1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Why is my Audio not working right?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by quasar923, Aug 5, 2008.

1. quasar923 Guest

My audio is not working when i listen to audio files online such as on tvlink sites and on myspace the sound does not work. but i can listen to my music in windows media player just fine. why is this? i have installed the latest realtek audio drivers.
  2. quasar923 Guest

anyone? please i wanna watch Meet Dave tonight.
  3. Kursah

Kursah

Thanks Received:
    Do they use a codec you may not have installed?

Did you check your system volumes when trying to play these items to see if there is a bar that is turned down or muted? Any other issues relative to your onboard sound?
  4. quasar923 Guest

no i dont see any codec, all my audio bars are full up.
  5. quasar923 Guest

well the only other issue i can think of which i dont think is an issue is that from the PC case for the front i/o which i am not using the analog wires for audio got cut so i had to use the HD audio but im not using the headphone jack in the front im using the middle black output jack on the back i/o on the mobo.
  6. quasar923 Guest

ill try IE im on firefox now
  7. Kursah

Kursah

Thanks Received:
    If you're not using FP audio, don't connect it...also you may have to go into BIOS and select HD Audio or something to ensure the FP output is correct...don't know why you "had" to hook it up if you don't use it. :D

If you do use it, and it works fine, then that's alright! :D

I thought myspace used realaudio or some streaming audio like that? Maybe download a codec pack, or look in the help/troubleshooting of those sites you recieve no sound from, see what they have to say about it...does it appear they're playing or not playing when you have no sound? Sometimes I've noticed w/o a codec it goes either way, some items appear to be playing, some just won't.
  8. quasar923 Guest

i think i need adobe flash player
  9. Kursah

Kursah

Thanks Received:
    ahh there ya go...keep me posted! :toast:
  10. quasar923 Guest

it wont work!! is it my 64bit OS that wont let it work?
  11. Kursah

Kursah

Thanks Received:
    I don't have any issues with any sound...but I use X-Fi...my G/F's onboard Realtek works great, had to get her VLC, realplayer and a couple other codecs installed...same with my X-Fi but her myspace and well everything audio she does works great.
  12. quasar923 Guest

WHOOO!!! I am masta masta!! haha i had to go into realtek audio manager and put it to 4 speeker system it was at 2 and it would not work with 2 in windows media but it would work with 6 and 8 so i tried 4 last and my volume was really high and im connected to a 4.1 530watt sterio system and i was on my myspace and holy shit that scared me haha.
  13. Kursah

Kursah

Thanks Received:
    lol! Glad you got it working! :toast: