1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Why is desktop wireless slower than notebook wireless!

Discussion in 'Networking & Security' started by kenkickr, Aug 20, 2008.

1. kenkickr

kenkickr

Thanks Received:
    In my desktop I have a Dlink DWA-552 Wireless "X-treme" N pci adapter and in the notebook it uses a trendnet Wireless G USB adapter. I have tried drivers from Dlink to Atheros, they make the chipset for the card, but I either get really slow internet or just no internet at all but the P4 2.6Ghz, 512Mb laptop with its wireless G adapter surfs very well, Hell, I can watch highlights of the Cubs game without any problems on the laptop. Both of these talk to a Belkin N1 router upstairs in my friends apartment, he needed it for his Xbox 360 so I bought him it for X-mas, and the router is set to talk to both G & N. I am thinking about picking up the Belkin N1 USB adapter tonight and trying it on my desktop to see what it does.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  2. kenkickr

kenkickr

Thanks Received:
    Nevermind, solved problem. Bought the Belkin USB N adapter and DAMN the internet is fast. I can see through the utility transter speed will reach up to 200Mbps!! I'm very happy and now the D-link is being sold, hopefully.
    Crunching for Team TPU