1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Why do i get louder sound in one speaker than other

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by razor2890, Nov 4, 2012.

1. razor2890

Thanks Received:
    Everything was fine until i formatted windows 7....& from then on i get more sound in one speaker than other....i tried realtek audio manager and played with balance and there was a noticeable difference in sound of speakers.....
    I tried switching wires... & when i do so the volume from speakers also changes...
    ie.. 1st connection was left in left right in right...Volume on right was very low...
    2nd connection was left in right right in left..... volume on left was very low...

IMO it is the problem in wires...Is there any other reason for this sudden change in loudness...

If i have to change these speakers(they are 5 yrs old..) which is a good brand of speakers...
    I will only need 2.1CH speakers as my room is not very big....
    I have heard creative is a very good brand...
    Is this good....
    http://www.flipkart.com/creative-sb...4EXE&ref=665b48e9-1bc7-4282-939b-a5248fd5a70e

2. Frick

Frick Fishfaced Nincompoop

Thanks Received:
    Can't you just replace the wires then?

3. razor2890

Thanks Received:
    The speaker is i-ball full wood speaker and i cant find a way to open it. The wires go into the casing of the speakers...

4. chinmi

Thanks Received:
    how about adjusting balance on windows sound panel ?

5. lyndonguitar

lyndonguitar I play games

Thanks Received:
    theyre 5 years old already, so just buy a new speaker, its cheap, You can get a good quality 2.1 speaker for just around $20.

6. Frick

Thanks Received:
    Sounds doesn't age the same way other things do. And depending on how the old ones sounded he will be dissapointed with $20 speakers. Once you get used to a certain level it's hard (impossible for some) to adjust downwards. Sound is a bitch. :(

AsRock and lyndonguitar say thanks.
  7. Lazzer408

Lazzer408

Thanks Received:
    They can age like everything else. The driver's surround material can rot and crumble away allowing the wave from the rear of the driver to escape canceling out the wave from the front which results in a loss of output and poor low frequency response. The power supply's filter capacitors age which can cause anything from hum to poor transient response and distortion. The various signal coupling capacitors can also degrade causing lower output, noise, distortion, and poor frequency response. The internal connections and solder joints are more susceptible to failure from heat and vibration.

I'm a bit of an audiophile and have a knack for analog electronics.

As far as speakers go, reviews are unreliable. Go to some retail stores and listen to a few models. If you find something you like, shop around online. Also check music stores. There are some decent stereo monitors available at reasonable prices (Behringer, Maudio) and will not require a subwoofer to produce accurate bass.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2012
    Frick says thanks.
  8. Frick

Thanks Received:
    Of course they age, but they don't get "old" the same way say computers do. Good sound is still good sound.

9. Lazzer408

Lazzer408

Thanks Received:
    Do you mean "outdated" as technology is improved, like computers?

10. eidairaman1

eidairaman1

Thanks Received:
    Connectors get worn out replug everything in

11. dude12564 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Quite possible. My friend's jack is kinda messed up - you need to force the connector in fully before you get sound from both speakers - otherwise you get left only.