1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Why the XBOX RROD's

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by mod2max, Jul 31, 2011.

1. mod2max

mod2max New Member

Thanks Received:
    Ok, so while an XBOX 360 is powered on the fan is on and drawing air through the system keeping it cool.

So you've been playing for a good number of hours and the system is at full operating temperature, so when you're done you switch the system off. But what happens when you switch it off? ...that's right! the fan stops and the system is still at a high temperature.

So with all that heat and no fan to draw it away, the heat as prooved is causing damage.

My question is, is there ANYWAY that ANYONE can think of to keep the fan or other fans going after the system has been switched off? I don't care if it's done via a switch or if the fan(s) can turn off after a certain amount of time with some sort of timer...

Cheers all :)

2. Batou1986

Batou1986

Thanks Received:
    Leave something that draws usb power plugged in like a cellphone charging or a headset.
    The system will shut down but the fans will stay on until you switch off whatever plugged in off or unplug it, almost like when its downloading stuff after you turn the console off.

If you have the play and charge unplug when you play plug it back in before you turn it off.

mod2max says thanks.
  3. Chryonn

Chryonn

Thanks Received:
    i'd like to know, if after all those hours of intense gaming and the inside is at full load temperature then you turn it off; what happens if you turn it on again right away? do the fans spin at max rpm in an attempt to cool the inside?

as to a solution, use a mains adapter that puts out 12V so you can attach a couple of 12V fans and place them around the XBox.

mod2max says thanks.
  4. mod2max

mod2max New Member

Thanks Received:
    Chryonn, thats a very good question... I've never really noticed but I'd guess that while the system is booting atleast, the fans will only "run" they wont respond to any temp sensors. I'll try that when I've built it back up.

Also the 12v adapter idea sounds good! I can be so stupidly slow sometimes -.-"