1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Why is life so boring?

Discussion in 'General Nonsense' started by Ben Clarke, May 17, 2008.

1. Ben Clarke

Ben Clarke

Thanks Received:
    Why does nothing exciting ever happen? My typical weekend now involves me sitting here, playing 10 minutes of a video game. Get bored. Listen to a bit of music. Get bored. Watch something. Get even more bored. What can I do that I won't get bored of, and is legal for someone of my age? NOTHING even remotely fun ever seems to happen to me. Everyone else thinks that something is fun, but I can't see any reason for their thinking. Pretty much the only thing I do now in my spare time is sit here and think or post here. Why does nothing interest me anymore? Am I going mental?

Needed to get that off my chest.

2. flashstar New Member

Thanks Received:
    Play paintball. :) You can join a regional team and play every weekend if you want. It's much more fun than staying inside the whole day.

3. Ben Clarke

Ben Clarke

Thanks Received:
    Paintball was kind of boring when I tried it out. It's too plain, you just shoot people and try not to get hit yourself. I really see no reason to spend loads of money on it, it's just something too simple for me to enjoy.

4. Corrosion

Corrosion New Member

Thanks Received:
    Masterbate?

Rebo&Zooty says thanks.
  5. Ben Clarke

Ben Clarke

Thanks Received:
    Even that gets boring after a while.

6. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    Life is what you make it. Well they say lol... Save up and go para jumping that'll get ya blood rushing. Maybe you be able to do for a fund raiser later when ya good enough.

Or just maybe ya on a computer to long and it's made you brain dead lol.

7. Ben Clarke

Ben Clarke

Thanks Received:
    I'm not braindead. I got 146/150 marks on my math test 2 weeks ago. There's just nothing that interests me anymore. Nothing that all the other kids do seems fun to me - football, other sports, making paper aeroplanes... none of it appeals to me. And smoking and getting high are just stupid anyway.

8. DaMulta

DaMulta My stars went supernova

Thanks Received:
    Ride a bike:)

9. Ben Clarke

Ben Clarke

Thanks Received:
    Nowhere to go on it. Last time I went out on my bike was 3 years ago. I'm not sure I'd even still fit on it.

10. JC316

JC316 Knows what makes you tick

Thanks Received:
    Well, you have to start and ask yourself what you find fun. I find fun in tennis, gaming, driving, 4 wheeling, cleaning my car up and tweaking the audio system, going to amusment parks, etc.

What do you find fun?

11. Ben Clarke

Ben Clarke

Thanks Received:
    That's the thing - nothing. I can be interested in something for 10 minutes, then just get bored. Nothing manages to keep my attention now... not even boobs.

12. DaMulta

DaMulta My stars went supernova

Thanks Received:
    Get a trail bike. There is always somewhere to go on a bike.

I just got back from a day of jeeping in the woods. O man was I dirty.

13. JC316

Thanks Received:
    Well, if you find nothing fun and can't concentrate on something for more than 10 minutes, I would say that you have ADD.

Maybe get a job where you can work lots of overtime, that way in your boredom, you can make lots of cash.

14. Ben Clarke

Ben Clarke

Thanks Received:
    UK prohibits under 18s from getting jobs that pay more than £3.50 an hour and limit work to 16 hours a week.

15. JC316

Thanks Received:
    Well fuck..... Sounds like you need to just get out and take in the simple stuff. I have gone walking in some woods before where there are no trails, just use my instincts to know where to go. Me and my friend killed a good 3 hours before we finally made it back.

16. Ben Clarke

Ben Clarke

Thanks Received:
    I might do that tomorrow.. I dunno. It wouldnt be so bad if we had the same rights as adults.

17. panchoman

panchoman Sold my stars!

Thanks Received:
    pick up 2 girls and screw em.. and have fun trying to juggle em without letting one know about the other...

18. Ben Clarke

Ben Clarke

Thanks Received:
    Highly unlikely pancho. I have trouble picking up one.

