1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Why I'm now an Apple fan...

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Kantastic, Sep 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. erixx

erixx

Thanks Received:
    I dont like apps, I dont like google, dont like i-Quits.... I dont like Web 2.0 at all... Nothing like forums, usenet and so on :)

I am a Kindle user and I wonder what I can do with it apart from reading it, little options... Timidly paper tigers like Steam are allowing to "resell" I believe... but it is ALL a "void" business model... No soul at all, no permanent value, nothing comes close to that old stereo turntable that still works with my daddies LP's of the WWII era...

Like Marilyn Manson says we are so expandable... just numbers, just "customers" of "geniouses", so sad... that we are discussing about brands, which in the end are all NOTHING

Last edited: Sep 4, 2012
  2. MxPhenom 216

MxPhenom 216 Corsair Fanboy

Thanks Received:
    Apple doesn't compete lol. THey release a product, another company attempts to release a better one, and then Apple sues them for it rather then release another product to compete with the competitors better product.

heky and Irony say thanks.
  3. Kantastic

Kantastic

Thanks Received:
    I hope you've read the ToS for your Kindle and all of the ebooks you own.

4. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Well when I was in high school I was tested to have a 146 IQ. Thats borderline genius if I remember correctly.....yet I paint pretty little pictures for t-shirts now. So I guess if you wear a shirt I designed you can say "My shirt was designed by a borderline genius". Much cooler then going to an Apple care "genius".

heky says thanks.
  5. Kantastic

Kantastic

Thanks Received:
    How many years ago was high school, and what is your most recent IQ test score?

So tell me more about your tiny little world where Apple is the embodiment of Satan and every other company is represented by bright, glowing angels? Or are you going to flat-out ignore me because you have nothing else to say?

6. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    15 years and a lot of drugs and STD's ago......why?

purecain and MxPhenom 216 say thanks.
  7. Kantastic

Kantastic

Thanks Received:
    Just wondering why you didn't go back to school and get a degree for something that's actually useful. I know a recently-divorced 50-year old woman at my college taking both chemistry and physics at the same time to knock off pre-reqs in order to be a physical therapist.

8. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Because I'm not a recently-divorced 50-year old woman on the prowl for 20-something pee pee?

9. MxPhenom 216

Thanks Received:
    coolstorybro. But don't talk shit about someones degree when you don't even have one yet.

10. m1dg3t

m1dg3t

Thanks Received:
    146 is not borderline genius, and is limited to a VERY small percent of the population.

11. Kantastic

Kantastic

Thanks Received:
    I expected nothing more from you. ;)

Ignored x3! You're so good at only reading what you want to read and ignoring everything else. It's no lie that liberal arts majors are a dime a dozen. My sister was an English major from a prestigious university and she's making almost nothing. The good thing is that she'll be in medical school soon so her salary will increase exponentially after 4-6 years. There's nothing wrong with being a liberal arts major, just don't complain if you feel like you're potential was wasted or you're not living the standard of life you thought you would having a college degree.

12. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Depends on the test and yes I know its a very small percentile of the population. I don't suspect my mind is anywhere close to that now. When I was in high school I was taking basic aeronautical engineering prepping for a career in the field. Now I'm just happy to still wake up with wood.

13. ThE_MaD_ShOt

ThE_MaD_ShOt

Thanks Received:
    [​IMG]

Crunching for Team TPU
  14. Kantastic

Kantastic

Thanks Received:
    If your IQ was actually 146, you'd still be well within the norm, maybe even on the higher end of the intelligence spectrum. That is, unless you find yourself not knowing how to brush your teeth in the morning or whether you pee in the sink or the toilet.

15. m1dg3t

m1dg3t

Thanks Received:
    146IQ would put you roughly in the top 1% of the population, globaly. I don't see that. :eek:

16. MxPhenom 216

Thanks Received:
    What makes you think I didn't read what you said?

17. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    I just don't care enough at this point to be retested. Maybe when my kids leave the house and I have free time I always thought about becoming a doctor or something "respectable" But then again.......I don't care enough lol.

