• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Why do my lamps flick/blink intermittently as I play certain games?

System Name BrighTaloN
Processor 980X
Motherboard DX58SO2
Cooling Corsair H100 dual cougar 12cm pwm fans
Memory CMZ16GX3M4X1600C9G
Case Haf X
Power Supply Toughpower Grand 750
Software 7 Proff 64-bit
Benchmark Scores never did atm
First off here is the picture of my device formation:

IMG-20150429-01265.jpg

Details:
1. APC P5BT-GR Surge Arrest plugged into a wall socket.
2. Matsunaga SVC1000F(Japan) Voltage Regulator connected to that Surge Arrest.
3. ICA ST1023B Shinewave Line Interactive UPS connected to the Voltage Regulator.
4. Iskra Zascite ZES-7 Surge Protector connected to the UPS.
5. My gaming rig(specs below) and two external hdds connected to the Surge Protector.

The Gaming Rig Specs (non OC):
CPU: i7 4790K
PSU: Seasonic 760 Watt 80 Plus Platinum
Cooling: Corsair H100
RAM: 4x4gb Samsung green 30nm 1600mhz DDR3 RAM
Mainboard: Asus Z97 PRO
HDDS: Intel 520 180Gb(System drive), 2x500gb WDC Black(Storage)
GPU: GTX 680 2gb Inno3d Ichill Herculez
Monitor: Dell U2412H

The games that trigger the electrical flickering/blinking:
- Age Wonders III (Most intense)
- Shadow Of Mordor
- Mortal Kombat X
- Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

PS: all game's graphics options are set to ULTRA/Max to the right.

So when I played certain games, especially Age Wonders III, my electricity would flick/blink intermittently. It gets even more noticeable as I click something in game, clicking a unit would always trigger the flickering. It's funny because when I click a unit once, the electricity would flick once as well. This gets me so worried, I'm so concerned about whether this thing could negatively affect my hardwares's lifespan and yet I don't know what else to do. I already spent way to much money on electric safety appliances. I had to purchase a ups as the area where I live is prone to power outages. Somebody please help me identify this problem and what to do about it. Thank you!

Last edited:

Mindweaver

Moderato®™
Staff member
System Name Tower of Power / Sechs
Processor i7 14700K / i7 5820k @ 4.5ghz
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming WiFi D4 / X99S GAMING 7
Cooling CM MasterLiquid ML360 Mirror ARGB Close-Loop AIO / CORSAIR Hydro Series H100i Extreme
Memory CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3600 / G.Skill DDR4 2800 16GB 4x4GB
Video Card(s) ASUS TUF Gaming GeForce RTX 4070 Ti / ASUS TUF Gaming GeForce RTX 3070 V2 OC Edition
Storage 4x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB M.2, 2x Crucial 1TB SSD / Samsung 870 PRO 500GB M.2
Display(s) Samsung 32" Odyssy G5 Gaming 144hz 1440p, ViewSonic 32" 72hz 1440p / 2x ViewSonic 32" 72hz 1440p
Case Phantek "400A" / Phanteks “Enthoo Pro series”
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC4080 / Azalia Realtek ALC1150
Power Supply Corsair RM Series RM750 / Corsair CXM CX600M
Mouse Glorious Gaming Model D Wireless / Razer DeathAdder Chroma
Keyboard Glorious GMMK with box-white switches / Keychron K6 pro with blue swithes
VR HMD Quest 3 (128gb) + Rift S + HTC Vive + DK1
Software Windows 11 Pro x64 / Windows 10 Pro x64
Benchmark Scores Yes
One big no no I see is connecting Surge Protectors to UPS's. You should be using PDU's (Power Distribution Unit) strips coming out from the UPS to increase your outlets. I'm very surprised the surge protectors are not switching off. You should never link surge protectors either. ;)

System Name Main/DC
Processor i7-3770K/i7-2600K
Motherboard MSI Z77A-GD55/GA-P67A-UD4-B3
Cooling Phanteks PH-TC14CS/H80
Memory Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB (2 x 8GB) LP /4GB Kingston DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) Asus GTX 660 Ti/MSI HD7770
Storage Crucial MX100 256GB/120GB Samsung 830 & Seagate 2TB(died)
Display(s) Asus 24' LED/Samsung SyncMaster B1940
Case P100/Antec P280 It's huge!
Audio Device(s) on board
Power Supply SeaSonic SS-660XP2/Seasonic SS-760XP2
Software Win 7 Home Premiun 64 Bit
What all do you have plugged into that UPS? (anything other than system and monitor?) You might be approaching it's load limit.

Processor i7-3770K
Motherboard Biostar Hi-Fi Z77
Cooling Swiftech H20 (w/Custom External Rad Enclosure)
Memory 16GB DDR3-2400Mhz
Video Card(s) Alienware GTX 1070
Storage 1TB Samsung 850 EVO
Display(s) 32" LG 1440p
Case Cooler Master 690 (w/Mods)
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium
Power Supply Corsair 750-TX
Mouse Logitech G5
Keyboard G. Skill Mechanical
Software Windows 10 (X64)
You could try disconnecting all of that and plug your computer straight into the wall and see what happens. If your electricity still has issues then, you will probably want to hire an electrician, but I suspect the previous posters are correct.

Processor Ryzen 5900X
Motherboard ASUS Prime X470 Pro
Cooling Arctic liquid freezer II 240
Memory 2 x 16 Gb Gskill Trident Z 3600 Mhz
Video Card(s) MSI Ventus 3060 Ti OC
Storage Samsung 960 EVO 500 Gb / 860 EVO 1 Tb
Display(s) Dell S2719DGF
Case Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster Z
Power Supply Corsair RM850x
Mouse Logitech G703
Keyboard Logitech G513
Software Win 11
Plug the UPS into the wall and then the computer and monitor only to it
voltage regulator is unnecessary with a UPS

The lights in the house flickering is a sign of poor wiring no amount of surge protectors UPS or line filters will make your lights flicker unless they are faulty in which case they should trip something.

System Name Rainbow
Processor Intel Core i7 8700k
Motherboard MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC
Cooling Corsair H115i, 2x Noctua NF-A14 industrialPPC-3000 PWM
Memory G. Skill TridentZ RGB 4x8GB (F4-3600C16Q-32GTZR)
Video Card(s) ZOTAC GeForce RTX 3090 Trinity
Storage 2x Samsung 950 Pro 256GB | 2xHGST Deskstar 4TB 7.2K
Display(s) Samsung C27HG70
Case Xigmatek Aquila
Power Supply Seasonic 760W SS-760XP
Mouse Razer Deathadder 2013
Keyboard Corsair Vengeance K95
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores 4 trillion points in GmailMark, over 144 FPS 2K Facebook Scrolling (Extreme Quality preset)
Woah. Little strong on the tone for some of the replies. OP is asking advice, not trying to tell you how to run your life.

If you don't mind spending a few bucks to diagnose potential issues, I'd suggest a small Kill-a-watt device (or something similar) to monitor voltage at various points while replicating the issue. I suspect if you check at the wall, you'll see your voltage drop while gaming.
I'd hazard to guess that loading up a game starts pulling enough power via the PC to drop voltage at the wall. If voltage drops, it could affect the lighting.

I'm not an electrician though. :p

FordGT90Concept

"I go fast!1!11!1!"
System Name BY-2021
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X (65w eco profile)
Motherboard MSI B550 Gaming Plus
Cooling Scythe Mugen (rev 5)
Memory 2 x Kingston HyperX DDR4-3200 32 GiB
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT
Storage Samsung 980 Pro, Seagate Exos X20 TB 7200 RPM
Display(s) Nixeus NX-EDG274K (3840x2160@144 DP) + Samsung SyncMaster 906BW (1440x900@60 HDMI-DVI)
Case Coolermaster HAF 932 w/ USB 3.0 5.25" bay + USB 3.2 (A+C) 3.5" bay
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1150, Micca OriGen+
Power Supply Enermax Platimax 850w
Mouse Nixeus REVEL-X
Keyboard Tesoro Excalibur
Software Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Benchmark Scores Faster than the tortoise; slower than the hare.
I'd be checking three places:
1) power coming in to the premises. If its a house, it would be at the meter. Make sure it is stable and shouldn't change much with turning stuff on and off.
2) power at the outlet you're using. If it doesn't change at the premises but changes at the outlet, that outlet has shoddy wiring, is overloaded, or breaker problems.
3) power between the UPS and the tower. If #1 and #2 look okay, it is probably the UPS or the PSU. UPS either being overloaded or just not very good; PSU doesn't have the capacitance to handle the load your system is putting on it.