19. Azazel

Azazel New Member

Thanks Received:
    this is some thing i do when im bored

Blink wildly and then close your eyes really tight for an interesting light show

See how long you can hold a note

Try to not think about penguins

Use your secret mind power

Pretend you're a robot

Scratch yourself

Rate passers by

Repeat the same word over and over until it loses its meaning

Pinch yourself

Try to swallow your tongue

Pretend to be a car

Make Star Trek door noises

Look at something for awhile, shut eyes, study after image

Get yourself as nauseated as possible

Invent a weird twitch

Make a low buzzing noise

See what's in your neighbour's rubbish/trash

Watch TV, repeat everything said in Italian accent

Send spooky emails

Make prank phone calls

Pretend all humans will die except for people in room with you

Step off a curb with eyes shut, imagine it's a cliff

Try and sound Welsh

Burn things with a magnifying glass

20. panchoman

panchoman Sold my stars!

Thanks Received:
    awww thats too bad ben.. learn to get one and get one! lol

or find some nice lesbian sluts and go over to one of their orgies... fun as fuck (what i do :p)

21. Ben Clarke

Ben Clarke

Thanks Received:
    None of that is fun... It's pointless.

22. Azazel

Azazel New Member

Thanks Received:
    its fun...don't think about penguins......i did that for 19 hours today

23. panchoman

panchoman Sold my stars!

Thanks Received:
    you need to screw some girls too... maybe like the one in your avvy

24. Azazel

Azazel New Member

Thanks Received:
    i tried jumping a girl on a bus and screw her....but she screamed and i was arrested....dont know why

25. Rebo&Zooty

Rebo&Zooty New Member

Thanks Received:
    agreed

your in the same boat as i was in and really am normaly in, i just dont find the same shit fun that most people do, hell most of the time i find it unbelivebly boring and pointless.

examples:

clubing: ppl use to force me to go with them, i dont get it, bunch of swetty drunk people bumping into eachother to shitty music, and 1/2 or more of the ppl have BO because they dont put deodrant on befor they go out.....

Drinking: meh, i dont like hangovers and i really dont like being out of control, so this really dosnt intrest me.

Drugs: see above

i so i know where you are coming from.

my advice, take up something that will stick with you and be usefull later, try and lear programing, c# or c+ for example, once u get some of the basics down, try and get involved in a project like wcell or openascent(wow server emulators) its good exp, and its something that you could use later in life, hell i know alot of programers that became programers because they where borde and desided to eat up their bord time by learning programing, they all agree that once they get into it the bordom went away because it became VERY challenging.
    I personaly have tryed to learn programing, i spent neerly a year trying, my brain just dosnt work that way, BUT i can at times spot bad/bugged code strangely enought, i cant tell u how to fix it, but i can spot it:p

i have add/adhd and some asburgers, with add/adhd what you gotta do is find something that challanges you, something that you can get yourself truely intrested in, when you do that you can zone out for HOURS without getting bord, you dont even hear/see the world around you most of the time, you fixate on stuff that intrests and challanges you, computers and overclocking are 2 things i fixate on, gaming is another, but not stuff like css(laim game) or most shooters, they are fun for a break or when i just wana screw around, but they get VERY boring for me pretty quickly.

on the other hand a good MMO like UltimaOnline, Ragnarok Online, WoW(privat server only plz) or the like can hold my attn for a few hours at a time, not because its all running and gunning, but because there is ALWASE something to do, you can just run around exploring the map, you can craft stuff, hell with privat servers you can even go down and look at scripting items or helping the server staff fix/find bugs.

hell i find beta testing apps and games to be quite fun, not because im playing something most other gamers dont have access to, but because i love finding and helping fix buggs, and because many times beta tester's ideas/imput are acctualy listened to, so you can help shape the game, even if in small ways.

add/adhd isnt the curse that todays world makes it out to be, some of the smartist people in history would have been diagnosd with add or adhd if they saw todays doctors.

I strongly feel that anybody who drugs their kids to manage "add"/"adhd" should be kicked in the crotch over and over with steeltoe boots.

as my grandmother and great grandmother use to say, its not a sickness/deseise/affliction, its just "boys will be boys" or "kids will be kids".

blah i got off on a tangent, sorry about that, but point is, you just gotta fine something you can fixate on, readings a good hobby, i can recomend some great authers that can capture anybodys imagination :)