1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Why i really like it here at TPU.

Discussion in 'Comments & Feedback' started by RuskiSnajper, Sep 9, 2010.

1. RuskiSnajper

RuskiSnajper

Thanks Received:
    Because the community feels right , because people don't take things everything too seriously and mainly , moderators are so open minded and cooperative and act like normal guys.

So basically this is what happened to me on another forum , about a game.

Let me guess , other forums about a game ,i can't get in , people are one sided , basically whatever i do , post new threads i get stupid 4chan-sytle backlash , and moderators there never make a topic , just to escape everyones' wisdom detectors and psycho comments on your every move.

I was a noob at the start okay , said some stupid things here , okay , but that's fixed with time.

I mean i have experience to run a server and be a mod , but those people say "you don't have enough post to be a mod" , had 160 , wtf , the forum was just open like a week , for sakes how can i have more posts.

And that was the employee , community made bad word , .. oh what i did , i basically defended PC , because console style features were invading a game , so i defended this fair and square , of course i wasn't swearing , ... he goes "you were arguing and that doesn't seem very mature to me".

And lastly the finaaly , another employee says "yes those previous mods will make it back here too , now there's 2 missing , i have contacted them but they didn't come ... " so i ask if i can help to replace those 2 and offer my experience , dedication and wish , and he goes "no we don't need more moderators at this time , i think we can quite handle it."

I wanted to improve the forum...

-2 threads for each topic
    - one topic had 5-6 threads
    - there were silly threads like "OH LOOK THIZ ROXORZ MAN"
    - threads with temporary questions that got big and the OP was answered , those guys were talking offtopic ... total nonsense and the thread got bumped up so much and the thread was title was never fixed as [solved] ...

Last but not least, I have contacted a mod about where 5 threads were merged , but one thread had a similar name with a totally different meaning and totally different type of discussion , now he goes: "i only merged the 4 threads , i don't know who added the fifth thread , it wast me"

The freak goes on to do nothing ... i had posted him every possible detail which titles were the correct title and which one was the wrong one , explained the whole thing since i was active at that time and saw everything ,... i practically provided him with everything to quickly solve it , he did nothing, despite like 5 other guys PMing him. 2 pages worth of that thread was only talk about the thread mixup , no fix.
    And they tell me i don't have POSTS to be a mod (and i explained everything from top bottom and what my experiences are , wasn't exaggerating anything) ...

Plus , a bias because im not english ... i can't even speak correctly they take it so seriously.
    Sometimes I don't mean eaxctly how i write it.

And i don't want to disclose who or which forum it is ... doesn't matter.

A part goes to one-sided commmunity , international ftw!

I do admit , i do sound like an asshole sometimes , no ? or it's just me , of course im not , i just write that way , it gets mixed in my mind , so it sounds like im angry.

I really don't mind a lot about it , im not going to waste time and life with it ,but it was worth of mentioning since it's such a weird thing that never happened to me ... like a freaking chain of events.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2010
  2. brandonwh64

brandonwh64 Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!

Thanks Received:
    i love it here too!

Crunching for Team TPU
  3. AlienIsGOD

AlienIsGOD

Thanks Received:
    LOL that sounds like Toms:roll:

Crunching for Team TPU
  4. Bo$$

Bo$$ Lab Extraordinaire

Thanks Received:
    me too, actually you really helped me when i was pretty new here with the M59 front fan mod that you posted :toast:

thanks mate

ps: email NXZT they can send you those missing screws

5. CDdude55

CDdude55 Crazy 4 TPU!!!

Thanks Received:
    Like any forum, TPU has it's up's and downs. But overall it's a great tech community, with a wide variety of great people with a passion for computers.:)

And as stated, i love it here.;)

6. LAN_deRf_HA

LAN_deRf_HA

Thanks Received:
    I came here cause I was sick of fighting at tom's hardware. Here I found I could drop some crazy word bomb with a polarized view point and come back in a few days to find no one flipped out on me haha

AlienIsGOD says thanks.
  7. Easy Rhino

Easy Rhino Linux Advocate

Thanks Received:
    i think the big difference between TPU forums and other tech related places is that they are run by children. i know for a fact us mods are all "older" and don't like to deal with BS. we come here for fun, not to get our egos stroked.