Its funny a lot of people at that time said I cheated so I ended up taking the test three times to prove them wrong within a two year period. I sucked (still suck) at formal math so bad its amazing. I'm not even mechanically inclined. However you put me into a situation where I know most the variables I can tell you how to solve the problem. I tend to think WAAAAY outside the box. Hell some of the people on TPU can tell you I'm beyond a stickler for detail. This is because of my severe OCD and the way my mind works. I work full time from home with a salary for a reason.

Anyway this thread isn't about me. Its about how awesome Apple Care is.....or isn't.

18. Kantastic

Kantastic

Thanks Received:
    That means you have nothing to offer as a rebuttal because everything you criticize Apple for you tolerate for other companies.

This thread was never about Apple Care. :shadedshu

19. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Apple Care is who you called ;) Anyway Apple does have good service. I once dropped a laptop on the sidewalk in Honolulu and called them from a hotel room bitching about how the speaker was blown. They replaced the whole thing and honestly they were well within their right to tell me to go get bent.

Also Phenom works for MS.....honestly he does. So you are basically arguing Chevy is better then Ford with a certified Ford mechanic.

20. MxPhenom 216

Thanks Received:
    I do, but what does that mean. Its not like this is a Microsoft vs. Apple thread. So thats irrelevant.

I'll take any product that is not Apples.

@Kantastic, Im not going to rebuttal because a lot of the things I have to say about apple have already been said about other Anti-Apple people in this thread. But regardless, what you recieved at Apple is or should be common practice for all companies out there. Nothing special. But regardless, im not going to waste anymore time with this thread. So have fun with your $800 piece of plastic.

heky says thanks.
  21. brandonwh64

brandonwh64 Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!

Thanks Received:
    [​IMG]

^^^

Random like this thread.

purecain and MxPhenom 216 say thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  22. FordGT90Concept

FordGT90Concept "I go fast!1!11!1!"

Thanks Received:
    Keep in mind that the only reason why they can do that is because they offer so few products. Their most customizable product is the Mac Pro and it only has 6 hardware options: processors, memory, hard drives, graphics, optical drive, and optional fiber card. A competing product from HP has too many options to count: processors, memory, hard drives, additional drive cage, additional controllers, storage controller upgrade, secondary multimedia bay, SAS tape drive, tritary multimedia bay, up to six optional cards (many choices), redundant power supply, redundant fans, TPM, and more (that's enough to get the point across).

Flexibility has the downside of not being able to walk into a store and walk out with a new replacement. Then again, Apple has always sold appliances and not business machines like the rest of the industry.

heky, purecain and Chevalr1c say thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  23. Completely Bonkers New Member

Thanks Received:
    I hear the church has pretty good customer service.

24. -1nf1n1ty-

Thanks Received:
    I am not quite sure what this thread is about anymore but from what I read,do you people mean you really just can't like both? Or is it the sort of thing where you need to like/ support one or the other? I....don't understand

25. cdawall where the hell are my stars

Thanks Received:
    I just want to throw it out there my wife owns an itouch within the first year of owning it the WiFi died. Made an appointment with the apple gods and got told to go fuck myself somehow I killed the WiFi and warranty didn't cover it. From that day on I won't buy ianything. I won a baby iPod the 24hr battery life sucks brand new I might have gotten 8hrs. It sits in a drawer and I use my 5-6 year old sansa which has a better battery life better codec support and a fm tuner.

I strongly support apple selling inferior products at a higher cost. The retina display doesn't sell me an iPhone. I will continue to use my galaxy s iii and be happy.

3 tries for a good product is bullshit. It should work out of the box no questions asked no guesswork it should just fucking work. My job as a consumer isn't to wait on appletards to fix something that should work when I open the box and turn it on. That is nonsense. Turn around time for other companies? EVGA crosshipped me 3 different 780i sli boards before I got a good one. They paid for all of the shipping and shipped overnight. I sold th one that finally worked and bought a p5q. I do not care how good customer support is if their product is shit they are shit.

heky, purecain, n-ster and 2 others say thanks.