scan your system with malware bytes

michael says thanks.
  7. michael

michael

Thanks Received:
    Yes......! This might be the issue. You might be damn right. I use torch browser because it allows you to download virtually all videos that you watch on any websites. this also helps me grabbing some youtube's videos.

I will try to get that error again , I will post error here. I might have to do something awkward to get it though.....:)

8. TheHunter

TheHunter

Thanks Received:
  9. RCoon

RCoon Gaming Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Don't use torch, just use a handy flashget addon for those that integrates into a stable smooth browser. Personally I use the studio suite from DVDVideoSoft which comes with an integrated browser addon for videos and audio.