I guess one could bypass #1 and #2 by simply plugging the UPS into a different circuit. You can use the circuit breakers and lamps to figure out which outlets are on which circuits.

System Name Black Box
Processor Intel Xeon E3-1260L v5
Motherboard MSI E3 KRAIT Gaming v5
Cooling Tt tower + 120mm Tt fan
Memory G.Skill 16GB 3600 C18
Video Card(s) Asus GTX 970 Mini
Storage Kingston A2000 512Gb NVME
Display(s) AOC 24" Freesync 1m.s. 75Hz
Case Corsair 450D High Air Flow.
Audio Device(s) No need.
Power Supply FSP Aurum 650W
Mouse Yes
Keyboard Of course
Software W10 Pro 64 bit
Not sure if the wiring standards are the same there but power outlets and ceiling lights are on different circuits.
Standard lamps and desk lamps plugged in to wall outlets may show a drop in current when a lot of devices are switched on and the draw is high.

Processor Ryzen 7 5800X3D
Motherboard MSI MAG X570S Tomahawk Max WiFi
Cooling EK Supremacy EVO Elite + EK D5 + EK 420 Rad, TT Toughfan 140x3, TT Toughfan 120x2, Arctic slim 120
Memory 32GB GSkill DDR4-3600 (F4-3600C16-8GVKC)
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Radeon RX 7900XTX Gaming OC
Storage WDBlack SN850X 4TB, Samsung 950Pro 512GB, Samsung 850EVO 500GB, 6TB WDRed, 36TB NAS, 8TB Lancache
Display(s) Benq XL2730Z (1440P 144Hz, TN, Freesync) & 2x ASUS VE248
Case Corsair Obsidian 750D
Audio Device(s) Topping D50S + THX AAA 789, TH-X00 w/ V-Moda Boompro; 7Hz Timeless
Power Supply Corsair HX1000i
Mouse Sharkoon Fireglider optical
Keyboard Corsair K95 RGB
Software Windows 11 Pro
@vziera:
While measuring voltage at the wall (e.g. with a Kill-a-watt) and watching for voltage drops or fluctuations
Step 1: Try plugging PC directly from wall and try your games. Is it fine? Does the voltage reading stay nice and stable, do lights flicker, etc?
Step 2: Try PC plugged into power conditioner, power conditioner directly into wall. Fine?
Step 3: Try PC plugged into UPS, UPS directly into wall. Fine?

If 1, 2, 3 all work fine, then you'd have to check with the manufacturers of your power conditioner and UPS to see whether they're safe to use together. I would guess that it would be okay, as long as they're setup [Wall <- Conditioner <- UPS <- PC] but only if the UPS has no power conditioning circuitry of its own and is just a backup - still, check with the manufacturers if possible. If one of steps 1, 2, or 3 doesn't work... well there's your problem.

If you find out that it's okay to chain them, then you can do so but ditch the surge strips. They'll damage whatever they're plugged into if they ever do encounter a transient (protects the things plugged into them by shunting dangerous transients back out through the wall - and anything else plugged in between). Surge strips are also generally only good once, or maybe a few times. The MOVs that they use are a sacrificial component; they wear out with use, so if you have bad power from your electrical supplier, you're going to be replacing them constantly or else they'll be useless. You *might* be okay to keep the one between the wall and conditioner but... I don't know enough to make that judgement, so I would avoid using it there with a conditioner or UPS plugged into it. DEFINITELY don't plug a surge strip into the output of the UPS or conditioner.

