1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Why is there no Final Fantasy on PC?

Discussion in 'Games' started by PLSG08, Jun 22, 2013.

1. Deadlyraver

Thanks Received:
    I got a friend who fiends the beta, and is it always boring at the start? To be honest, I like it when beginnings become underwhelming as it brings curiosity on what happens next, you know, the one thing that makes adventure games awesome?

2. PLSG08

PLSG08

Thanks Received:
    Darn it I live in Asia. What does it mean to have a valid EU account?

Well I'll try my luck with signing up for beta, that's the least I could do to support SquareEnix...

Well most MMORPG or any RPG/Lore kinda game starts out boring (look at WoW)

signing up now, hope I get to play....

EDIT: What do I choose if I live in the Philippines? It seems that Square is forgetting about us pacific islanders...

SLIGHT CHANGE OF TOPIC: What do you guys think of Dissidia (duodecim)? I've been playing it for that past week and I have to say Square did a good job to making a good fighting game

Last edited: Jun 30, 2013
  3. D007

D007

Thanks Received:
    I play FFXIV ARR. Going to Excalibur, transferring from Durandal to get on an NA server.
    50 all Dom/Dow.
    Played since early 1.0 version beta.

I love the changes so far.
    It's a totally different game.
    Ran through the main story and a bunch of stuff in beta now.

Beta test just stopped for this weekend, 20 minutes ago.
    Next weekend likely it starts again.
    Will be from 5 am EST Friday morning, if they stick to the typical.
    Ends Sunday morning at 5 am EST.
    Beta runs for two days then is off for the rest of the week for updates/repairs n what not.

Can always look at the beta launcher and follow the link to the forums to get an update on the time, in case they change it.
    They won't update the date until like Wednesday or Thursday though likely.

4. KainXS

KainXS

Thanks Received:
    to get in right now, your gonna need to have a key and theres a good chance if you get one it will be a UK key, if you have a UK key you need to use a UK square enix account to register the key, and if you want to play on PS3 you will need to use UK PSN account as well to use the included voucher code, same thing with US and so on, you need an account that matches the country

you can still use a UK or US key even if your in the phillipines I think, right now I'm using a UK key to play the game on my PC(I had to use a UK SE account though) and I'm in the US you can apply for a key but a giveaway will get you in right now, If the page I posted yesterday still had some yesterday, I don't know about now though.

which one?

Last edited: Jun 30, 2013
  5. PLSG08

PLSG08

Thanks Received:
    Hmm a Uk account huh? Well then I'll just try my luck :/ Also most sites I've been to for FFXIV (all the english sites) doesn't list down Philippines so I choose Austrailia (nearest place I could find, others were pretty damn obscure for me)

6. D007

D007

Thanks Received:
    They accidentally sent me a UK beta key and I am in the US.
    Idk if it works. Whoever enters it first get's it.
    Game on: RBWE 849E 8SZ4 8TH7 B385

Please respond if you get it so people know to stop trying. Ty.

7. PLSG08

PLSG08

Thanks Received:
    I'm getting it :D

EDIT: edit the post and delete the key so people would stop trying the code, would save their time

Last edited: Jul 2, 2013
  8. ViperXTR

ViperXTR

Thanks Received:
    Ah Final Fantasy, still remembered the 5 disc PC version of FF8 hehe (and that palleted texture thing lol)

FF9 was the last FF ive played and i thought i liked it better than 7 and 8 (the snes ones are even better)
    I got spooked by the dialogue/voice acting in FF10, and i dont feel like playing FF X-2, I thought FF12 had decent voice but never really played it (played both on real PS2 and PCSX2, PCSX2 having really nice hi res details)

Monolithsoft's Xenoblade made me come back to jRPG and looks pretty on Dolphin with custom sprites and textures

9. NinkobEi

NinkobEi

Thanks Received:
    FFV is on the iphone. i'm waiting for them to port it to windows phones so I can gnab it on windows 8. Honestly I think the Final Fantasy ports are the only thing keeping square enix afloat right now.

10. PLSG08

PLSG08

Thanks Received:
    Well True, the classics will always be classics. FFX was the one that got me hooked onto the Final Fantasy Series (FFXII kinda dissapointed me tho) then I started playing from FF1 till 3, then Dissidia.

Wonder if FFXVI would be a blast off

11. KainXS

KainXS

Thanks Received:
    yup 9 was the best FF to me personally, and 10 was not bad but 10-2 was a skip and I should have skipped it, but 10 International was the way to go on FF10

as a Tetsuya fan Xenoblade is an awesome game, most of the games(if not all) in his xeno series are good games, going all they way back to one of the kings Xenogears. I have really been wanting to get in Soma Bringer though also.

12. PLSG08

PLSG08

Thanks Received:
    What is the big difference between the normal X and X International? (playing X international BTW)