8. Asylum

Asylum

Thanks Received:
    Tpu...ftw!!!

9. grunt_408

grunt_408

Thanks Received:
    Someone needs to revive the old farts club. I think I qualify to be a member now :D. This is a great forum. Thats the difference I see most other forums are only good but they are not great like tpu.:)

10. xrealm20

xrealm20 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Agreed! TPU is just about the only forum that I browse daily. I've really enjoyed my time here ---

11. Solaris17

Solaris17 Creator Solaris Utility DVD

Thanks Received:
    TPU has an excellent atmosphere. I love it here. With the exception of easyrhino he needs to go.

Radical_Edward and grunt_408 say thanks.
  12. DaveK

DaveK

Thanks Received:
    I don't visit other tech sites as I don't need to, but I've read various threads on other sites when looking for more reviews. Some forums have a lot of childish posts instead of useful information and others have amateur reviews. I find the forums here are great for getting help and useful information, while still maintaining the humor and the reviews are more professional, which is what I like in reviews.

13. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
    I will always like XS for the things there that you just generally don't find anywhere else, at least regularly: world record announcements by the record setters and not fifth hand, new product "first look" threads by the manufacturers and/or vendors themselves and the craziest, baddest projects and mods on the planet (short of MDPC of course). But TPU provides everything else and does so with solid intelligence, knowledge, experience and class. Starting with W1z, of course.

14. LAN_deRf_HA

LAN_deRf_HA

Thanks Received:
    At first I interpreted that as "there's an old club about farts".

15. grunt_408

grunt_408

Thanks Received:
    Haha :laugh: No there is a thread somewhere called "The old farts club" I tried to join up but I was not old enough lol. But I am getting old and decrepid now so I think I can meet the criteria.

16. Namslas90 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Here; the old farts club

@Craigleberry, LOL yer still too young.

grunt_408 says thanks.
  17. I like it here aswell. Feels like when someone has a problem with a computer or anything - come here and problems get solved. There are some forums here in Sweden, but there.. they don't even thank you. Sometimes don't even bother to answer. And if you have a better solution, and they have never heard of you before? They just ignore you..

But here.. It's like that old TV serie "Cheers". Friends everywhere!

18. claylomax

claylomax

Thanks Received:
    Is there any other forums?

19. grunt_408

grunt_408

Thanks Received:
    No I actually fit the age group of being an old fart now:laugh: I am 31 this year :D

20. MxPhenom 216

MxPhenom 216 Corsair Fanboy

Thanks Received:
    OMG i could not agree with you more. coming from OCN its a much better experience

People are actually cool here and dont flame on people literally 24/7

Like half the guys on OCN are brainwashed to think that MW2 is a terrible game. The Campaign is really fun and the Multiplayer could be better with dedi servers but it doesnt bother me really

Last edited: Sep 9, 2010
    BUCK NASTY says thanks.
  21. mudkip

mudkip

Thanks Received:
    I'm 18.... GO AWAY GRANDPA'S WHAT ARE YOU EVEN DOING ON THE INTERNET

Bo$$ and grunt_408 say thanks.
  22. JATownes

JATownes

Thanks Received:
    We are here because we invented it...with Al Gore's help. :rolleyes: (Just Kidding...we all know Al Gore did it alone.)

TPU is my home on the Web... best community I have ever had the privilege to be a part of. :toast:

23. grunt_408

grunt_408

Thanks Received:
    Overall the community here is great. With the exception of a few idiots that join up here thinking they know it all and start picking on other members for no reason. Members like that are not welcome here and do not last long.

24. MxPhenom 216

MxPhenom 216 Corsair Fanboy

Thanks Received:
    i see what you did there

25. Solaris17

Solaris17 Creator Solaris Utility DVD

Thanks Received:
    iv lasted 5 years. i see a flaw in your logic.