I'd be checking three places:
1) power coming in to the premises. If its a house, it would be at the meter. Make sure it is stable and shouldn't change much with turning stuff on and off.
2) power at the outlet you're using. If it doesn't change at the premises but changes at the outlet, that outlet has shoddy wiring, is overloaded, or breaker problems.
3) power between the UPS and the tower. If #1 and #2 look okay, it is probably the UPS or the PSU. UPS either being overloaded or just not very good; PSU doesn't have the capacitance to handle the load your system is putting on it.

I guess one could bypass #1 and #2 by simply plugging the UPS into a different circuit. You can use the circuit breakers and lamps to figure out which outlets are on which circuits.
Capacity, not capacitance.

Capacitance is a unit of stored energy (as in capacitors) measured in farads.

UPS being overloaded shouldn't make the lights flicker I wouldn't think (unless they're plugged into the UPS - and yes I see *one* -, in which case it's possibly momentarily cutting the supply (on the order of single digits microseconds within the PC PSU's hold-up time) causing flicker in the lamp). The other thing might be if the flickering lights are on the wall-side (before the power conditoner) that power conditioner may be drawing substantial momentary current in an attempt to keep the output voltage within acceptable limits while the input voltage dips (bad wiring or plain bad supply from utility).

I would otherwise agree with Ford, but I am not an EE. Also agree with others that chained surge strips is a bad idea. In fact, chaining any type of power conditioning circuitry not explicitly designed to be used as such is usually a bad idea.

Not sure if the wiring standards are the same there but power outlets and ceiling lights are on different circuits.
Standard lamps and desk lamps plugged in to wall outlets may show a drop in current when a lot of devices are switched on and the draw is high.

They're not required to be if I remember my electrical code, they just usually are as a matter of practicality (you don't want your lights to go out when you trip a breaker by plugging in a vacuum and microwave at the same time. Suddenly being in the dark can be dangerous)

The lighting circuits usually serve a few rooms and sometimes the outlet circuits do as well, depending on who did the wiring, when, and to what code standard (if at all... not everybody hires a licenced electrician to work on their wiring)

Correct, however if the wiring is good and if the supply power is good, any drop in current (as a result of a drop in voltage) should be minimal. A lot of ifs and shoulds in that sentence...

Last edited:
System Name BrighTaloN
Processor 980X
Motherboard DX58SO2
Case Haf X
Software 7 Proff 64-bit
I thought surge strips were just the better version of regular power outlets, I'll see if replacing them with normal power outlets will eliminate the problem. And yes, I think the only things that flickered were the devices and lights connected to the setup, not including the ceiling lights. Also I'm wondering if what m4gicfour meant by power conditioner was my SVC1000F voltage regulator. Anyways, thank you guys for the wonderful responses. I'll be right back with an update.

Cooling EK Supremacy EVO Elite + EK D5 + EK 420 Rad, TT Toughfan 140x3, TT Toughfan 120x2, Arctic slim 120
Storage WDBlack SN850X 4TB, Samsung 950Pro 512GB, Samsung 850EVO 500GB, 6TB WDRed, 36TB NAS, 8TB Lancache
Audio Device(s) Topping D50S + THX AAA 789, TH-X00 w/ V-Moda Boompro; 7Hz Timeless
Keyboard Corsair K95 RGB
Software Windows 11 Pro
Surge strips are just a power splitter with one key difference: They're wired up in such a way that when exposed to high voltage beyond the normal operating range, they effectively short circuit themselves to ground. This is fine when plugged directly into a wall; the power is carried out over the ground wire and the breaker at the panel will likely trip if it happens for more than a split second. That stops your stuff (or you) from being exposed to that high voltage. The problem comes when you plug it into the output of a UPS or similar device; in this case, the surge protector is going to short circuit the UPS, at best overloading it momentarily, at worst destroying it and starting a fire while possibly also shocking you if the UPS has a grounded metal case that you're unlucky enough to be touching at that moment.

They're probably not causing your problem, but they're a problem waiting to happen in this case.

In case you're interested: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surge_protector
The MOV type are most common.

...and yeah, I meant the voltage regulator. I'm too used to discussing them in the context of audio equipment where they generally have a bunch of other features bundled in as well (Voltage Regulation, Ripple suppression, EMI filter, etc). Force of habit.

System Name BrighTaloN
Processor 980X
Motherboard DX58SO2
Case Haf X
Software 7 Proff 64-bit
By power outlets I meant power splitters and yeah here comes the update. So I already checked if the problem would persist when I just connected my pc straight into the wall with only a surge protector strip since the ac cable of my PC is not long enough and I would need a bulb in the setup as the easy flickering indicator and guess what? no luck, the problem was still there. So from that test I guess I can just draw out a conclusion that the electricity circuit responsible for my room is to blame not my electrical devices right? I wanted to try out connecting my setup to another circuit but I do not have the media to do that so I'll just bite the bullet and accept this painful situation at the moment. Now I have my setup reconfigured to following:
Surge Supressor Strip to the wall - Voltage Regulator - UPS - Vanilla Power Splitter - PC and peripherals. While I know it still doesn't eliminate the flickering problem I just want to know if my current setup is now sound enough or not and if there's anything more I can possibly do to eliminate this flickering issue in the future /:

Oh and yes the case of my UPS is made of metal and is painted white.

info on this UPS
http://www.icaups.co.id/dproduct.php?id=1402
called the company's tech support about the compatibility with the voltage regulator and they encouraged me to couple them together, with the voltage regulator being placed before the UPS.

BTW, I have tried two good enough power supplies in the setup, Thermaltake TPG-750M and Seasonic P760 both made no differences. Could this also be a game bug?

Last edited:
System Name Brightworks Systems BWS-6 E-IV
Processor Intel Core i5-6600 @ 3.9GHz
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 Rev 1.0
Cooling Quality case, 2 x Fractal Design 140mm fans, stock CPU HSF
Memory 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4 3000 Corsair Vengeance
Video Card(s) EVGA GEForce GTX 1050Ti 4Gb GDDR5
Storage Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, Samsung 860 Evo 500GB SSD
Display(s) Samsung S24E650BW LED x 2
Case Fractal Design Define R4
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 550W G2 Gold
Mouse Logitech M190
Keyboard Microsoft Wireless Comfort 5050
Software W10 Pro 64-bit
Since you have connected you PC straight into the wall with only a surge protector and the problem was still there, I recommend you borrow a heavy-duty regular extension cord (not a surge protector) and see what happens. If still a problem, then you may need to move your computer to a different circuit, if possible.

And I recommend you test your wall outlet with a AC Outlet Tester to ensure your outlet is properly wired and grounded. I recommend one with a GFCI (ground fault circuit interrupt) indicator as it can be used to test bathroom and kitchen outlets too. These testers can be found for your type and voltage outlet, foreign or domestic, at most home improvement stores, or even the electrical department at Walmart. And if a fault is shown, have it fixed by a qualified electrician.

Last edited by a moderator:
System Name BrighTaloN
Processor 980X
Motherboard DX58SO2
Case Haf X
Software 7 Proff 64-bit
Hey Bill_Bright, is the following pic what you referred to?

I don't know if the other one below can be of substitute to that but I've tried using it as the said surge protector's replacement and no luck still.

Does it look heavy-duty enough though?

And as for the AC Outlet Tester with GFCI, I'll be on the lookout for that tomorrow and for now, is it safe to use my PC in such a situation at the moment?

Oh and by the way how do I tell if my surge protector is still good though?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Mouse Logitech M190
Software W10 Pro 64-bit
Thanks Mods! :)

Hey Bill_Bright, is the following pic what you referred to?
Yes. That appears to be heavy duty enough and it does not have any surge and spike protection devices.

is it safe to use my PC in such a situation at the moment?
Since you have been using it with no problems, and you didn't report getting zapped when touching your case, I will assume it is safe, for now. But I would still test your outlets as soon as you can.

Is it only your computer that causes the lights to dim? What if other big appliances (microwave oven, refrigerator, etc.) cycle on?
Oh and by the way how do I tell if my surge protector is still good though?
There is no way, unfortunately. You can plug one of those outlet checkers in it and it will tell if the ground is good and it is wired correctly. But it cannot tell if will still suppress surges and spikes.

And BTW, the suppression devices (MOVs) inside surge and spike protectors wear out over time. And even one big hit can wear them out. Some relate them to motorcycle helmets. After you slam into a curb once and the helmet saves your noggin, even if not visible cracks, you should consider the helmet did its job and needs to be replaced.

Keyboard Corsair K95 RGB
Software Windows 11 Pro
Well in the time it took me to login, bill replied again so I don't have to address those questions anymore.

The only thing I would add is that if the outlet checker shows the outlet is wired correctly, you should then still check for voltage fluctuations when your lights flicker...

You can do that with a kill-a-watt or equivalent device, provided that its response time is fast enough (can't really say how fast is fast enough though) or with a multimeter if you know what you're doing and are careful.

We already pretty much know you're having voltage issues on the circuit the PC is plugged into, but for sake of completeness:

Plug your killawatt or multimeter into the same circuit as the PC and watch as you do the things that make lights flicker. You'll likely see voltage drop significantly for a short time (and if the voltage regulator is connected, amperage increase of a proportional amount as it compensates)

Next, plug your killawatt or multimeter into a different circuit (not just a different plug, you need to be sure its on a different breaker) and do the same thing. If you see the power stay stable on the seperate circuit while your lights flicker on the computer circuit, then the branch circuit wiring the PC is plugged into is probably undersized and overloaded, or there's a high resistance/impedance connection in it somewhere. There you can call an electrician to come upgrade your circuit, but it won't be cheap. You could also just use a different circuit to power the PC, if available.

If the voltage dips on both circuits by a similar amount, then the issue is with the fusebox/breaker box, mains breaker, wiring supplying your home/apartment, or the power transmission lines themselves, and is something the power company would have to deal with (unless its just a loose or otherwise bad connection to mains in the breaker box, in which case, an electrician could fix that.)

System Name Main/DC
Processor i7-3770K/i7-2600K
Motherboard MSI Z77A-GD55/GA-P67A-UD4-B3
Cooling Phanteks PH-TC14CS/H80
Memory Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB (2 x 8GB) LP /4GB Kingston DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) Asus GTX 660 Ti/MSI HD7770
Storage Crucial MX100 256GB/120GB Samsung 830 & Seagate 2TB(died)
Display(s) Asus 24' LED/Samsung SyncMaster B1940
Case P100/Antec P280 It's huge!
Audio Device(s) on board
Power Supply SeaSonic SS-660XP2/Seasonic SS-760XP2
Software Win 7 Home Premiun 64 Bit
is it safe to use my PC in such a situation at the moment?
No. Not only that, but I don't think your abode is safe. Why? If you are drawing enough current to cause the voltage to drop (evidenced by the flickering lights), a circuit breaker should trip. If a circuit breaker is not tripping, you are not being protected which could lead to a fire. I recommend an electrician ASAP.

Keyboard Corsair K95 RGB
Software Windows 11 Pro
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF x670e
Cooling EK AIO 360. Phantek T30 fans.
Memory 32GB G.Skill 6000Mhz
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 4090
Storage WD m.2
Display(s) LG C2 Evo OLED 42"
Case Lian Li PC 011 Dynamic Evo
Audio Device(s) Topping E70 DAC, SMSL SP200 Headphone Amp.
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti PRO 1000W
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3 Pro
Keyboard Tester84
Software Windows 11
Get an electrician, building owner or whatever to look at the outlet you are connected to and the main box (with all of your fuses). Obviously you are overloading the line.

Mouse Logitech M190
Software W10 Pro 64-bit
Get an electrician, building owner or whatever to look at the outlet you are connected to and the main box (with all of your fuses). Obviously you are overloading the line.
That's why I suggested moving to a different circuit. The outlet currently plugged into may be on the same circuit as several other items, like an AC, or refrigerator. Though certainly, if the outlet checker shows a problem, then an electrician definitely needs to take care of it.

Processor Ryzen 5700x
Motherboard MSI B350 Gaming Pro Carbon
Cooling be quiet dark rock pro 3
Memory GSKill Aegis 32GB (4x8GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16
Video Card(s) PowerColor Radeon RX 7800 XT Hellhound 16GB GDDR6 256-bit
Storage Seagate Barracuda SATA-II 1TB , HyperX Savage 240GB SATA 3
Display(s) Benq EX2780Q
Case Be Quiet! Dark Base Pro 900
Audio Device(s) Sound BlasterX G6
Power Supply Seasonic prime TX-650
Mouse Marvo Scorpion G981
Keyboard Razer Blackwidow Elite - Yellow Switch
Software Windows 10 Pro

MxPhenom 216

ASIC Engineer
System Name Ryzen Reflection
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5900x
Motherboard Gigabyte X570S Aorus Master
Cooling 2x EK PE360 | TechN AM4 AMD Block Black | EK Quantum Vector Trinity GPU Nickel + Plexi
Memory Teamgroup T-Force Xtreem 2x16GB B-Die 3600 @ 14-14-14-28-42-288-2T 1.45v
Video Card(s) Zotac AMP HoloBlack RTX 3080Ti 12G | 950mV 1950Mhz
Storage WD SN850 500GB (OS) | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB (Games_1) | Samsung 970 Evo 1TB (Games_2)
Display(s) Asus XG27AQM 240Hz G-Sync Fast-IPS | Gigabyte M27Q-P 165Hz 1440P IPS | Asus 24" IPS (portrait mode)
Case Lian Li PC-011D XL | Custom cables by Cablemodz
Audio Device(s) FiiO K7 | Sennheiser HD650 + Beyerdynamic FOX Mic
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Ultra Platinum 850
Mouse Razer Viper v2 Pro
Keyboard Razer Huntsman Tournament Edition
Software Windows 11 Pro 64-Bit
That's why I suggested moving to a different circuit. The outlet currently plugged into may be on the same circuit as several other items, like an AC, or refrigerator. Though certainly, if the outlet checker shows a problem, then an electrician definitely needs to take care of it.
that's a work around, not a fuel proof solution. The guy should have had an electrician to look over everything a long time ago

Mouse Logitech M190
Software W10 Pro 64-bit
The guy should have had an electrician to look over everything a long time ago
Maybe, maybe not. It is common, for example, for several bedrooms in the same home to be on the same circuit. We can only see one outlet. If the other outlets are being used to run high wattage appliances, you don't need an electrician to come in and tell you to move stuff around.

MxPhenom 216

ASIC Engineer
System Name Ryzen Reflection
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5900x
Motherboard Gigabyte X570S Aorus Master
Cooling 2x EK PE360 | TechN AM4 AMD Block Black | EK Quantum Vector Trinity GPU Nickel + Plexi
Memory Teamgroup T-Force Xtreem 2x16GB B-Die 3600 @ 14-14-14-28-42-288-2T 1.45v
Video Card(s) Zotac AMP HoloBlack RTX 3080Ti 12G | 950mV 1950Mhz
Storage WD SN850 500GB (OS) | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB (Games_1) | Samsung 970 Evo 1TB (Games_2)
Display(s) Asus XG27AQM 240Hz G-Sync Fast-IPS | Gigabyte M27Q-P 165Hz 1440P IPS | Asus 24" IPS (portrait mode)
Case Lian Li PC-011D XL | Custom cables by Cablemodz
Audio Device(s) FiiO K7 | Sennheiser HD650 + Beyerdynamic FOX Mic
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Ultra Platinum 850
Mouse Razer Viper v2 Pro
Keyboard Razer Huntsman Tournament Edition
Software Windows 11 Pro 64-Bit
Maybe, maybe not. It is common, for example, for several bedrooms in the same home to be on the same circuit. We can only see one outlet. If the other outlets are being used to run high wattage appliances, you don't need an electrician to come in and tell you to move stuff around.
no shit, but it seems like he's got more of an issue then just moving stuff around.